“Excellent”

Ibis Styles Wien City
Ranked #59 of 359 Hotels in Vienna
Reviewed 7 July 2014

High price/quality ratio. Big and clean rooms, good breakfast (included in total price), fast WLAN, near u-bahn & trams. New, modern design. Not far from center of Vienna. Highly recommended for everybody

• Stayed: July 2014
Cornelia K, Manager at Ibis Styles Wien City, responded to this reviewResponded 8 July 2014

Dear ASusanin,
thank you very much for your stay in our house and your wonderful feedback. It makes me and the whole team very proud, that everything was up to your satisfaction.
We are very happy that you enjoyed your time in vienna and in our hotel and hope to welcome you again very soon. Please do not hesitate to contact us if we can be of assistance.
Kind regards from vienna

Reviewed 7 July 2014

I was in this hotel several times and really liked it. For me it was convenient and with the wall-to-wall carpet it felt little bit like home.
Service is good, breakfast is also nice.
Problem with the parking on the street or in the hotel, because of limited number of parking spots. But P+R is nearby.
Good public transportation and City Bike connection. Also the Brigittenauer Swimhall is nearhere.
-No fitness inside the hotel.

Room Tip: I already tried several rooms and I found all of them nice with view to one of the streets. I would...
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Cornelia K, Manager at Ibis Styles Wien City, responded to this reviewResponded 18 July 2014

Dear Tamas,
thank you very much for your great review!
I hope to welcome you in our hotel again very soon and send you
kind regards and Servus from vienna

Reviewed 1 July 2014

Like most people I've stayed in all sorts of hotels all over the world, I recently stayed here and was pleasantly surprised to be upgraded to a very nice room on the top floor (8th) with fantastically large automatic windows with a great view of the town, very nice bathroom and strong signal and free Wi-Fi. The only thing that the room missed for me was a mini bar or even just a welcome bottle of water, but apart from that it was very comfortable and airy. Downstairs in the lobby there's a rest area with free water and coffee and a pc with printer which came in very handy and a vending machine for drinks and snacks for taking to your room. I was there during the weekend so the breakfast was from 06.30 for early risers and officially until 11.00 for late risers like myself, but they'd already cleared away all the breakfast things by 10.30 so luckily I was a bit earlier. The breakfast I must admit was quite disappointing as there was nothing warm at all, not even a hard boiled egg, just cold meats, cheeses, yogurts are various types of breads. I think that for this standard and price of hotel they should make a better effort with the breakfast selection even if it's just a few eggs and some rashers of bacon, apart from that I was very satisfied.

Room Tip: Try to get a room on the top (8th floor).
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled solo

Dear AmstelWillem,
many thanks for taking the time to leave your very intersting and also helpfull feedback following your recent stay at Ibis Styles Wien City.
I am very happy to hear about your comfortable room with the great view of the town. Unfortunately we do not have minifridges in our rooms. Instead of that we have an vending machine with cold drinks and snacks in our hotellobby. Also in our welcome Lounge we offer free coffee, tea and water. Your own belongings are possible to store at the front desk fridge. Thank you very much that you were generelly satisfied with our breakfast .Normally our breakfasttimes are Monday - Saturday 6.30 - 10.00h and Sunday 07:00 - 11.00h and during that time, we also have boiled eggs. I am so sorry, if something was missing, but i will speak again with our breakfast team, so that all breakfast goods are available during the whole breakfast time.
I hope to welcome you again in our house. Please do not hesitate to contact us if we can be of assistance.
Best regards from vienna

Reviewed 25 June 2014

I stayed here 2 night at room 117. The room was perfect, brand new (as the hotel), and facing Doeblingerhauptstrasse, and the tram station.
That was the only disadvantage - I'm an Accor gold member, and I did expect to get a room in a higher floor, without hearing the noise outside.

Apart from that, the check in was very smiley and lovely, and everything looked wonderful. You can have coffee and tea 24/7 downstairs at the lobby.

The breakfast was also very good, with a variety of breads and yogurts and cheese. They could refill it faster, though,

The location is just near tram 37 & 38, and U-Bahn 6. As this wasn't my 1st time in Vienna, I know this area very well, and I even walked to the Ring from there (30 minutes), but to someone new to the city, especially if you don't have many days, I'd choose something closer to the city center and main attractions.

If you're hungry, you should go to Chinese restaurant Sun at Döblinger Haupstr. 90, which serve free buffet for only 8.9 Euro (10 minutes walk, turn right when you exit the hotel)

Room Tip: I'd ask for a higher floor room
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank Nimrod-W

Dear Nimrod,
thank you very much for taking the time to write a review on tripadvisor.
I am very glad you enjoyed your visit and also i thank you for your open words.
I am truly sorry, that you got a room in the first floor. Please do not hesitate the next time, to ask directly at reservation or at the check in for a room in a higher floor, so that we can reserve already your prefered situated room.
Thank you also for your restaurant tipp. We are always happy to get also feedback for our sourrounding area, so that we have the best suggestions for our guests.
It would be a pleasure for me, to welcome you again in our house and send you my best wishes to Israel.
Best regards and Servus from Vienna

Reviewed 24 June 2014

The hotel has a great design!
Excellent politeness and quietness of the rooms. Hearty breakfast quality. Also good location and play area for children. The wirless signal in the rooms is strong and fast. I'll be back without a doubt.
Best!

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Dear lillo63,
grazie mille for your great review!
It makes me very happy, that you enjoyed our hotel and your stay in our beautiful city and that you will be back without a doubt! Thank you very much!
Hope to welcome you soon in our house
Best regards and Servus from vienna

Reviewed 19 June 2014

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com
Cornelia K, Manager at Ibis Styles Wien City, responded to this reviewResponded 24 June 2014

Reviewed 17 June 2014

The hotel is rather new from what I understood, it was open with a few months before my stay there. I went there to spend the New Year's Eve. The room that I had was not really big but all the necessary things were in it. Basically I was a bit surprised knowing the comfort from Ibis hotels. If you're not a person that loves or needs to stay mostly in the room, but just need a bed to sleep after a full visiting day, than you might be pleased with this. It is close by the metro and by the tram that can get you mostly everywhere without too much effort.
The hotel looks nice, inside and outside, is very clean, modern and gives you the impression like they try to use any square centimetre that they have. In the morning, at breakfast, you'd better wake up early if you don't want to eat sitting on a stair or just standing due to the impossibility of hosting too many people.
On the other hand, the internet connection was awful. If you're a person that needs the internet for your work or simply for browsing than you should think twice or check with the hotel whether the connection is improved. The server was most of the times freezing and our connection was stopped or I just could not login with the provided password and user. For me was just a stress every time to complain or to ask them to restart the server. The personal was very kind but however they could not fix the internet problem or make it better.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear AnaMaria,
thank you very much for taking the time to write a review of your experience with us.
I was very pleased to learn, that you were overall satisfied with our hotel and helpful staff. Also i want to thank you for your feedback refering the room, breakfast and Internet. This helps us to improve ourselves and the service for our future guests.

I do hope that you had a good start into the year 2014 and hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you again in our house!
Best regards from vienna