“Excellent”

The Ritz-Carlton, Vienna
Ranked #17 of 358 Hotels in Vienna
Reviewed 7 August 2014

The Ritz-Carlton vibe is very present in The RC Vienna. As my first stay at a RC hotel I left with an impression that will keep me coming back to Ritz-Carlton (or Marriott) hotels. The staff goes the extra mile to make you feel welcome.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled solo

Reviewed 7 August 2014

The room and bathroom are spacious with all the amenities you'd expect at a 5-star hotel. The hotel itself is also greatly situated in the center of Vienna. The staff is courteous and the hotel itself is clean. No complains, but no wow factor.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 5 August 2014

I stayed at the Ritz in Vienna for one night after attending funerals in Hungary. I was there with my adult daughter, and we like being in nice Marriott property hotels, though we are also fine with the basic Marriott property hotels. As long as there are no bugs, we manage!

This hotel was lovely. Ok, the room at the Ritz in Montreal was nicer, and the club level room we had in Vienna had a strange, almost sewage or humid air odor. It wasn't overwhelming, and not something worth complaining about for one night, but if we had stayed longer, I would have said something, and I have no doubt that it would have been dealt with.

Per normal, everyone we met at the hotel was very nice and pleasant to deal with, but one in particular stood out - Szilvia in the Club Level lounge. This woman was just a whirling dervish of joy and happiness, and there was nothing she wouldn't do for those that walked through the lounge's door. She made you feel as if you were the most important guest she had ever had the pleasure to serve, even though I know I am no one compared to the people she must see come through those doors. But she was this way with everyone - nice and pleasant and friendly. Honestly, she was the best thing about Vienna, because we certainly didn't find the people in the city to be friendly at all, but Szilvia, she was fantastic.

Her tips on where to go and what to do were spot on, and when I mentioned how amazing the humongous blackberries were that were out during dinner, she brought me some to take to my room, even though I didn't ask her to. She just knew it would be a nice gesture, and she did it. Truly the best part of any stay at a Ritz-Carlton was Szilvia in Vienna.

The doormen were also very pleasant, and greeted us with smiles and opened doors whenever we returned to the hotel from sightseeing. The shower's water pressure was fantastic, and the room was very nicely laid out. Also, service was very fast, as evidenced by my mentioning at Club lounge check out that I was going to need a taxi and help with luggage, and the luggage cart and porter were at my room before I even made it back to my room! Fastest service I have ever received!

I highly recommend a stay here, and if you find yourself on Club Level, I hope you meet Szilvia. Her smile will make any weary traveler feel better!

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 2 August 2014

I booked the Ritz through American Express platinum. I got upgraded to a bigger room without having to ask for it which is always great. The rooms were very big even to American standard and very clean. The staff is the most helpful staff that you can ask for. They were some reviews that this hotel is not in the center and it's not true at all. It's exactly 7 min walk to the center and the good thing is that you are a little away from all the noise. I couldn't be happier with my choice. Thank you again to American Express for recommending a great hotel with fine hotel and resort amenities.

Room Tip: We were on the 7th floor and our room was great.
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 30 July 2014

This was our first stay in the Ritz Carlton Vienna and it was perfect. My partner and I had just completed a 4 day cycle from Linz to Vienna and we were sweaty and dishevelled. Yet from the minute we stepped into the hotel we were made to feel special. The door men were friendly and the entire lobby staff were attentive and not once did they treat us any differently to any other guests in the hotel. The room was excellent, the facilities were fantastic. The location was close to all the main sites. This hotel is hard to fault. The guest relations team were also very helpful and provided an exceptional service for my partner and I. I wanted this experience to be memorable for her birthday and they certainly went out of their way to do that.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank 800Ryan
Reviewed 30 July 2014

Recently, I made arrangements for a VIP group to stay at the Ritz Carlton Vienna. This is a repeat client that requires a high level of attention, and the Ritz Carlton Vienna did an outstanding job meeting the group's unique needs. The hotel staff is superbly trained on the lost art of customer service. Every individual (from the hotel management, to the restaurant wait staff, to the front desk, to the doormen, to the concierge desk) went out of their way to provide warm, professional, personalized service. For example, the doormen remembered the names of each guest and greeted them upon their return to the hotel. In my opinion, service is the single most important aspect of any hotel experience, and the Ritz Carlton Vienna stands a the a step above the rest.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank BlossomJourneys
Reviewed 29 July 2014

Spent two nights at the start of a Tauck river cruise at this well located hotel close to main sites and sounds of Vienna. The hotel lobby staff very friendly and fluent in English seamless check in, Breakfast buffet was one of the best I've had . Rooms are luxurious and very comfortable. top marks all around.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family