The Ritz-Carlton, Vienna
  • Pool
US$409
US$379
1,432 results
All reviewsrooftop barthe club loungeindoor poolconcierge deskfour seasonsmarble bathroomupgraded to a junior suitering roadluxury hotelbeautiful hotelperfect stayopera housechristmas markethotel restaurantmain attractionsdistriktcity
Reviewed 10 December 2013

Overall a lovely hotel with brilliant décor and rooms. Some specific thoughts:

breakfast - fantastic but equally priced
rooms - large and well equipped
coffee machine - appreciated but could do with milk in the fridge
roof terrace - shame this isn't open in winter with heaters, incredible view but closed after summer

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 6 December 2013 via mobile

The Ritz Carlton is centrally located within walking distance of most of Vienna's tourist attractions. The rooms are specious and extremely well equipped. The food is top class and the staff could not have been better. Conference rooms are good and have the necessary equipment. You will have a hard time finding anything to complain about. Keep up your excellent work.

Stayed: December 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 5 December 2013

It is a great location, service was superior, the hotel has been recently renovated, very comfortable, and cozy. The infinity pool was great, the water could be warmer but it was bearable. The concierge was very knowledgeable, and also recommended a great place to dine after the opera, we got the best table in the house as well..... I would definitely come back...

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 3 December 2013

The Ritz Carlton Vienna is located on the Vienna Ringstrasse, very close to Stadtpark and the Stadtpark station which is about a two minute walk.

Although not in the heart of the city, it is only a short walk to the Vienna Opera House, St. Stephen’s Cathedral or the Albertina.

I booked a room through a Ritz Carlton Stars Agent, which provides daily breakfast for two, a 4 PM late check-out, room upgrade, “VIP Status” and usually a welcome amenity.

Although not the cheapest place to stay, I figured it was worth it since I would be getting a free night at a Tier 1-3 property due to Ritz Calrton’s current promotion. After staying at the Ritz Carlton Phoenix, Ritz Carlton Los Angeles and the Ritz Carlton Berlin, I received the maximum 2 nights of the promotion.

Upon entering the hotel, the concierge desk is straight ahead.

You have to walk down a few steps to get to the front desk which is located on the left. My Ritz Carlton Diamond status was recognized along with all benefits, which is less than whad the maximum 2 nights of the promotion.

Upon entering the hotel, the concierge desk is straight ahead.

You have to walk down a few steps to get to the front desk which is located on the left. My Ritz Carlton Diamond status was recognized along with all benefits, which is less than what you would get at a Marriott property.

I was upgraded to a Junior Suite (€565), which may have been due to having Ritz Carlton Diamond status, booking through a Ritz Carlton Stars agent, or having contacted the hotel to let them know we were spending our anniversary there. It may have been a combination of all three.

Upon entering the room, there is a closet directly to the right. You must leave your key in the slot in order for the lights and air conditioner to work.

Along the hallway is the coffee maker.

The room then opens up into a “living room” with sofa, chairs and a desk. There is a TV above the desk.

The room is divided by a large wall that can access the bed on either side.

The king sized bed is very plush and comfortable. You almost “sink” into the bed and should easily get a good night’s sleep.

The bathroom is very large and has a separate tub and shower. The shower has both a rainfall shower head as well as a regular shower. The shower is large but can get slippery because of the marble floors.

There are two sinks with ample counter space and Asprey branded toiletries.

There is a large towel warmer for those that wish to use it. I found it odd that there was a clothes line in the room, something that I wouldn’t associate with the Ritz Carlton but it could come in handy if it was raining or snowing.

The toilet area is also large as there is a toilet and bidet.

The breakfast buffet (€32) is rather extensive and includes hot option such as scrambled eggs, bacon, sausage, beans and oatmeal. There is a wide variety of breads and pastries, along with cereal, yogurt, fruit, smoked meats, cheese, honey, salad and dessert. There are also a variety of juices, and still or sparkling water.

The staff and concierge are extremely friendly and helpful, and have great suggestions whether it is for sightseeing or restaurants.

This is a great hotel in an amazing city.

Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 30 November 2013 via mobile

Upon arrival, I was pleased to find a shiny, new Ritz Carlton in Vienna. The lobby was decorated for Christmas, a choir was singing carols and the chocolate buffet was enticing. Then I was shown to my room, a junior suite in the fifth floor and I was transported to....the Marriott???? The modular, formulaic furniture, the stainless and mesh-covered desk chair, the office lighting were all I have seen before at countless Marriott hotels I've stayed in for business or lack of selection. The room is stark and well, wooden. I would guess Naples, FL rather than the capital of Austria. The bathroom is lovely but the Asprey toiletries do not make up for the lack of creativity. Worse is the stained (?) sofa and stained bed throw (coffee, I think). Disappointed, I returned to lobby for glass of "champagne". After several attempts to drink what was offered, i. e., Austrian Sekt, I settled on the house red. There was an in-room Nespresso machine but no turn-down service. The next day, I had to wait for a breakfast table which was not cleaned until I asked the server to do so. Buffet selection was plentiful but unremarkable, like, for example, you would find at a Marriott. Not surprisingly, at this point, several attempts to call the spa for a treatment appointment went unanswered. Not much would be a letdown at this point, except the concierge - he sent me to a cheap tourist shop when I asked for a "very nice shop carrying ladies woolen scarves and accessories". I couldn't believe it when I actually arrived at the shop!

Ritz Carlton has a lot of work to do here to salvage its brand. It may be better if they just convert the hotel to a Marriott.

Stayed: November 2013, travelled solo