Stayed here with my wife for a week in late October/early November. Took my wife with me for her first trip to Europe, and wanted a romantic hotel with excellent service. Booked the Rathaus Wein and Design because of the overwhelming positive reviews on TripAdvisor, and we were not disappointed. Arrived at 9:30 am after flying from the US, expecting to leave our luggage until our room was ready. Conrad had our room ready for us, a perfect room on the 3rd floor with a beautiful view of Stephansdom (Sattlerhof room). Got our trip off to a great start.
The rooms are wonderfully designed. Modern fixtures, flat screen tv, windows that fully open, hardwood floors, comfortable beds, and a very fun bathroom and shower. The glowing light above the beds was a nice touch. Rooms are sealed tight. The Cleveland Symphony Orchestra was in town during our stay, and a violinist from the orchestra was staying in the room next to us. We never heard him once.
Location is great. Tucked away on a quiet street, one block away from one of the major routes around the Innere Stadt. Three blocks from the Rathaus U2 station, three blocks from the Volkstheatre U3 station, and a beautiful 15 minute walk through the Volksgarten to Michaelerplatz and Stephansdom in the center of town.
Best part of this hotel, by far, is the staff. Incredibly accommodating and attentive. Every member of the reception staff had a positive impact on our trip, but Conrad and Claudia were particularly helpful and pleasant. Restaurant and coffee house suggestions, directions, U-bahn and train tickets, airport transports, suggestions for shopping (I suggest Mariahilferstrasse and the Naschmarkt, among others), every request was met with a pleasant, helpful answer or suggestion.
I highly recommend this hotel for people traveling alone or for couples. You will not be disappointed.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Vienna's one and only wine themed hotel is looking forward to hosting all wine lovers. All our 39 rooms are dedicated to Austrian premium winemakers and are featuring clear and state of the art design and function, enhanced with a lot of love for the details and some quirky things, too. Don't be surprised!!! You will find the wines of your partner vintner in your room and all the other wines from all the other winemakers in our wine lounge. We serve, of course, wine 24 hours a day. Our attic suite (80 sqm with private rooftop terrace) is dedicated to German vintners...! Why? Because weeeee loooove Riiiisling!!! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Agoda, TripOnline SA and Odigeo so you can book your Hotel Rathaus Wein & Design reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hotel Rathaus Wein And Design Wien
- Hotel Rathaus Wein Design Wien
- Rathaus Wein Design Wien Hotel