“Vienna Walks & Talks with Dr.Brigitte Timmermann.”

Vienna Walks & Talks
Book In Advance
More Info
US$19.17*
and up
Vienna Historical Walking Tour: From Swastika to Red Star
Ranked #49 of 128 Tours in Vienna
More attraction details
Owner description: Vienna Walks & Talks is a family run company of certified travel agents and licensed tourist guides (equivalent to UK Blue Badge Guides) with years of experience of providing high standard travel and sightseeing services tailored to your specific requirements. Based in Vienna, we help you discover the highlights as well as the hidden treasures of Vienna and other parts of Austria in an unconventional and entertaining way (and away from the madding crowds) but also offer planning and arranging group travel abroad.
Reviewed 21 June 2014

Vienna tours and walks organizes daily tours on several subjects.On the web is the list of the tours, when do they take place and the meeting point. It costs 8 euro for students ,13 euro for vienna card holders and 15 euro for adults. the duration is about 2 hours.
We participated on the tour "Jewish Vienna in the Malelstorm of history"guided by Dr.Brigitte Timmermann. 18 people participated among them poeple from Israel , Germany , Austria and other nationalities
The tour was an intellectual pleasure thanks to the wide knowledge of Mrs. Timmermann who was well acquainted with the subject
Mrs. Timmermann guides tours on other subjects in Vienna tours and walks.

1  Thank Eddey

Reviewed 19 June 2014

Fascinating and Fun! Barbara was so passionate and interesting about showing us a side of Vienna I had not seen before. Really interesting about what goes on underground in this place!
We were 3 adults and 2 boys of 12 and 9 and everybody really loved it. Would highly recommend this tour.

1  Thank sarah e
Reviewed 5 May 2014

We were fortunate enough to have a tour with Dr. Brigitte Timmermann that best suited her specialization in history. Her insight to the works of art housed in the Belvedere museum and the Kunsthistorisches Museum was simply amazing. Even though audio guides are available for these places I seriously suggest arranging a tour with the good doctor because having her two cents and her academic background while viewing all the works of art and architecture gives you more insight than just the regular mundane background information. Walking through the exhibitions and buildings with her was a very entertaining learning experience.

She also specializes in a tour about a German film, however I’ll admit we were not familiar with the film she provides the tour for. I am familiar though with the movie, Before Sunrise, which was also shot in Vienna and she is also very much knowledgeable about the places where the movie was shot. I highly recommend booking a tour with the good doctor if you intend to look through the rich and colorful art history of Vienna.

1  Thank VivaManila
Reviewed 2 August 2013

The guide spoke German and English. The tour was extremely interesting even for visitors who are not Third Man buffs as everything is explained plus the post war background to Vienna.. The 2 hours flew past (4pm-6pm).There is a very nice twist to the tour at the end.

2  Thank Steve D
Reviewed 28 May 2013

Was I impressed! Christopher Timmerman did a great job explaining the unique sights of Vienna's underground from Under Michaelerplatz to several cellars and passages throughout old Vienna. His stories were informative, and captivating for all of us. He was able to answer all my questions, even some that weren't relative to the tour. I wish I had more time to take additional tours with him or the other guides. I would most definitely recommend Vienna Walks & Talks to my friends or family traveling to Vienna.

2  Thank ctocm_aw