“Total waste of money! Should be renamed to Delhi De-LIE-ghts!”
Review of Delhi Delights Taste of India - CLOSED

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Delhi Delights Taste of India
Cuisines: Indian
Reviewed 29 June 2014

Just got back from an AWFUL Indian meal and the WORST Daal and Palak Paneer of my life at this restaurant so I had to vent it out! Everything right from the ambience to the staff to the service to the decor is so laid-back and NOT in a good way. The guys at the reception were clearly more interested in watching the football match (as if they get paid by the FIFA?!?) and didn't bother to display even an iota of the world famous "Indian Hospitality”! Nevertheless, we kept our calm and hoped that the food would compensate for all the lackings. I'm Indian and my husband is Austrian and we're both vegetarians so we ordered the most BASIC vegetarian food we're used to ordering in most Indian restaurants to test their CQ (Culinary Quotient). And in my personal experience, it is pretty hard to screw up yellow daal and Palak Paneer. But guess what? THESE GUYS DID IT! After 30 minutes of wait, the waiter/manager/owner whoever it was, appeared reluctantly with a rather unappetizing looking concoction of yellow color which was clearly NOT the yellow daal we consume in India! And then to add insult to injury, he brought a bowl of green poltice with large pieces of boiled Spinach (none of it was pureed) with chunks of stale paneer floating in it! And we paid nearly 30 Euros for this crap! This meal turned out to be such a dissapointment that I just couldn't believe that the chef could have possibly been Indian. And guess what? I was right! The entire staff is from NEPAL! So, that explains what went wrong there. Guys, better call yourself Nepal Heights, you're a shame to Delhi and it's mouth-watering North Indian cuisine!

2  Thank fussy_virgo

Reviewed 5 October 2013

Went here with major indian food cravings after 4 days of Italian, Wien and continental cuisine. Unhurried service, simple ambience, tasty curries, very good naan, not so good mango lassi. My Italian friend opted for the thali and enjoyed it tremendously. He did not fond the food as spicy as other indian restaurants. Reasonably priced too for European standards. Would definitely recommend this place to anyone with curry cravings

1  Thank Lakshmi P
Reviewed 11 July 2013

I chose this restaurant as I was in the mood for Indian food and it was very close to my hotel the Hilton Vienna. It is a little off the beaten path but we found it easily enough. As soon as we entered the restaurant it wasn't all that busy but decided to eat there anyway. The chicken Tikka Masala tasted as good as any restaurant I would get in the states, the aloo paratha was also excellent. The samosa appetizer was unfortunate as you only get one so be sure to get 2 orders. All in all it is a pretty good Indian restaurant if you are not interested in Viennese food.

Reviewed 2 April 2013

The veg thali was amazing. Worth mentioning is the indian bread (naan) which was amazing and was a part of the thali.
Deserts were not upto the mark though. I tried mango lassi and gulab jamun, they could have been better.
The staff was really nice.

Reviewed 1 April 2013

The restaurant had a nice ambience and the food was pretty good. This place can be reached by taking TRAM 'O', stop name sechskrügelgasse, direction -> Praterstern. I would surely recommend this for people who are on the look out for Indian food. Prices were economical as well and you can have a full fledged meal for 17-20 Eur.