We have just returned from staying here for a long weekend and having been and stayed in most parts of Europe, I am such a fusspot when it comes to accomodation but have NEVER stayed in such a beautiful, peaceful, clean, friendly, relaxing, accomodating accomodation.
The rooms are huge with extra large comfortable beds, sofas, tables, desk and chairs. everything is fresh cotton white and spotlessly clean with remote control air conditioning and a reasonable priced and well stocked mini bar in the room..........almost like a show home.
The shower is amazing, it's so powerful and the tub is HUGE (big enough for two) The toilet has a bidet and everything from cotton wool pads, tissues, toilet tissue,plenty of fresh white cotton hand towels and bath sheets/ towels, essential oils/ shampoos, conditioners, soaps etc etc are replaced daily!
The rooms have an lift to all levels so this is a bonus of you have luggage or find it difficult to manage stairs.
The hotel is only 8yrs old and was a complete refit so everything is as new yet you get the feeling it's full of charactor, history and culture.
The U Bhan is exactly 1min walk from the hotel doorway so you are always just 5-10 mins away from ALL main sight seeing/tourist areas, the benefit of this is the street is very peaceful to sleep after a long day of discovering Vienna. I was going to stay in the 'main' popular parts of Vienna but having now seen how noisy these areas are 24/7
I am delighted I chose here. You can also get from the hotel to airport using U bhan and train very easily, the transport system is fantastic.
You are one street away from restaurants and I HIGHLY recommend the Greek place just across the road, it is yummy and a great setting.
Also PLEASE order the eggs for breakfast, I have no idea how he makes them but they are fab and the choice of breakfast from the buffett really sets you off for the entire day, so much to chose from, fresh fruit, berries, bread, hams,different fresh fruit juices cheese, cereals, spreads, yoghurts etc etc....
The only other way I would describe this place is one of Viennas hidden treasures, I was sad to leave and WILL be back.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- We are a small family owned boutique hotel / B&B in the hearth of Vienna. Spacious, bright, and elegantly furnished rooms of timeless beauty with heated stoneware flooring and large bath tubs in all rooms are what makes us special. Very comfortable beds, Air-conditioning, and included breakfast are standard. In one of the best residential areas of Vienna, located in a quiet back street in a (in 2002) remodeled old (originally built just before 1900) house of classical style, yet directly at an underground stop just a few minutes away from all important places in Vienna, we are the perfect place for your stay in Vienna - no matter if for business or pleasure (or both). Allergy friendly hotel according to ECARF-Standards. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Odigeo, Priceline, Fastbooking, Traveltool, S.L.U., Hotel.de and Evoline ltd so you can book your Hotel SPIESS & SPIESS Appartement-Pension reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Spiess And Spiess Appartement
- Spiess & Spiess Appartement Hotel Vienna