I can't say enough about this charming place, and Ulla and Roland, the owners. Our room had a comfy sofa and love seat, chairs, little refrigerator, spacious closet and large dresser. The bathroom was outstanding, with the toilet and shower, with it's own tiny sink and mirror, off the rest of the bathroom which had a wonderfully large tub and sink. The room even had a fireplace although we didn't use it. We were on the 4th floor in an attic apartment so it was very quiet. I had ordered tickets to the Vienna Boys Choir Mass and Ulla had them there for us when we checked in, along with a map.
The breakfast room was relaxing, elegant and cozy. Roland made wonderful scrambled eggs for us, so delicious. It was a treat to have my own pitcher of steamed milk and coffee.
The neighborhood was perfect, a very short subway ride from Old Town, just a one minute walk from the building. It is a quiet residential area with a couple of restaurants just steps away. The Greek restaurant was one of the best in the world, reasonably priced with nice staff.
I can't imagine a better place to stay in all of Vienna, which is a lovely city with a wonderful transportation system and many things to see and experience. I'm afraid we were very spoiled.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- We are a small family owned boutique hotel / B&B in the hearth of Vienna. Spacious, bright, and elegantly furnished rooms of timeless beauty with heated stoneware flooring and large bath tubs in all rooms are what makes us special. Very comfortable beds, Air-conditioning, and included breakfast are standard. In one of the best residential areas of Vienna, located in a quiet back street in a (in 2002) remodeled old (originally built just before 1900) house of classical style, yet directly at an underground stop just a few minutes away from all important places in Vienna, we are the perfect place for your stay in Vienna - no matter if for business or pleasure (or both). Enjoy the organic breakfast buffet each morning for a healthy start into your day! Allergy friendly hotel according to ECARF-Standards. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Fastbooking, Hotels.com, Odigeo, Travel Republic (UK), Ebookers, HotelsClick, Evoline ltd and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Hotel SPIESS & SPIESS Appartement-Pension reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Spiess And Spiess Appartement
- Spiess & Spiess Appartement Hotel Vienna