“Really good hotel with a good staff.”

Leonardo Hotel Vienna
Ranked #156 of 362 Hotels in Vienna
San Leandro, California
“Really good hotel with a good staff.”
Reviewed 1 February 2013

I stayed at the Leonardo Hotel in Vienna for 4 nights. Location is great (one block from Mariahilfer Strasse), metro station nearby - with the big Westbahnhof (from where I took my train to Budapest) just across the street. If you like to walk just in twenty minutes you will be at the Museums Quartier. My room was very clean, good amenities and the breakfast fantastic (the only problem - they didn't have a toaster... I was really surprised with that... but it ok); the staff was very helpful, specially the young lady working there around 7pm on Friday 01/18 and the young gentleman who followed her schedule (sorry I forgot all their names). They were extremely helpful during all my stay at Leonardo. It is a very convenient hotel for business or pleasure.

• Stayed February 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank H F

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (85)
  • Arabic first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Chennai
Reviewed 25 January 2013

We checked into the Leonardo Hotel only to find that our rooms had sloping roofs and claustrophobic small bathrooms. Since we did not fancy bumping into the ceiling whilst getting out of bed, we checked out immediately.

• Stayed October 2012, travelled with friends
4 Thank Arunkk09
Reviewed 20 January 2013

Stayed at the Leonardo hotel Vienna for 3 nights.
Found the staff relatively unhelpful in comparison to the other places I have stayed, though I think this is more a function the Viennese having no concept of customer service personally.
Breakfast was fantastic and one of the cheapest buffets that I have experienced in Europe.
Beds were very comfortable and the rooms were nice. I realise that this has been recently renovated but there were a few parts in the bathroom and the room that made me think that quality wasn't their highest priority in getting the hotel finished.
Location fantastic. Very easy to navigate anywhere.
I got a great deal on a website in off peak season and paid very little. When I read the gazetted rates in their hotel book I had to laugh. They really think that people are going to pay €300 per night and still pay for breakfast and wifi. Yeah right.
Moral to the story if you get a good deal. Book it's a nice enough hotel. But if your are considering paying the gazetted rate my advice is give it a miss. It's simply not worth it.

• Stayed January 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank George183
Vienna
Reviewed 14 January 2013

Location is top, next to Mariahilferstr. and Westbahnhof. I had an early arrival and a member of staff (I think he said he was rooms division manager) checked us in without asking for anything extra. Room prices are low, there seems to be fierce competition going on in that area. Since I only stayed there for business I made use of the business lounge on the top floor, which seems to be the hidden gem in this hotel. Quiet, nice view, I did not expect that they did even have a business lounge. Breakfast was good as well. Restaurant seems to be rather quiet for dinner time.... If you want a no nonsense, top location than this is a goog bet.

Room Tip: would opt for a room at the back, the hotel is located on a main street
  • Stayed January 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank ViennaHolidaychecker
Petaling Jaya, Malaysia
Reviewed 6 January 2013

As we were travelling by train, this place suited us fine, being only 5 mins walk from Wesbahnoff station. We were in a 'Comfort' room..the cheapest...and also the smallest! However, the modern and new amenities made up for it.

The TV has a few English channels..yes!!....mainly news channels but that's better than all other languages but English. The was no free wifi in the room but there is a PC station with 4 PC's and a printer for gratis in the lobby, so that was ok for making onward bookings, email, etc.

The staff were fine and the Front Office people were particularly very helpful with advice and bookings for tours and taxis. Housekeeping made up our room and did a good job.

There were no tea/coffee making facilities in the room but the staff will provide a tray for this service if required.

Overall, we stayed 3 nights and all went well. Nothing to complain about at all. Would stay again.

Room Tip: If you can afford to, go the bigger room!
  • Stayed January 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank LawrenceGuanTeoh
Zenica, Bosnia and Herzegovina
Reviewed 24 December 2012

Hotel is ok, but nothing special. For Vienna price is reasonable comparing to other 4-star hotels, and that's the main reason why we choose it, besides good location. However, I'm not thrilled. Hotel is new, but I didn't have a feeling that it is cleaned well, when I opened the toilet doors, it was a bit smelly, and there were some stains on the sink. Also, windows were very dirty. I know that it is winter and it was probably raining and snowing a lot, but I think that one 4-star hotel can't afford to have so dirty windows. Also, minus is that internet in the room is chargeable. With all those flat rates today, it is ridiculous that they're charging use of internet (I don't remember exactly what is the price, but I remember that is was ridiculously high).

Otherwise everything is ok. Room is a bit small, so as toilet, but it didn't bother me much, because I don't need a big size room for few nights sleepover. After all, I'm not in Vienna to spend time in hotel. Girl working at the front desk is very kind and helpful, she made a restaurant reservation for us, and answered all of our questions promptly.

• Stayed December 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank 2strawberry
Kiryat Gat, Israel
Reviewed 22 December 2012

I'm very pleased of this hotel, if I go again to Vienna I would definatly stay there again.
The Hotel is new, opened in July 2012. it has a good location, about 3 minutes walk from the orange underground line U3 and the purple line U6. There is also a train station Westbahnhof about 5 minutes walk from the hotel. U3 line from the hotel is only 5 stations away from city center Stephansplatz.
The hotel is also close to MariaHilfer Street, one of the best shopping street's in Vienna with shops like Zara, H&M, Forever 21, C&A, Delka, United colors of benetton, Humanic, Salamander and etc.
The rooms were clean, in the room I had teapot with tea and coffee what were filled everyday, TV with many free channels. and a hairdryer. in the lobbey there is 3 computers with free internet.
Mostly, I'm pleased of the hotel team and specially the girls in the reception - they were always very kind and helpfull about any quastion I had, they always tried to help the best they can.

• Stayed December 2012, travelled with family