I arrived in Vienna by train and followed the instructions given to me by the B & B which required using the underground. The directions were very clear and when I came out of the station, there ahead of me to the left was my destination. Perfect! When I went to my room, I was amazed - it was in the back annex and had a patio onto the courtyard. What a treat! The room was very spacious - tastefully decorated in white and all the amenities were modern and sparkling clean. The bathroom was awesome - I felt very indulged. I ate at a couple restaurants in the neighbourhood - Greek, right beside the U entrance and an Italian place right around the corner. Both were very good and reasonable. I really loved how easy I could access the underground, which really helped me move around the city. The receptionist was very pleasant and helpful, although I had one bad experience when I enquired about getting tickets for the Vienna Boys Choir. I was assured the ticket was waiting for me to pick up and given directions to the theatre which involved the U and taking a bus at one of the stops. It was pouring rain so I jumped into a taxi and ended up at the wrong place with another lady, also given wrong directions. We were both stressed out as we had a time limit to claim our tickets. Luckily, a good Samaritan gave us a ride down the street to the theatre. After all that, when I got there, they didn't have a ticket in my name. Luckily, I was able to purchase a seat. It was a beautiful concert. Afterwards, the young lady sitting beside me directed me to the U station right outside the theatre. Not sure why I didn't get the correct info to begin with, but that was my only negative experience at this beautiful B & B and I have no hesitation in recommending it. Stay there! You'll love it!.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- We are a small family owned boutique hotel / B&B in the hearth of Vienna. Spacious, bright, and elegantly furnished rooms of timeless beauty with heated stoneware flooring and large bath tubs in all rooms are what makes us special. Very comfortable beds, Air-conditioning, and included breakfast are standard. In one of the best residential areas of Vienna, located in a quiet back street in a (in 2002) remodeled old (originally built just before 1900) house of classical style, yet directly at an underground stop just a few minutes away from all important places in Vienna, we are the perfect place for your stay in Vienna - no matter if for business or pleasure (or both). Enjoy the organic breakfast buffet each morning for a healthy start into your day! Allergy friendly hotel according to ECARF-Standards. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Fastbooking, Expedia, Booking.com, Travel Republic (UK), Hotels.com, Ebookers, Evoline ltd, HotelsClick and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Hotel SPIESS & SPIESS Appartement-Pension reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Spiess And Spiess Appartement
- Spiess & Spiess Appartement Hotel Vienna