“Style & Service”

Ranked #7 of 360 Hotels in Vienna
Athens
“Style & Service”
Reviewed 9 December 2008

We just returned from a wonderful staying in this stylish hotel! Indeed, it was not only the particular style of the design but also the professional friendly service of all the personnel (my son even received a big chocolate from the St. Nikolas...) but also the spacious, very well decorated & cleverly organized rooms and the more than full of home made choices breakfast.

Only one disantvantage: We stayed only for one night, but I promise myself that very soon I will return!

• Stayed December 2008, travelled with family
1 Thank StefPap

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (163)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Czech first
  • Greek first
  • Polish first
Los Angeles, California
Reviewed 18 November 2008

My husband and I visited Vienna for 3 days in November and enjoyed our stay at the Rathaus. This is a hip, stylish boutique hotel located out of the city center but very close to the U-bahn and an easy and enjoyable walk into the city center. We stayed on the second floor in the Kloster Am Spitz room. Our room was extremely clean, large and very comfortable. The beds were great, the walk-in shower was the best, I loved the design of our sink, parquet flooring, big windows facing the front, floor to ceiling window coverings, high ceilings and a mini fridge containing wine of our wine maker whom the room is dedicated to.
Check-in was very smooth, the woman (unfortunately I did not get her name) was very helpful in recommending nearby restaurants, organizing U-bahn tickets as well as any of our questions we had. Breakfast was plentiful and served in the breakfast room/wine bar with white, high-back leather banquet seating and chairs, clean-lined wood tables and parquet flooring (very fresh and minimalistic style).
I really enjoyed our stay here and would return no doubt to the Rathaus Hotel.

• Liked — Walk-in shower
  • Disliked — Nothing
  • Stayed November 2008, travelled as a couple
1 Thank esbella
Melbourne
Reviewed 28 October 2008

We have just left the Hotel Rathaus Wein and Design after a wonderful four night stay. The accommodation was excellent, the staff exceptionally friendly and helpful and the atmosphere chic. The breakfast was unbelievable and needs to be experienced as a once in a lifetime event. We would return tomorrow - if only we could. Highly recommended.

• Liked — Friendliness of staff
  • Stayed October 2006, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Mickdave
Brussels, Belgium
Reviewed 6 October 2008

I stayed at hotel Rathaus for a week. Staff is friendly and helpful. The breakfast buffet is amazing: The wine list provides a choice of half bottles to help tasting of excellent Austrian wines. The hotel well exceeded my expectations and I would not hesitate to stay here again.

• Liked — Design
  • Disliked — -
  • Stayed September 2008, travelled on business
2 Thank NLBanker
Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates
Reviewed 21 September 2008

Travelling back to the UAE from Croatia, my friend and I decided to spend a night in Vienna. Based on T.A. reviews, I booked at the Rathaus Wine and Design .... hey anything that deals with wine makes me happy. The cab dropped us off and as I hauled my bag up a flight of stairs to reception my heart sank .. what on earth had I gotten us into?! Reception however was warm and friendly.

We had planned to share a room but upon discovering that no twin beds are available (and that our room had a big glass "romance-me" shower at it's heart) we decided to get a second room.

We were prepared to pay two rates but reception gave us a special deal for both - we were most pleasantly surprised!!

That evening we dined at the bar and the meal was a total highlight - Charming CONRAD led us through a generous wine tasting accompanied by delightful tapas. I probably would have retained more of Conrad's teachings about Austrian wine had I not gone for that final glass of tempting pinot.

The breakfast buffet - which is stellar - was served the next morning in the same room, or we could eat in the darling courtyard if we prefered.
All in all, the hotel well exceeded my expectations and I would not hesitate to stay here again (esp if travelling with my husband!)

• Liked — Excellent service and food
  • Disliked — The walk to reception - it doesn't reflect what's in store for you at the hotel!
  • Stayed September 2008, travelled with friends
3 Thank McMaster4004
New York City, New York
Reviewed 14 September 2008

Every room is designed or themed by a vineyard. Not only a very nice concept - it is executed excellentlyl. Great interior architecture that doesn't only look great but is also very functional, makes you feel at home, and helps you to relax after a long day in the city.

Talking about the city: the 10 min walk from the hotel to the inner city is very picturesque and you will pass several sights (city hall, some museums, and the generally beautiful architecture of Vienna) on the way.

And finally: every interaction we had with staff (from management to maid) was very pleasant and friendly

• Liked — Location, style, friendlyness
  • Disliked — nothing
  • Stayed September 2008, travelled as a couple
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
Reviewed 11 September 2008

We stayed here for 2 nights at end of August and absolutely adored the room, the staff , the location and the awesome breakfast. We were a little early to check in but Martina found as a lovely double room with funky design and nice touches. In fact, Martina was a joy at every time we needed her. Breakfast choice superb, wine selection in the evenings a joy. The location may look a little out of it on a map but is only 10 mins walk from main part of city and very peaceful consiering how close it is. You will love it.

• Liked — breakfast
  • Disliked — small lift
  • Stayed August 2008, travelled as a couple