I only stayed 24 hours in Vienna, but I could not have picked a better spot! The hotel has a really cool design and the Wine theme is visible everywhere with empty bottles used in the interior design, the names of the rooms etc. My room was very spacious with quite a comfy bed, a lovely bathroom and great shower. The room looks very quirky and there are nice little touches, such as funny texts on mugs, the don't smoke sign looks like a cigarette pack and so on. The "curtain" is a panel that you move in front of the window and in the morning when the sun comes up it has a great sort of print on it that is emphasized by the sun, but without making the room light. Quirky!
The toilet was separate, which is really great, however I do not understand why there was no small wash basin (it is spacious enough) in it so you could wash your hands. Now I had to walk to the bathroom for that. This was the only little point that could be improved.
The staff is really helpful. They explained how I could walk easily to the city center (a lovely 20 minute walk along a number of key must see spots!), which is one of the reasons why I thought this hotel was in a great location: outside of the busy center but within walking distance of everything worth seeing.
The breakfast is very nice, with quite a large spread and when you order a boiled egg you get it with a face drawn on it and a little hat: so cute!
As my plane left very late (11pm), I was very happy to discover that the hotel has a "Wash & Go" room, as I had already checked out of my room. In this way I could still discover the city and have a quick shower afterwards at the hotel, before I jumped in the taxi to the airport. A great final touch! I will definitely come back.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Vienna's one and only wine themed hotel is looking forward to hosting all wine lovers. All our 39 rooms are dedicated to Austrian premium winemakers and are featuring clear and state of the art design and function, enhanced with a lot of love for the details and some quirky things, too. Don't be surprised!!! You will find the wines of your partner vintner in your room and all the other wines from all the other winemakers in our wine lounge. We serve, of course, wine 24 hours a day. Our attic suite (80 sqm with private rooftop terrace) is dedicated to German vintners...! Why? Because weeeee loooove Riiiisling!!! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Agoda, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA and Travel Republic (UK) so you can book your Hotel Rathaus Wein & Design reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hotel Rathaus Wein And Design Wien
- Hotel Rathaus Wein Design Wien
- Rathaus Wein Design Wien Hotel