“A good place to start ... or finish your day”
Review of Le Backo

Le Backo
Ranked #2,161 of 4,151 Restaurants in Vienna
Cuisines: French, Cafe, European
Dining options: Dinner, Brunch, Lunch, Breakfast, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff
Neighbourhood: Mariahilf
Nicosia, Cyprus
“A good place to start ... or finish your day”
Reviewed 30 December 2013

Been there with my family of four twice during our short vacation in Vienna. Once for breakfast and once for lunch. Both times, we were content but not thrilled. The quality of the food was OK, the service was average and prices normal. Although, we did not like the emphases on the "Tip is not included". This is rude and should be avoided.

Budapest, Hungary
“'The service charge is not included'???”
Reviewed 22 December 2013

We chose this place to have a morning coffee/tea before we start our Christmas shopping in the center on 14th December 2013. The place is close to the main train station thats why we choose this place.
After we odered the drinks the waitress made a face expressing she was expecting from us to have a meal. Our stay was spoilt from that moment, probably she did not even noticed. The same waitress (her name was Mona as I remember) brought the drinks without any lemon for the tea or sweetener for the coffee. The melange was like a really bad cappuccino. After asking the bill she threw the bill on the table reading laud that the 'the service charge is not included'. For my opinion it is extremely unpolite to emphasize it, especially because we wanted to tip despite we were not satisfied with the service. After leaving the money on the table she started to explain to leave there more amount what was not written on the check. I asked her to bring the check with the new amount and so she started to push us out of the bar, shouting 'Ciao, ciao' to us. I went to the lady to the bar asking for the supervisor she told she doesn't speak English and she asked for the same waitress as she was the only (???) English speaker in this touristic place. Mona told me herself is the owner and it is time for us to leave.
We were extremely upset for the place do not recommend to none.

2 Thank Bara11
Washington DC, District of Columbia
“MUCH better than I thought it would be!”
Reviewed 10 December 2013

We ducked into this cafe just before the Westbahnhof metro station because we were tired and cold from walking and shopping from Stephansdom through Maria-Hilfe-Str. Did not have high expectations, and was wildly impressed. Everything we got was fantastic. The service was prompt, the food was delicious. My companion got a coffee and a chocolate truffle cake and said it was great. I got fries, fresh mint tea and pumpkin soup, and I think it's the best pumpkin soup I have ever had. Definitely worth the stop! Note that the back is a big smoking area, and if you have to use the bathroom it is through there and down the stairs, so you will have to pass through it. If you don't, though, you won't know - the smoke doesn't come into the front part.

Westport, Ireland
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Reasonable”
Reviewed 17 September 2013

The food and service was ok but not out of this world. I liked it more than I didn't like it! The waiter was very friendly!

Visited September 2013
East Lyme, CT
“Excellent Breakfast and Melange Coffee”
Reviewed 30 August 2013

This is one of my favorite restaurants in Vienna. I only had their breakfast, so I will write about that.
I don't remember the name, but I got a Mediterranean-style breakfast that included roasted eggplant, zucchini, peppers with eggs, mozzarella cheese, artichokes, olives, cucumbers and tomatoes. It was absolutely delicious.
I also got their Melange coffee which is basically espresso with foamy milk top and that was the best Melange I've ever had out of all the cafes I went to in Vienna. This "best Melange" may differ from person to person, but I found it to be great.

Highly recommend this cafe for breakfast.

• Visited July 2013