“a beautiful experience”

Palais Hansen Kempinski
Ranked #10 of 361 Hotels in Vienna
Reviewed 18 June 2014

Sometimes a room is so beautiful that you keep noticing the small details and find pleasure in its thoughtful design.That was the experience of the Palais Hansen. The large and well executed design of the bathrooms, the capsule coffee maker, the Ipad at the beside, the high ceilings, the lobby with beautiful books. All in all, the experience at the Kempinski was a delight and the service staff was very helpful.

There are newer reviews for Palais Hansen Kempinski

Reviewed 17 June 2014

Hotel Kempinski is great hotel.
Very good breakfast, on sunday morning an extra croissant is being served at your table.
Every morning you get a little shot of fruitjuice served with you coffee or tea of choice.
Nice room, with great bathroom, rainshower.
Very good cocktails in the bar.
Spacious beautiful lobby with the possibily of enjoying a High Tea.
A great overall experience.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 12 June 2014

What an amazing experience this stay has turned out to be! The suite was spectacular. The space! The luxury! We had a 3 night stay at the hotel which was beyond comfortable. The service was brilliant. The hotel staff helped in every way - big and small. We needed an orthodontist on an emergency which happened with my child's braces and the hotel receptionists were more than helpful. They located a fantastic dentist within walking distance from the hotel, made the appointment and followed up at the end of they day with us on how the treatment went. They also recommended wonderful restaurants and helped us with reservations. The waitresses at the hotel restaurant were also most helpful. On our second night, we were in a rush for dinner before a concert, and they brought the food out ever so quickly. No task, no request, was too big or small.

Breakfast was amazing! The quality and variety are second to none! It was like breakfast heaven! Again, the service was first class! Every one of the staff was most helpful to all who were there.

The rooms are superbly clean. The turn down service in the evening refreshed all towels used, if any. Everything was spick and span.

The location of the hotel was good. It is a 2 minute walk to the subway and tram station and a little less than a 10 minute leisurely walk to Petersplat nd/or Stephensplatz. Being close to the subway/tram was very helpful.

Our maiden visits to Austria has been made so wonderful and so memorable because of the Kempinski.

For the different places we have visited, and the different hotels we have stayed, this has become our favourite! Thank you, Kempinski, for making the trip to Vienna so very special!

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Flyn1170
Reviewed 10 June 2014

What can we say about this most wonderful hotel. The surroundings are exquisite, the staff are so helpful they totally go beyond their job remit. You must try the breakfast, which although a little pricey is worth every Euro. It even includes pink champagne. The housekeeping team were first class taking care of every request made regarding our room. I cannot wait to return, but it may not be until our anniversary next year!

Room Tip: we stayed in a junior suite which was amazing however the hotel is of such a high standard I cannot...
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Geoffrey55
Reviewed 9 June 2014

My wife and I spent three nights here in early June. The hotel is a beautiful, contemporary gem. Our suite featured large windows and well-placed mirrors, adding to the feeling of light, airy space. Best of all is the staff: everyone was exceptionally polite and friendly. Best of all was Daniel Wukovits, the Head Concierge, who handled our multiple requests with ease. I was so impressed, I gave him a TripAdvisor Excellent Service Award!

Both restaurants are wonderful (Edvard reviewed elsewhere) and room service was prompt and the food well prepared. This hotel compares favorably with the best in any large European or US city. I highly recommend it.

Room Tip: Try to get a room at the back. Very quiet
Reviewed 9 June 2014

I absolutely loved this hotel and my only complaint would be that I was not able to stay longer as it was wonderful. The staff are extremely helpful and knowlegable, the location is a short walk to many of the sights, loads of restaurants are nearby, my room was very comfortable and came with free wifi – a rarity in many 5 star hotels in Europe – , the breakfast was good and the overall experience was exceptional. I have never been to Vienna before and the staff at this hotel made me feel very welcome.

I would most certainly stay at this hotel again and recommend it to anyone.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Craig F
Reviewed 8 June 2014

The hotel is at the Northern part of the ring around the center of Vienna. It takes 10-15 minutes to walk to the Stephansplatz, so if you want to stay in the extreme center, then this isn't the hotel for you. We didn't mind as we enjoyed the walks through Vienna - and the proximity to the U-bahn station that made it easy to go to all of Vienna. I liked the quietness of the location and slept very well without being disturbed - better than I usually sleep at hotels; the bed was also very much to my taste.

We stayed in a deluxe room. It was spacious and had a nice and quiet style. The controls of everything from lights to AC were high-tech, but I felt that they were intuitive - easier to use than similar controls in other places. The bathroom is large and well laid out.

The lobby area felt relaxed and there were usually quite many patrons sitting there. The spa, pool and gym were also in good shape.

The breakfast was very, very good: Fresh fruits, fresh juice, home-made marmalade etc. It obviously took quite a lot of work to keep it in shape at all times, but I felt that the staff did a very good job, so in spite of us coming for breakfast at very different times, the breakfast always felt fresh. It is served in the same - very nice - dining room that later during the day is used by the restaurant Die Küche. We ate there a couple of times and were generally very satisfied with the food. The service was impeccable at all times.

All in all, this is one of the best hotels I've stayed at, probably THE best. Kudos to the staff for making our stay so good!

Room Tip: Rooms facing the back street have sun in the morning and I think that they are quieter than rooms fa...
2  Thank Gunnar314