“Like having your own Viennese apartment”
Review of my MOJO vie Hostel

my MOJO vie Hostel
Ranked #15 of 216 Speciality Lodging in Vienna
Reviewed 10 August 2014

My experience at My Mojo Vie was very positive. The general vibe is very laid-back.
I stayed in a single room and shared the facilities with the other guests: a fully equiped kitchen, a cool living room with TV, PC, board games and music instruments (!) and the bathroom. So it felt a lot like staying at a Viennese apartment with other people.
Every room is equiped with a huge array of items that a traveller might need: books about Vienna, umbrellas, mirror, beauty kit, scissors, ruler, notepad, pens, tablet, and so on. The list is incredible and the level of detail astonishing. Same thing goes for bathroom and kitchen, where you enjoy some freebies (soap, shampoo, etc).
Alessa and the rest of the staff are super friendly and love to give suggestions on where to go (there is a blackboard on the living room with information about what's going on in the city). You also enjoy their great breakfast which was included in the price.
Tram 5 stops right in front, and you can walk to Museum Quartier in ten minutes.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled solo

Reviewed 20 April 2014

I stayed here about 6 months ago. Just wonderful. The staff was great and the room was quite comfortable. I thought the location was wonderful. About a 15 minute walk to the Kunthistorisches Museum and maybe a 10 minute walk to the Westbanhof train station. The tram going to the Westbanhof stops right in front of the building. Speaking of, the building itself is pretty amazing. Don't fret about the stairs, if you walk into the building there's an elevator. It might look dark and residential, but it's fine.
Really this place reminds me of staying with a cousin while visiting. If you want local knowledge and a true feel for Vienna, then this is your place. If you want the uniformity of a hotel and all of the bells and whistles that come with one, then don't stay here. As I have said, staying here felt like seeing the real Vienna.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 10 April 2014

I wanted to stay at My Mojo Vienna, but I will not, for the simple reason that 12 days after sending a booking request (including my credit card details), I still do not have a confirmed booking. I emailed twice and rang twice to no avail. During our last - brief - phone call, I was told that they would get back to me within 24 hours. That was a week ago.

From our first - also brief - phone call I understand that they are busy renovating the place. I still do not see how this prevents them from checking their calendar, and responding to email. This is unprofessional, and impolite given I trusted them with my credit card details.

So if you guys are reading this - I booked another, hopefully better place, thank you for wasting my time!

Maybe a negative review will prompt an apology? Stay tuned.

Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank airphin
Reviewed 5 November 2013

This hostel was a great surprise on the trip. Wonderful decor with lots of nice details thinking on the guests.
Very good treatment.
We can go walking everywhere on Vienne and are close to some options of good restaurants and pubs.
Recommend for everybody who wants to go there.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 27 October 2013

I just don't understand how this hostel has such a good rating. They cancelled my booking at the last minute without phoning me- I turned up at the 'reception' (a random room om the third floor of a dingy building) at 1.10 pm - it was unmanned, with no contact number for enquiries. I ended up having to walk the streets to find another hostel at the last minute. Save yourself the hassle and drama and book elsewhere, this place looks shabby and is just not worth the effort.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled solo
3  Thank Karina T
Reviewed 26 September 2013

I stayed at Mojovie for 4 nights while in Vienna. It is convenient to the Westbanhoff station with a #5 tram stop right outside, grocery store and other neighborhood amenities. Mojovie has a great laid back vibe with nice large rooms, a cozy common area with free internet access and a small kitchen area with free items to help if you want to prepare a meal. Alisa included a handy Wien map with my keys in my welcome envelope. I loved the pumpkin seed and hearty breads offered at breakfast. My only issue would be the tiny toilette. This is one of the best places I stayed at during my trip.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank Travelersez
Reviewed 22 September 2013 via mobile

We stayed for two nights in a double room in an apartment shared by three other rooms. The room was beautifully decorated, clean and cosy! We had everything you could possibly ever need and more! So much attention to detail.

The living area and kitchen area were to the same standard and made you feel like you could really relax. The huge notice board with loads of info on was especially great.

Our host was wonderful and gave us all the info on the best sights to see for our short stay.

Overall the BEST hostel I have ever stayed in. If you come to Vienna, don't stay anywhere else.

• Stayed: September 2013