Having scanned through the TA reviews and looked at Hotel websites I decided to book our Vienna stay with Rathaus Wein and Design (RWD). I was excited by the promise of Wine themes and modern boutique styling. Having stayed for 5 nights I have to say I was a bit dissapointed by my experience with RWD. The wine theme was minimal to say the least and was simply displayed by the wine bottles in the fridge matching the name on the room door. The room we had was no frills to be honest and needed a good dusting down. The double bed we had was 2 singles pushed together, with no mattress cover to cover the joint. This was exasperated by the fact that the bed had not one big duvet but 2 single bed duvets!! No tea and coffee making facilities in the room, inefficient heating system left the room cold for most of our stay, so much so we had to order an extra electric heater. The Breakfast everybody raves about is little more than a cold cuts buffet, with a choice of pickles. We only found out on the 3rd day that we could order hot food in the form of eggs from the Kitchen as we hadnt been informed until then. To sum things up, I think the word " Boutique" is used a bit too freely these days and doesnt necessarily mean quality. For the room tariff I was charged the stay simply did not reflect value or quality. On the Upside the staff were generally friendly and Vienna was superb!!!! I would go again, but would stay at a different hotel.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Vienna's one and only wine themed hotel is looking forward to hosting all wine lovers. All our 39 rooms are dedicated to Austrian premium winemakers and are featuring clear and state of the art design and function, enhanced with a lot of love for the details and some quirky things, too. Don't be surprised!!! You will find the wines of your partner vintner in your room and all the other wines from all the other winemakers in our wine lounge. We serve, of course, wine 24 hours a day. Our attic suite (80 sqm with private rooftop terrace) is dedicated to German vintners...! Why? Because weeeee loooove Riiiisling!!! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Agoda, Odigeo and TripOnline SA so you can book your Hotel Rathaus Wein & Design reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hotel Rathaus Wein And Design Wien
- Hotel Rathaus Wein Design Wien
- Rathaus Wein Design Wien Hotel