The hotel ocation is great once you get your bearings. It's non descript exterior blends in, making it hard to locate the first time around. Hotel is within walking distance to the outer and inner ring (where main attractions are), in between two major shopping belts, near the train station and there are grocery stores 2min away.
There's are about 10 steps you need to negotiate your way up to, to get to the reception. Heavy suitcases are discouraged. A quaint lift takes one up to the rooms, though it's faster to use the stairs.
Each of the rooms are named after wines and seem to each have a slightly different layout and furniture. We got a room overlooking the street and it was spacious and clean. Apart from the typical over the head shower, shower jets come out from the side of the wall giving rise to a therapeutic shower. Absolutely enjoyable.
Internet was free. However the signal strength varied depending on where you were in the room and the time of day (always appeared weak in the afternoons)!This was a bit of a bummer.
Staff were friendly and helpful.
Honesty system worked at breakfast where you just told the front desk at the end of your stay how many breakfasts you had had. Refreshing- to be on the honor system
Am not sure if this is the Austrian way of doing things but staff let themselves into the room to check on how things were going rather than wait for you ( should you be in the room) to open the door for them. I felt this to be an invasion of privacy. I was napping on one occasion, heard the door open.. And just as I had bolted out of bed to
Check out the "intrusion", a staff was already inside.
Overall- a great stay!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Vienna's one and only wine themed hotel is looking forward to hosting all wine lovers. All our 39 rooms are dedicated to Austrian premium winemakers and are featuring clear and state of the art design and function, enhanced with a lot of love for the details and some quirky things, too. Don't be surprised!!! You will find the wines of your partner vintner in your room and all the other wines from all the other winemakers in our wine lounge. We serve, of course, wine 24 hours a day. Our attic suite (80 sqm with private rooftop terrace) is dedicated to German vintners...! Why? Because weeeee loooove Riiiisling!!! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Agoda, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA and Travel Republic (UK) so you can book your Hotel Rathaus Wein & Design reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hotel Rathaus Wein And Design Wien
- Hotel Rathaus Wein Design Wien
- Rathaus Wein Design Wien Hotel