“For people who is satisfied with granny's room for weekend”
Review of Pension Mozart

Pension Mozart
Ranked #334 of 359 Hotels in Vienna
Reviewed 12 January 2013 via mobile

Great location, close to Museum quarter and metro. Very nice owners, friendly, speaking a lot of languages, intelligent couple. They created for me so nice atmosphere, having told about all cultural events and music places in Vienna that I didn't notice small rooms and very thin walls. Pension is clean, full of old things even with the smell of old house. But it makes inside cozy, like u r at your granny's for weekend. Breakfast is ok, bathroom is clean. If u need just b&b and good advice for music life of the city, it's nice place. Notice that most guests r musicians, which get up early and come back late, as walls r very thin u'll hear everyone's moving.

• Stayed: February 2012
1  Thank Squirrel888

Reviewed 19 October 2012

I have been informed that if I arrive earlier than 8am, I need to advise them so they can arrange tol let me in. My flight arrived 6am as advised and I was in the hotel 6:30am. I rang the bell many times, called the mobile number for emergency but with no luck, mobile phone is off. By 8am I tried again since thats the official opening time, the helper let me in to the reception and offered me coffee and bread. After a while she wanted me to speak to the reception in charge over the phone,I was advised to come back by 12noon to check in. Since, the weather is perfect and I was excited with the place I didnt mind waiting outside until they let me in. But if its winter, I could have frozen, not unless starbucks is open for me to warm myself. The owner is very friendly, warm and kind that even I wanted to get mad I couldnt.

The breakfast is okay with diff selection, normal B&B, as noted in their website its a small breakfast room. The lady helper doesnt speak english, try to know the basic german words.

I have paid for a single room On street view but I didnt get it, instead I was given a double room on inner side. I was almost to burst as I hear the door from the other room from every single movement. Im supposed to have a relaxing one day and get some sleep until next day when my friends arrives. This is room 1, beware! The quadruple room shold have been nice if it was ready when i transferred. They gave one set of keys, key for building door, sub door and room door, for 4 people we have to share one set of keys!

Location is excellent, musemquartier is 2mins, habsburg is 5mins, stephansdom is 15mins, u bahn station musemquartier is 2mins away. There is a sushi small restau down the u bahn station, i liked it so much, delicious and its cheap.

Wifi was working perfectly. Towels were changed.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled with friends
Reviewed 23 April 2012

The staff of the hotel are friendly and try to communicate, although not all of them speak english! There is a lift, however the entrance is on the 1st floor. Once you have signed in and the owner has shown you around, you are given a set of 3 keys - which makes you feel like a care taker!!!

I wanted a basic hotel to keep costs down and at around 85euros for 2 nights, including breakfast, this was ideal.I didn't have a toilet in my room, but I did have a shower. There was a TV although I didn't watch it, so am unsure about the channels available.

There was a good selection of food available at breakfast time. Every taste would be catered for.

The hotel is very clean and there is a selection of apples and sweets available in the foyer.

I think you can order other drinks and snacks from the reception. There is a starbucks just around the corner too.

The location is amazing. Very close to the museum quarter stop on the U2 metro line. Although you can walk to Stephensplaz very easily. The imperial palace is close as are the museums.

Wifi was available, which suprised me as on the booking information it said it wasn't.

I would stay there again as the location was ideal and the price was right.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled solo
1  Thank Lydsmate
Reviewed 14 March 2012

Pension Mozart is in the perfect location for a tour of Vienna. Walking distance to every musical venue, every museum and restaurant. However, the stay was less than comfortable even with an incredibly friendly owner. The bottom line is that if you want non-smoking, a nice breakfast and an affordable stay this just isn't the location. Our clothes were smoke-soaked, and the breakfast room is literally was the size of the bathroom. I guess it is standard to eat in a smoke filled room? The bed was uncomfortable, the fruit which everyone is raving about was old and almost rotten. It really isn't for a backpacker or business travel because it was 100 euro a night...basically you can stay outside of downtown and train/cab in for less and be comfortable.

It is unfortunate to write a negative review because the owner was SO gracious and warm, but when paying for a service and accommodation that just isn't enough.

Room Tip: Room away from the alley will provide a way to keep from being woken up by the six different trash p...
  • Stayed: February 2012, travelled with family
2  Thank KirbySanford
Reviewed 7 September 2011

I spent "10 nights" and it would have been OK if one of the owners had not been so rude and desrespectful to me by shouting and putting the telephone down and cutting the conversation.... the reason was that they made a mistake and my paid in advanced room (with Booking.com), was occupied by another guest, therefore I had to spend the first night in a different room and when I complaint of course, then this patronizing blond woman was not happy at all with my explanation...they thought that I should be paying € 100 more for staying in a room that I didn't want. I do not look for a good deco or a beautiful view or any luxuries, I want a place where I can sleep and have a shower, then I simply want to spend the rest of the day away and travelling and sightseen...this place is cheap and is in a central location, buffet is OK and you have a friendly welcome by the waitress who is very helpful. They will not change your bedding in 10 nights(a policy that I did not see in writing anywhere), The temperatures in Vienna were above 30 and the bed clothes were smelly after 10 nights. They did clean a bit and changed the towels every day. This is OK for the price but you can do a lot better by booking somewhere else, who needs the hustle and the rudeness and the noise. The hotel is OK but not the way you get treated. If you are a solo traveller and you are planning to stay for a few nights, it could be a nasty experience. Vienna is so beautiful, a shame that it has to be ruined in this way to us tourists and visitors.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled solo
4  Thank yolandagn
Reviewed 29 June 2011

This "colorful" pension has quite a bit going for it...friendly staff, kooky decorations, great location and reasonable rates. The rooms are comfortable and well equipped, if not spotlessly clean, and being that it is a stone's throw from the Mariahilferstrasse (main shopping street) and the Museumsquarter, it's price cannot be beat.
This said, Pension Mozart is probably best suited to adventurous bargain travelers under the age of 40...a spirit of adaptability is necessary as this does NOT feel like a hotel, or even a B&B, but more like y ou are crashing at your eccentric grandparent's house for the weekend...the house has a quite strong smell to it as well.
All in all, a mixed bag.

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled on business
3  Thank monicalups
Reviewed 24 February 2011

Location is the best thing about this hotel - remember it has only one star! Five munites walk from all famous places in Vienna, plenty of places to eat around.

Rooms are reasonably spacious ( we had a regular double), furniture is 50 years old, TV at least 15 years old, TV remote fixed with a Scotch film, bed is so-so, pillows are awful. Clean enough, bed made every day, towels changed every day. Noisy, especialy if your window is overlooking the street (garbage collection cars start at 7-00 European time! with horrible clink-clank noise. Earplugs solve everything).
Breakfast reasonable - you do not need a variety of 10 meats and 10 cheeses in a 1-star hotel. Three kinds of meat and sausage, two kinds of cheese, sevection of packaged joghurt, two kinds of bread (rolls and rye bread), fried eggs, hot beans and sausages - on a self-service table. Maid brings a sweet home-made crepe with whipped cream, chocolate and nut to each client. Coffee from a coffee-machine, drinkable.
Staff extremely helpful and polite.

Important! Hotel is on the second floor of a regular building BUT - elevator is on renovation till June 2011. Note if you have heavy luggage. We asked the reception man to help us.

• Stayed: February 2011, travelled as a couple