Services /facilities provided by IBIS Vienna were excellent. The staff was also very cooperative & we enjoyed our stay at the hotel quite a lot. However, an incident after checking out of the hotel is what really was a dampener. On 17th July, my wife & I, both above 60 years checked out at 12 noon local time.We were walking on the footpath to catch the underground from Pilgrimage station which is about 500 meters from IBIS hotel. Few steps short of the underground, a young person claiming to be from Greece approached and asked for directions.In the mean time at the same spot two more men also appeared suddenly claiming to be policemen in plain clothes & asked us in an intimidating manner, as to what were we talking about. I mentioned that the young man was asking for directions. Both men appeared to be Europeans, were of good physique and height approximately 5 feet and 8 Inches. While we were already taken aback by the sudden tactics of these 2 men, they further insisted on showing them the money which we were carrying. They first asked the young <supposedly Greek> man, who had asked us for directions. They let that young man go after looking in his wallet as he was carrying very little money.Then they asked me and my wife to show our wallets.We both being tourists and also being unaware of local laws showed our wallet wherein I was carrying 450 British Pounds and a few Euros.One person picked the bunch of notes and asked was that the only money I was carrying and appeared to put the entire bunch back. He further said to immediately close the wallet and put it back in the pocket. He also advised not to talk to any strangers since that particular area was crime prone.Since we were in a hurry to catch the flight,it was only on reaching home that we realised that they had somehow managed to remove 300 GBP out of that bunch.
Hence writing the review so that other travelers should be aware about the scam & tactics being used by these thieves around this area. Travel safe.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Let's roll! The ibis Wien City hotel is conveniently located between 2 subway stations. The city center, main train station, Schönbrunn Palace, Naschmarkt and the Theater an der Wien are within easy reach, as well as many other destinations in the city on the Danube. Ideal for city breaks, as well as for business trips and conferences. Park your car in the hotel garage for a fee. All 94 rooms at the reasonably priced City hotel in Vienna are contemporary and comfortable, with free WIFI. Mr Guenter SEMLER, the manager of the ibis Wien City hotel, would like to welcome you. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Odigeo, Hotels.com, Ebookers, ACCOR, Traveltool, S.L.U., TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Ibis Wien City reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Ibis Wien Schoenbrunnerstrasse Hotel Vienna
- Ibis Hotel Vienna
- Ibis Hotel Wien Schoenbrunnerstrasse