“Decent Indian food”

Add it.
Delhi Delights Taste of India
Cuisines: Indian
Reviewed 5 October 2013

Went here with major indian food cravings after 4 days of Italian, Wien and continental cuisine. Unhurried service, simple ambience, tasty curries, very good naan, not so good mango lassi. My Italian friend opted for the thali and enjoyed it tremendously. He did not fond the food as spicy as other indian restaurants. Reasonably priced too for European standards. Would definitely recommend this place to anyone with curry cravings

1  Thank Lakshmi P

Reviewed 11 July 2013

I chose this restaurant as I was in the mood for Indian food and it was very close to my hotel the Hilton Vienna. It is a little off the beaten path but we found it easily enough. As soon as we entered the restaurant it wasn't all that busy but decided to eat there anyway. The chicken Tikka Masala tasted as good as any restaurant I would get in the states, the aloo paratha was also excellent. The samosa appetizer was unfortunate as you only get one so be sure to get 2 orders. All in all it is a pretty good Indian restaurant if you are not interested in Viennese food.

Reviewed 2 April 2013

The veg thali was amazing. Worth mentioning is the indian bread (naan) which was amazing and was a part of the thali.
Deserts were not upto the mark though. I tried mango lassi and gulab jamun, they could have been better.
The staff was really nice.

Reviewed 1 April 2013

The restaurant had a nice ambience and the food was pretty good. This place can be reached by taking TRAM 'O', stop name sechskrügelgasse, direction -> Praterstern. I would surely recommend this for people who are on the look out for Indian food. Prices were economical as well and you can have a full fledged meal for 17-20 Eur.

Reviewed 1 July 2012

“DELHI DELIGHTS” (called “Delhi Palace” on Google map of Vienna a/o July 1, 2012) is the only Indian restaurant I found in the area of Wien Mitte train station, a few tram stops from Praterstern (Tram stop: Bechskrugelgasse on line letter “O”), where I had an honorable set menu buffet lunch on Sunday May 20, 2012 for only 8 Euros plus drink.

Most restaurants in Europe (especially in France and Spain but also many restaurants in Germany) have a cheap set menu for lunch, but it is always from Monday to Friday excluding holidays. A few of them offer this cheap menu also on Saturdays but I only know a handful of real restaurants offering it on Sundays. This Indian is one of those exceptions.

I had an honorable buffet lunch with eight dishes to choose from for only 8 €. I added a draft beer of 0.30 liter for 2.20 € and I had a full lunch for 10.20 Euros, which translates to under $13 US all included, plus extra tip.

The Nan was very good and it came in addition to the eight dishes of the buffet, which included Tandoori chicken (legs, as usual), Curry chicken, vegetables and rice among other choices.

This restaurant is a few yards from Mercure Hotel on Ungargasse and just a few blocks away from Wien Mitte train station and the “Stadtpark”, where you will be able to stretch your legs after lunch.

At that price, it was the best value for money that I found during my whole trip to Vienna last May 2012.

If you want to know more about public transportation in Vienna, you may read my review about IBIS WIEN MESSE right here, in T.A.

2  Thank Efrin_Knight