“Top Class Hotel”

Palais Hansen Kempinski
Ranked #10 of 361 Hotels in Vienna
Reviewed 17 April 2014

I stayed few days in Hotel on business occasion in April 2014. Hotel is located just 5 minutes walk from city center and easy to reach by car as well. Room was excellent including iPad that can replace all light controls and TV remote. Bathroom is very modern with electronic switches for water in shower and bath. you can choose your water temperature in digital display. Internet connection is good in all hotel. Especially I liked the terace on 1st floor and Fitness. I will come back again.

Room Tip: Ask for the room with city view.
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
2  Thank Tomaz1
There are newer reviews for Palais Hansen Kempinski

Reviewed 16 April 2014

i stayed here in a suite and loved the room it was big and airy and had all the bells and whistles but when i ordered food to the room i was shocked at how high the prices were for what you got like 15 euro for 3 little pancakes

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Nathan R
Reviewed 15 April 2014

The Palais Hansen offers a luxurious hotel stay with big, well-designed rooms (we stayed in a suite) equipped with modern furnishings. The lobby has a spacious, airy feel with an exposed glass-walled elevator that seems to fit in with the overall design. It's a comfortable place to hang out while enjoying a drink and a conversation while still enjoying a degree of privacy. The breakfast buffet is a standout. The staff are courteous and helpful and the hotel provides a good starting point for walking and exploring the city.

Room Tip: Request an outside-facing room. Some face an inner courtyard that isn't particularly enjoyable.
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank LakesiderToronto
Reviewed 15 April 2014 via mobile

The vienna kempinski stay was memorable for the whole family. We stayed in a deluxe room which added an extra bed free of charge for my son. The rooms are high tech controlled through IPad and touch buttons, placing this hotel in the best tech level I have seen.
The breakfast is excellent and the hotel staff are super friendly. My son received an invite to visit the hotel backstage services which was an experience he lived. The price is a bit up but the experience is worthwhile.

Stayed: April 2014
Reviewed 14 April 2014

We stayed in one of the smaller rooms of the hotel (i.e. not a suite), but still had more than enough space for 2 people. The hotel is obviously very luxurious and the room was nice and clean.
The location is good. It's a nice walk to the main sites, definitely not too far, but if you don't want to walk there is an underground very close to the hotel.

I do however have a few cons:
* Our room didn't get serviced on one of the days (which is not the end of the world, but at a 5 star place, this should not happen).
* The hotel is obviously more on the expensive side, which we don't mind paying if it's worth it, however both my husband and I feel the money could have been better spent else where. It felt like everything was just marked up excessively for the sake of being marked up (eg. bar drinks, water).

It is the type of hotel you would expect - a big 5 star chain. It's not that this was a bad hotel by any means, it is obviously lovely in many respects, but I wouldn't personally stay here again and would suggest to others that you could get better value, service, experience (and still at a top notch level) else where.

Room Tip: We stayed in a smaller rooms (i.e. not a suite) and it had ample room for 2 people.
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
3  Thank NatSouthAfrica
Markus L, General Manager at Palais Hansen Kempinski, responded to this reviewResponded 17 April 2014

Dear Sir or Madam,

thank you very much for your feedback and that you have taken the time to tell us about your experience at the Palais Hansen Kempinski Vienna. We really appreciate your comments.

First of all, I would like to apologize for the lack of service in your room for the one day. We always aim to keep our service standards high class. I will forward your comment to the respective department and we will definitely improve the service procedures.

Nevertheless, I would be more than happy to welcome you at the Palais Hansen Kempinski Vienna again to give us a second chance to prove our first class service.

Best regards,

Markus Lueck

Reviewed 12 April 2014

Yesterday, we visited the Bar at the Kempinski in Vienna and can only recommend it warmly. The staff is outstanding, friendly and professional, the menu is more than satisfying. My little dog was also warmly welcome. When leaving the bar at 01.30 am we took a stroll through the lobby and were immediately assisted by the night manager who showed us around the restaurant (of course closed at this time), the cigar lounge and even prepared an information folder for us. I never experienced such a professional service before! I can only congratulate the Management for their staff, the impeccable service and will of course come back soon. I stayed at Kempinski hotels before (Dubai, Kitzbuhel, London) and was always thrilled by the service provided. A great company with excellent people!

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 11 April 2014

I stayed at Palais Hansen on Feb 2014. I was with my family and I got a nice triple suite. The hotel is new and very modern. The location is perfect, you can do everything walking. The higher point was the breakfast - full of diferent options, fresh, gluten and lac free products. No complaints about this hotel

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family