“Great place”

Price range: US$14 - US$22
Cuisines: International
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Mariahilf
Description: The Mini is a perfect combination from Bistro, Restaurant, Wine Bar, Cocktail Bar, and Smooth Jazz Lounge. The friendly and elegant atmosphere you will be received by Hungarian hospitality and a touch of casual elegance, so whether you want to enjoy the internationally inspired Hungarian cuisine, the fine large wine selection or the perfect cocktail.Sandor Novak's vision is to enable use with a professional to enjoy all the senses, and so every night to provide a unique and excellent experience for every guest.
Reviewed 7 August 2014 via mobile

We went there after checking out the rewievs on Tripadvisor. The people who worked there were very polite and knew their food and wine. Under chef recomendations they also Recomended a wine. I ate the swordfish and it was asmazing. I recomend this highly!!

1  Thank Frank Johnny J

Reviewed 6 August 2014

It may not be in the middle of town, but it's certainly worth the walk if you value good food and service. The menu combinations are not your bog standard choice and the regularly changing specials menu comes complete with wine recommendations
too.
I can thoroughly recommend the bream with putanesca sauce and pak choi - not a combination I've come across before and very tasty.
Unfortunately, they share the courtyard with a betting shop/bar that did get a bit loud and rowdy, disturbing what was otherwise a nice atmosphere. I have been told though, that they're not always as loud. Saving grace: a large planting of trees in the centre for visual separation.

Reviewed 5 August 2014

I had read good reviews of Mini on Tripadvisor before I went, so my expectations were high to begin with. However, I think it's fair to say that Mini exceeded them. The food, drinks, service and ambiance were all delightful. We went on a Tuesday night, so I was expecting the restaurant to be quiet. However, it was booked out. I glad I made a reservation!

We were sat outside in the garden, which was perfect given the weather. Service was prompt, with a wide range of spritz aperitifs. To eat I had the foie gras and the duck. The foie gras was incredible. I'm generally a fan and it will be one of the first things I go for on a menu, but at mini the version had a whiskey sauce along with the usual sweet compotes. The combination worked and I'm tempted to go back if only for that starter.

The duck was served with a risotto, which was slightly richer than I normally like. However, that's just me being unnecessarily fussy.

Price wise, the meal was great value. For two people it came to about 130 euros for three courses for two people, with aperitifs and desert wines.

Highly recommend this restaurant. Will come back next time I'm in Vienna.

1  Thank Ray M
Reviewed 5 August 2014

Lovely restaurant with very doable menu and very accommodating of food allergies. Nice service, pretty space, decent prices. Don't hesitate.

Reviewed 5 August 2014

Front of house was most welcoming while the service was intimate without being in the slightest intrusive. In our family group of 5 (3 x generations with old teenagers) had the salmon, filet mignon, piglet shank, tenderloin strips, chicken supreme; all prepared and presented with finesse and originality and utterly sumptuous. The wines were taken on recommendation and were a fine complement to the food. Creme brulee and chile chocolate for desert rounded off a truly memorable meal. Alex and his partner should be congratulated for establishing such a magnificent restaurant in just over 2 years. I will travel out of my way in future when to take good friends out for a real treat. Outstanding value for money.

2  Thank Hangsi533