“Five Star Hotel in Five Star Location”

Hotel Sans Souci Wien
Ranked #1 of 359 Hotels in Vienna
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed 25 March 2014

The Sans Souci is conveniently located close to an underground station and within 15 mins walking of most of the major attractions in central Vienna ; including the Cathedral, Parliament, City Hall, Opera House, Winter Palace and notable churches.
The hotel is comfortable, stylish and the staff very friendly and helpful.
The Spa is excellent with a 20m pool.
Breakfast is more than a mere 'Continental' with porridge, eggs, pancakes available to order ontop of the usual cereals, hams and cheeses, breads, jams, honey, marmalades, cakes, Danish pastries and so on. Caviar and champagne are chargeable extras.
Several types of milk are offered as standard, including Lactose-free.
The security is impressive with a key card needed to operate the lift and a one-way staircase from the rooms.
The TV in the room was within the mirror and the shower a generous 5ft x 2'6". The bathroom has underfloor heating - bliss.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank JayneStafford
SansSouciWien, Manager at Hotel Sans Souci Wien, responded to this reviewResponded 28 March 2014

Dear JayneStafford,

Thanks a lot for sharing your views on your stay - we highly appreciate it! We will gladly pass on your compliments to our staff and hope to welcome you again soon!

Reviewed 22 March 2014

Stayed two nights in between visits to Budapest and Prague. The room was just gorgeous and tastefully decorated; high-ceilings, modern European appointments and very funky 'hidden' mirror TVs. The bathroom was unexpectedly quite large and also well appointed. The hotel is in a great location, only 2 blocks from the Ring Strasse and close to everything you would want to see in Vienna. Hotel staff were extremely attentive and the whole stay was a pleasure to experience.

NOTE: Make sure your breakfast is included with your room; it is one of the best hotel breakfasts I have ever had! Not masses and masses of food, but gorgeously selected gourmet treats in addition to some ala-carte selections included in the price.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank sassenach-girl
Reviewed 11 March 2014

I was traveling to Vienna for a short time and was going to meet with my partner for only two days after months without seeing each other. The location of the hotel was ideal, the opera, museums and restaurants were in a walking distance, the attention was great and the room perfect for our needs We even had time for a massage session to relax in the hotel. I am staying here again and again.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
SansSouciWien, Manager at Hotel Sans Souci Wien, responded to this reviewResponded 14 March 2014

Dear condottiero,

thank you so much - what a great review. Thank you for sharing your experience at our hotel and also spa! Looking forward to having you stay with us again!

Reviewed 4 March 2014 via mobile

I spoke at a web development conference in Vienna where the organizers booked us into this delightfully posh hotel. I was not expecting the royal treatment I received.

The most telling part was when I first arrived. After the check in experience during which I was served hot lemonade, I realized I had left my iPhone in the taxi. I was deeply distressed but 24 hours behind in sleep. I was stumbling around my room, trying not to panic. I told the desk and they said they'd find the driver for me. Ten minutes later, I'm called down to pick up my phone in the lobby. I don't know how it all came together, but it was one of the least stressful crises of my life!

If you like to swim, don't miss the swimming pool. The water doesn't taste like salt or chlorine and the facility is beautiful with chandeliers and a stainless steel lining. The gym faciltiy, is open 24 hours as well.

Do try the champagne service at Le Bar. They have a very nice selection for an indulgence or two.

The staff were extremely friendly and helpful, both to me, my fellow conference speakers, and to my friends who stopped by. I especially enjoyed the chocolate gifts when I checked in and out.

Definitely recommended if you want a luxury hotel in Vienna!

Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Rachel N
SansSouciWien, Manager at Hotel Sans Souci Wien, responded to this reviewResponded 24 March 2014

Dear Rachel N,

A big Thank You! from our side for sharing the experiences of your stay with us. We're glad everything worked out well for you in the end and hope to welcome you again soon!

Reviewed 1 March 2014 via mobile

This is a fantastic hotel. It's doors opened no more than a year ago. It is centrally located and is a reflection of the city! A modern hotel with a classic touch.
The rooms are large with high ceilings. There is high attention to detail including furniture, entertainment system and bathroom.
I won't be looking for another hotel in Vienna! Bravo

Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 28 February 2014

One of the best cityhotels I have stayed in. From the first moment till the last our whole stay was just amazing. The room was very spacious and clean. The staff always there to help…wow what a hotel, will come back for sure

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 28 February 2014

This hotel is perfectly located for tourists to visit Vienna: next to the Museum Quartier and all the major museums/attractions are within a maximum of 15 minutes walk. It is a luxurious boutique hotel with a small number of rooms (50 rooms in total). The service is friendly with its good continental breakfast spread. We had a minor issue with heating thermostat and the room was too hot. As it was winter time, we resorted to opening the window. I'm sure the management team would ressolve this by now.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple