“A great pleasure”

Hotel Rathaus Wein & Design
Ranked #11 of 359 Hotels in Vienna
Reviewed 11 March 2014

Much travelling occasionally turns up a hotel that gives as much pleasure as this one. Pleasing design, comfortable and spacious rooms -- all themed around Austrian wines -- and complete and considerate service. The bar area, which doubles as a morning breakfast room, is a perfect meeting place, serving wine and snacks later in the day. The hotel is an easy walk from the Museum Quarter and the city centre. A perfect stop for a few days in Vienna.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank NPassant
Write a ReviewReviews (1,356)

Reviewed 3 March 2014

By far the largest room and shower I have ever had in Europe. Stayed 3 nights, the staff was so accommodating and friendly. Excellent service, immaculately clean, and great wines. I can't think of a single detail they could have done better. It's also a good location, close to all the sights.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank LosAngelesAmy
Reviewed 3 March 2014

I echo other recent comments - really can't fault anything about this hotel! I booked it for a weekend away with my husband based on other reviews here and it absolutely didn't disappoint. Highlights were: the breakfast!! It's amazing! A rangers honey and jams like I've never seen in a hotel before, great meats and cheeses, fantastic range of healthy nuts, seeds, fruits, yogurts... lots of teas and coffee to choose from, and some nice sweet temptations to end with :-) my booking was breakfast inclusive but would happily have paid the €17 each, particularly if you can treat it as brunch. Really reliable Internet connection was much appreciated by my husband for some work emails... Very good location - about five mins' walk to museumsquartier. Try to take some of the back roads and side passages to get there to avoid the loooonnnng waits at crossings! Lovely spacious rooms and huge bathroom, tastefully and quirkily decorated, yummy smelling toiletries. Lastly, I cannot praise the staff highly enough - they could not have been more helpful and I really appreciated the fact that they always spoke to me in German when I spoke to them in German. Thank you.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Rebecca S
Reviewed 22 February 2014

We stayed here for 3 nights and were not disappointed. The rooms were spacious, light and full of style. They were really well equipped with all that you would need with some lovely individual touches. The service was excellent- the staff could not do enough for us and they were always incredibly helpful and friendly. Breakfasts are very good and if you like tea there is a huge range. Location is perfect- very close to the underground which is easy to use and also In walking distance of all major attractions. Very good value for money - would certainly return!

Stayed: February 2014
3  Thank LindaD1961
Reviewed 20 February 2014

I stayed at the boutique Hotel Rathaus Wein & Design for a long Valentine's weekend with my wife and I cannot fault our stay from start to finish.If you like great wine, modern and tastefully designed, comfortable rooms complemented by faultless service, in a well positioned hotel this is the perfect hotel.Incredible value for money, nothing was too much trouble for the staff.The free internet service in the rooms was also a welcome facility compared to many hotels I have stayed in.

Room Tip: If you want to stay in a very quiet room choose the room overlooking the courtyard
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
oderwitz, Manager at Hotel Rathaus Wein & Design, responded to this reviewResponded 24 February 2014

Dear wine afficionados from Cyprus!

Thank you very much for your kind review on TA.

Good to know that wine producers from Cyprus like the Austrian wine so much. Can´t wait to taste some wine from your winery, too.

I hope you had a safe return, all the best from sunny Vienna.

Conrad Schröpel

Reviewed 19 February 2014 via mobile

I took my girlfriend to Vienna for her birthday and I have to say, this hotel made our time there that extra bit special. The beds were comfortable, the Internet was fast & the rooms were modern yet quirky at the same time! We loved the large spacious shower, it was great fun! As for its location, it is well situated: it takes 5-10 min to get to the old centre & about 5 to the old town hall, the museum & the parliamentary buildings. The area it is in is also a nice one and is full of nice restaurants (we went to a different one by foot every night and were not disappointed). Great hotel for a great price! If we ever go to Vienna again we will definitely be staying here!!

Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Simon1391
Reviewed 18 February 2014

We were lucky enough to get a cancellation the week before we travelled and as we were staying for six nights (and had stayed before?) Conrad gave us a 20 euro per night reduction. This time we stayed on a room only basis and that gave us the flexibility to have breakfast out, although I do think the breakfasts are excellent and 17 euros is about right - it's a hotel, not a cafe!
Our room, 309, was great: really light and spacious (we liked it, because of the double windows)
As I said to Conrad, before we left, the hotel is in a great position, with interesting, modern interiors, but the greatest asset is the staff, who are all friendly, knowledgeable and ... fun.
Go there,you won't be disappointed!

Room Tip: Apparently, all the '9' rooms are very light inside.
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple