“Great Location, Hotel Not So”
Review of Pension Mozart

Pension Mozart
Ranked #334 of 359 Hotels in Vienna
Reviewed 2 January 2011

This hotel is in a great location - walking distance from Museum's Quartier, in the Mariahilferstrasse shopping district, pubs and restaurants are close by.

The hotel itself is in a pretty run down building with a dark lobby entrance. My room, which was the budget double, was unbearably cold even with the radiator all the way up. The owners provided extra blankets to help and I rearranged the curtains in the room to try to ensure as much heat as possible from the radiator reached the room instead of the window well. Still, leaving the covers was nearly unbearable and, while the proprietors said they worked to improve the temperature, I think the slight warm up in the room could only be attributed to a warm up outside.

I am recommending with reservations simply because the location was great. I would say try other places nearby and, if you can't find one in your budget, go with this place.

• Stayed: December 2010
3  Thank US_Soccer_Qualifies

Reviewed 30 November 2010

I stayed here several months ago and I still remember that check in at this hotel was till 19 p.m. Our flight has been delayed and I sent e-mail asking to wait for us if it possible. I was promised that they would wait for us. In fact our plane has landed in time, even a bit earlier. So we arrived at the pension appr. at 18 p.m. And the first thing I've known upon arrival that room I booked is not available. It was pretty weird considering the fact I contacted the hotel in advance. Moreover I was suggested to have an available triple room - and pay exactly for triple room, although I booked the cheapest twin room with shared facilities. It is not fair and it's not OK at all.
I understand mistakes happen, but all around the world it goes without saying that customer can't be responsible for the hotel's mistakes.
Finally the owner made a discount for a few euros but I don't think that hotel is an appropriate place for arguing about price.
As for the pension itself, the best thing is location which is extremely convenient. As for the room, I didn't like a few things - very old cheap furniture, strange smell and the curtain instead of the door to the bathroom.
Next time I'll definitely try another place.

• Stayed: December 2009, travelled as a couple
4  Thank bronniks
Reviewed 4 August 2010

Please do not stay here! The hotel works with online booking companies to create fraudulent bookings. I did not even have a reservation with the Pension Mozart and ended up paying for a no-show. $515 on the credit card and then a complete nightmare to try to get it back (I have still not succeeded). Visa and Mastercard are in tough because the hotel steals or works with booking agents that have your credit information, so its often up to the hotel to forgive the charge. The management is about as rude as could be imagined. Please do not book here as they evidently will do anything to screw over guests and potential guests, and people who do not even have a reservation.

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled on business
8  Thank Studenttravel74
Reviewed 9 April 2010

Excellent location, but the room was uncomfortable and dirty, the entrance in the building was a little scary.

• Stayed: December 2008, travelled with friends
3  Thank IrinaVoicu
Reviewed 1 April 2008

The location is great: very close to the Museum district. They provide ample breakfast. The lobby is nothing to hang out in, but I didn't go to Vienna to sit in the lobby. The price was very good.

Stayed: March 2008
2  Thank nealjking_njk
Reviewed 4 May 2007

I have to thank you for the wonderful stay , that I had at Pension Mozart
I will always have pleasent memories about this pension, Vienna and the Viennese.
If I have the posibility I will not hesitate visiting Pension Mozart in the near future,
Raluca IONESCU

• Stayed: March 2007
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
4  Thank hajo1
Reviewed 6 April 2007

I love the location. It was only a very short 5 to 8 mins walk away from closest u-bahn station "Museumquartier". Even the ring (city centre) is only 20 mins walk away. The owner of the pension was very friendly.

The room was very cheap however you get what you paid for. The bed was squeaky and too soft and old. The bed sheet felt dirty because I felt itchy for the whole night. There was a huge yellow-ish water stain right next to where my head would be. For the sample price, I would rather stay in a clean hostel with shared 4/6 shared bed.

One extra plus of the location, there is a Starbucks just 2 mins walk away. That made me felt a little like home.

Strongly suggest you bring your own sleepbag if you decide to stay here.

• Stayed: March 2007, travelled solo