“Good music and burping tourists”

Vienna Mozart Concerts
Full-Day Private Tour to Vienna from Budapest
Ranked #140 of 586 things to do in Vienna
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 1-2 hours
Owner description: The Vienna Mozart Orchestra plays concerts with internationally renowned singers and soloists - all in magnificent historical costumes and wigs and creates a special atmosphere in Vienna's largest and most famous Concert halls, like State Opera and Musikverein. In the style of 'musical academies', as in Vienna concerts were known in Mozart's time, the audience enjoy single movements from symphonies and solo concertos, as well as operatic overtures, arias and duets from especially popular and well-known works. The Vienna Mozart Concerts even fulfil the wishes of the Stauss lovers by performing the most impressing pieces by the Strauss Dynasty, such as 'The Blue Danube Waltz' and 'The Radetzy March'. For sure you will enjoy the Vienna Mozart Orchestra and 'the best of Mozart and Strauss'!
Useful Information: Stairs / lift, Wheelchair access, Bathroom facilities, Activities for older children, Lockers / storage, Food available for purchase
Reviewed 3 July 2014 via mobile

The music was very good. The baritone had some projection problems but was a talented actor. One of the best performer in the show was the conductor. He got the audience involved in the music by helping us clap to it. The thing that made this an extremely negative experience for my family and I was the people behind us. As you read on the title the lady behind us was the belching tourist. In a gap of silence during the concert she let out a large burp. And her children throughout the entirety of the concert made rude noises with their mouths. My advice to people who want to go and enjoy their musical experience is to pay the extra euros and sit in the more expensive rows. That gets you away from obnoxious tourist and closer to good music.

There are newer reviews for Vienna Mozart Concerts

Reviewed 2 July 2014

We were there on 2nd June Monday and it was performed in the main concert hall. We had had limited exposure to Mozart before but the performance left us spellbound. The duration of about 2 and a half hours was just right. Accoustics were fantastic. Great atmosphere.
The conductor was awesome and got great audience participation in some parts of the performance.

1  Thank prasan68
Reviewed 1 July 2014

Definitely for tourists, but there is nothing wrong with that. The orchestra is a bit dramatic, dressed in costume and the concert is the perfect length. The acoustics in the hall are FANTASTIC. If you love music but are not necessarily very knowledgable, this is perfect for you. Gives you the best of Mozart and a wonderful feeling of being in Vienna. Also, they give you a free CD! Strongly recommend this!

Reviewed 26 June 2014

Seven family members (3 generations) loved this experience. I warned my daughter, a classically trained pianist, that this was designed for tourists. Fortunately, she agreed that this is exactly what we were – tourists!

The venue (Golden Hall) was gorgeous. The history was fascinating. The acoustics were excellent and the conductor and musicians in period dress gave a wonderful, energetic and engaged performance. The soloists were superb especially the soprano who sang a most difficult aria.

I bought our tickets months in advance online after considering the seating arrangement. This was my 5th trip to Vienna and I wanted my family to have a good view. I knew that tickets available on the street vary in quality and location. I knew that picking up our tickets early would avoid the line expected immediately before the performance

The audience was suitably dressed and respectful. Yes, people were taking pictures and video with cell phones, including my teenage grandchildren. I was thrilled that they enjoyed an evening of classical music, not the norm for American kids.

From my vantage point (1st row side balcony) I did not observe any rude behavior. People remained seated and interacted with the music when invited by the conductor. Yes, the tickets were pricey, but when 7 people travel to Europe, I did not intend to economize on music in Vienna.

Reviewed 24 June 2014

Ok - a bit touristy but still superb and gives you a great flavour for Vienna. It was my first experience with life classical music (although a great Mozart fan) and I was utterly captivated with the theatre and what was going on with the musicians and singers. Try and get the better seating near the front or in the balconies, big heads can be a nuisance nearer the back but still doesn't spoil a great experience. We ate at the super Konzert Café Schwarzenberg around the corner both before and after. Great food and wine