“Excellent Job of tying together modern comforts with the feel of a palace”

Palais Hansen Kempinski Vienna
Ranked #10 of 362 Hotels in Vienna
Tijuana, Mexico
“Excellent Job of tying together modern comforts with the feel of a palace”
Reviewed 20 September 2013

The best thing about the Palais Hansen Kempinski is that it is a beautiful building that makes you feel like 19th century royalty while having all the amenities and comforts of the 21st century. It is the best attempt, albeit not perfect, that I have seen at seamlessly integrating technology at a beautiful, high-end hotel (better than Wynn or Encore in Las Vegas for instance). I didn't expect this from the hotel, and it made my stay more exciting.
The doors, accesses and elevators all have sensor technology that work with a nearby pass or swipe of the key. The television in the room is large, something that most 5 star hotels tend to skimp on in my experience, and they manage to use the "smart tv" functions of the tv to include all of their pay per view. The rooms come with touch sensor technology that allow you to turn off all the lights, turn on the "do not disturb" icon or ask for maid service. They also come with an Ipad. The Ipad also allows you to order room service directly from it! The phone was a small cordless that had the directory programmed into it, and there were no shortcomings on anything else that I expected a good hotel to provide.
The spa is very nice and what you would expect from a 5 star hotel as well as the other common areas.
The service is very friendly and well-executed. Their concierge team has a can-do attitude and their staff, in general, is very helpful.
It is a 5 star hotel, with GREAT LOCATION on the Ring street, and I fully recommend it. I would like to stay there again after I try the Hotel Imperial Wien. Enjoy!

• Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Chich C

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (146)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Czech first
  • Indonesian first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Toledo, OH
Reviewed 18 September 2013

. . . . with the property and the staff and the amenities. All were amazing.

It was our first trip to Vienna (we usually do Paris or London). And my wife and I fell in love with this amazing city.

But the hotel? Absolutely perfect. We got a junior or executive suite of some kind. At midnight. After a long day of travel. And I told my wife it was among the nicest hotel rooms that I have ever seen.

The hotel itself is not in the center of town - it's on the ring strasse - which is actually more convenient. You can walk to the tram or the subway in about 2 minutes. Which puts you closer to the major attractions.

Details: Fantastic food. Super clean rooms and public areas. And my favorite: a totally computerized touch button shower. I haven't seen that in Las Vegas or anywhere else. The very neat green walls of plants in the main restaurant. I could go on and on . . . .

Because it was a perfect stay in a perfect hotel. It's new and just opened this year but they already have done everything right.

N.B. - If I were planning a business retreat or meeting in Europe (which I don't do but have done in the USA for my American company) this place would be on a very short list. I think it will become a hybrid luxury hotel with tourists but also a lot of meetings and groups using it.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
3 Thank Jonathan757
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed 17 September 2013 via mobile

We stayed 5 nights and used virtually every service. Everything was over the top good. From the second our door was opened with a "Gross Gott" to the second we left was superior. The breakfast was the best anywhere. Not cheap, but worth it. Dinner was good too. We had standard room that was huge. The bathroom was plush and modern. It took us two days to master. The concierge was very helpful and the whole staff was always attentive. Our spa services were great too. They have an iPad to control the tv and hotel services. Nothing is not thought of.

This is the best hotel we have ever stayed in. The vibe was great. The people were better. We want to go back. I should point out its an adult hotel we didn't see too many kids, and we liked that. Awesome!

Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Jim B
Prague, Czech Republic
Reviewed 11 September 2013

As expected, another great experience in KEMPINSKI. Beautifull rooms, small, but comfortable spa, professionall staff, very good located in the centre. We spent a nice time on 1st may and we really enjoyed. Hope will come back. Thank you for great time!

• Stayed May 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank Daniel035
Reviewed 11 September 2013 via mobile

Location is convenient
Staff are friendly and cooperative
Concierge is outstanding
Rooms are comfortable and spacious
Housekeeping could be better (room garbage bin was not emptied after previous guest when I arrived)
Breakfast was good but was the same for 6 nights stay!

• Stayed September 2013
2 Thank Miafaru
Mexico City, Mexico
Reviewed 11 September 2013 via mobile

We stayed for a couple of nights. Location can be any better. A walking distance to and from everything. Buffet was really great.
I would do this every time I can!!!
Everything is digital. You just push a bottom and that's it.

• Stayed September 2013
1 Thank R2ro55
Sao Paulo, SP
Reviewed 8 September 2013

The hotel is a comfortable place to spend your time. There is a excellent breakfast that is served in a pleasant place. The fitness area is nice. The pool is beautiful and relaxing. The staff is pretty attention. It was to do check in and the check out.

• Stayed July 2013