“Outdoor Seating / Vodka Martinini Very So So”

Medusa Restaurant & Club
Ranked #68 of 4,343 Restaurants in Vienna
Good for: Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Inner City
Description: Welcome to MEDUSA located at Neuen Markt in the centre of Vienna City where a restaurant & club in one are waiting for you. International cuisine and first-class design in three stores – depending on your taste & mood, you can enjoy here lunch, dinner, after-work drink and of course the nightlife.
Reviewed 7 May 2014

That place is very well visited, it looks pretty good from the outside, but the cocktails are very small and I can feel that guys are running that place, at least women would take attention into detail, but guys don't: what is the problem with that place, when ordering drinks at least there should be napkins prepared / or at a bowl of nuts / chips should be including as well, or at least some flowers on the table. It all looks like that no one cares about the customers and when the drinks arrived, I could not believe that this is for adults: those are baby size cocktails, maybe they are expecting too many teenagers turning up. I'm actually drinking better cocktails on my Emirates Airlines Business / First-Class flights than in a real bar, I had to insist that a Vodka Martini is not made out of Gin and that three olives have to be in there. Without olives, how can it be a dirty Martini? What are you going to put in, cherries? Cucumber pieces? Overall, the location is nice, outdoor seating is pretty comfortable, there are heaters outside, February-March the outside-seating-season starts and usually around November it ends, they are power wasters - but it seems to pay-off. As Jasmina E already mentioned in her previous reviews on this page (see below), overpriced for quantity and quality. Didn't add tips, because I was not satisfied with the service / the price for value. But again, if you are sitting in such place, tell yourself "It is Vienna and Vienna is different" (when you enter Vienna, it already says so at the entrance to Vienna on the highway, there are street signs writing "Vienna is different") and you are all settled. Will go there again, probably go for drinks only, only "pop-in" is enough, it is not a place where you would spend all night long / unless you have a date / clients and you want to impress them that you actually don't care about spending a few bucks. Spent EUR 26.10 for 2 drinks / 1 Pink Grapefruit Juice (Soft-Drink EUR 4,90) / or as you can see attached I got a short message immediately from my bank in Dubai after I swiped my card: EUR 26.10 = AED

Reviewed 3 May 2014 via mobile

It was I nice location . waiters were very kindly with us but to get a simple sweet we wait more than 1 hour! Also I want inform the comunity that this place is very expensive comparing with what you get! 3 slices of bruschette 10 eur!!!!

Reviewed 30 April 2014

I Went there with my family, everyone came out happy. I especially recommend the Tuna steak.
our drinks were good, our food was super, but one of our portions was i bit small.
it was expencive, but totally worth it!
Next time i'll go to Wien, i'll visit Medusa.

Reviewed 8 April 2014

Food is not the highest quality although it is served vary nicely. I would recommend this place only for drinks and as a bar.
Food is overpriced for quantity and quality.

Reviewed 5 April 2014

On a Friday night a group of 6 colleagues chose to eat at Medusa.
The first four meals arrived after a lengthy delay, which we accepted since the restaurant was busy.
The fifth meal (porcini ravioli) wasn't served until about 90 minutes after ordering and several reminders.
After another 20 minutes and multiple requests, the final meal never arrived - in the meantime many other diners had come, eaten, and gone; including at least a couple of serves of the same dish we were waiting for!
The waiter was very apologetic but blamed the kitchen.
After two hours we gave up and asked for the bill - which took another quarter hour.
We received a modest discount but left and our hungry colleague stopped by for take away en route back the the hotel.
The meals we received were excellent - tasty and well presented - but the service was a major disappointment.