“Please do not book with the Mozart”
Review of Pension Mozart

Pension Mozart
Ranked #336 of 359 Hotels in Vienna
Reviewed 4 August 2010

Please do not stay here! The hotel works with online booking companies to create fraudulent bookings. I did not even have a reservation with the Pension Mozart and ended up paying for a no-show. $515 on the credit card and then a complete nightmare to try to get it back (I have still not succeeded). Visa and Mastercard are in tough because the hotel steals or works with booking agents that have your credit information, so its often up to the hotel to forgive the charge. The management is about as rude as could be imagined. Please do not book here as they evidently will do anything to screw over guests and potential guests, and people who do not even have a reservation.

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled on business
8  Thank Studenttravel74

Reviewed 9 April 2010

Excellent location, but the room was uncomfortable and dirty, the entrance in the building was a little scary.

• Stayed: December 2008, travelled with friends
3  Thank IrinaVoicu
Reviewed 1 April 2008

The location is great: very close to the Museum district. They provide ample breakfast. The lobby is nothing to hang out in, but I didn't go to Vienna to sit in the lobby. The price was very good.

Stayed: March 2008
2  Thank nealjking_njk
Reviewed 4 May 2007

I have to thank you for the wonderful stay , that I had at Pension Mozart
I will always have pleasent memories about this pension, Vienna and the Viennese.
If I have the posibility I will not hesitate visiting Pension Mozart in the near future,
Raluca IONESCU

• Stayed: March 2007
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
4  Thank hajo1
Reviewed 6 April 2007

I love the location. It was only a very short 5 to 8 mins walk away from closest u-bahn station "Museumquartier". Even the ring (city centre) is only 20 mins walk away. The owner of the pension was very friendly.

The room was very cheap however you get what you paid for. The bed was squeaky and too soft and old. The bed sheet felt dirty because I felt itchy for the whole night. There was a huge yellow-ish water stain right next to where my head would be. For the sample price, I would rather stay in a clean hostel with shared 4/6 shared bed.

One extra plus of the location, there is a Starbucks just 2 mins walk away. That made me felt a little like home.

Strongly suggest you bring your own sleepbag if you decide to stay here.

• Stayed: March 2007, travelled solo
    • Check-in / front desk
5  Thank atb-maguro
A TripAdvisor Member
Astana, Kazakhstan
Reviewed 29 May 2006

It was my fourth time staying in Pension ''Mozart since 1999 and I can say it was great as usual.

Whenever I order a room here I always find a friendly atmosphere and understanding. Very comfortable location in the heart of Vienna, closed to most popular trade street Mariahilferstrasse, where I can find everything I like is also important for me.

Good choise of brealfast celection, nice, comfortable room with TV and phone, with WC and shower-all that you I always get in Pension ''Mozart''. Dear family Mauracher, thank you for your service, thank you for Pension ''Mozart'', thank you for Vienna.

With best regards
Natalya
Astana, Kazakhstan

• Stayed: May 2006
8  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
A TripAdvisor Member
Mexico
Reviewed 27 February 2006

We all want to thank pension Mozart for the welcome on our arrival to Vienna. Personally we felt quite comfortable at Mozart Pension.Owner was so kind providing with the best option for staying and at the best rate you can offer. That very important for the tourist any time we visit a city. To have a personal key gave us security and enough freedom so to plan our days and night sightseeings through Vienna.
Mozart Pension has the familiar touch required to make the guest in safe place and confiance. Besides this your location is terrific. Just a couple of blocks next to the quarter museum and opera hall. Museums, churches, cafes and even bars were no far at all and full of quality.

• Stayed: February 2006, travelled on business