“Great Hotel in Vienna”

Ranked #13 of 360 Hotels in Vienna
Detroit
“Great Hotel in Vienna”
Reviewed 11 August 2014

This is a very nice relatively new hotel conveniently located in a central location within walking distance from most main attractions. We stayed in a room with club lounge access. The club lounge at this hotel is excellent with perhaps the best staff we met at a hotel club so far. Szilvia stands out but special mentions to Christine, Simon and Mario are also warranted. All amenities of this hotel are top notch. The rooftop bar offers great service and very nice views of the city. Will definitely come back.

Room Tip: Club lounge access is definitely worth it.
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank dbocca

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (166)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
mumbai
Reviewed 11 August 2014

I had gone there with my family which also has a baby of 2 years old.

they were very helpful in providing the crib etc.

But their concierge was greatly lacking in local knowledge of places to eat. at one place we told them to book for us and on getting a confirmation we went there only to find out that there is no booking in our name!

the breakfast spread is also good here.

the pool people very helpful though it is a small indoor pool

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
Victoria, Canada
Reviewed 10 August 2014

Room quality was excellent. Service was good. Fitness Room and pool were good. Room service was good. Would choose this hotel again if in Vienna but never felt that pitter patter that I have when staying at some 5 Star Hotels.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
Seattle, Washington
Reviewed 8 August 2014

Easy 5 minute walk to the opera house and old town. 2 minute walk to the U station which is easy way to get around. From the moment we arrived staff welcomed us, whisked away our car and walked us to our room to explain the details. Breakfast was excellent.... anything made to order plus buffet came with the room. Very comfortable bed which is important to our travels. Rooftop bar was great. Our only complaint is our last evening in Vienna we walked back after dinner to enjoy a nightcap on the roof bar and it was closed for a private function. We were disappointed but found a little bar across the street. Highly recommend this hotel. Great staff. Very friendly and welcoming.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
Mill Valley, California
Reviewed 7 August 2014

The Ritz-Carlton vibe is very present in The RC Vienna. As my first stay at a RC hotel I left with an impression that will keep me coming back to Ritz-Carlton (or Marriott) hotels. The staff goes the extra mile to make you feel welcome.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled solo
California
Reviewed 7 August 2014

The room and bathroom are spacious with all the amenities you'd expect at a 5-star hotel. The hotel itself is also greatly situated in the center of Vienna. The staff is courteous and the hotel itself is clean. No complains, but no wow factor.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with family
Chicago
Reviewed 5 August 2014

I stayed at the Ritz in Vienna for one night after attending funerals in Hungary. I was there with my adult daughter, and we like being in nice Marriott property hotels, though we are also fine with the basic Marriott property hotels. As long as there are no bugs, we manage!

This hotel was lovely. Ok, the room at the Ritz in Montreal was nicer, and the club level room we had in Vienna had a strange, almost sewage or humid air odor. It wasn't overwhelming, and not something worth complaining about for one night, but if we had stayed longer, I would have said something, and I have no doubt that it would have been dealt with.

Per normal, everyone we met at the hotel was very nice and pleasant to deal with, but one in particular stood out - Szilvia in the Club Level lounge. This woman was just a whirling dervish of joy and happiness, and there was nothing she wouldn't do for those that walked through the lounge's door. She made you feel as if you were the most important guest she had ever had the pleasure to serve, even though I know I am no one compared to the people she must see come through those doors. But she was this way with everyone - nice and pleasant and friendly. Honestly, she was the best thing about Vienna, because we certainly didn't find the people in the city to be friendly at all, but Szilvia, she was fantastic.

Her tips on where to go and what to do were spot on, and when I mentioned how amazing the humongous blackberries were that were out during dinner, she brought me some to take to my room, even though I didn't ask her to. She just knew it would be a nice gesture, and she did it. Truly the best part of any stay at a Ritz-Carlton was Szilvia in Vienna.

The doormen were also very pleasant, and greeted us with smiles and opened doors whenever we returned to the hotel from sightseeing. The shower's water pressure was fantastic, and the room was very nicely laid out. Also, service was very fast, as evidenced by my mentioning at Club lounge check out that I was going to need a taxi and help with luggage, and the luggage cart and porter were at my room before I even made it back to my room! Fastest service I have ever received!

I highly recommend a stay here, and if you find yourself on Club Level, I hope you meet Szilvia. Her smile will make any weary traveler feel better!

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with family