Lowest prices for your stay
US$83
Booking.comUS$83
Hotels.comUS$83
PricelineUS$83
1,613 results
All reviews nice hotel the breakfast area metro station convenient location yogurt city wien cheese europe
Selected filters
Reviewed 30 August 2016 via mobile

We recently stayed there for 3 days on our trip to Vienna. The hotel is located at a walking distance of 10 min from U bahn and the tram station is right in front from where you can reach the city centre in no time. Very conveniently located, the building looks modern.
Check in was quick and the reception staff was pleasant and helpful. They very gladly guided us as to how to go about visiting the city. The room was small but very bright. AC worked well but didn't find the bed very comfortable. The pillows were too thick and mattress too soft. Free Wi-Fi worked well too. No slippers but basic toiletries provided. No kettle in the room however free tea/coffee is available in the lobby whole day which is done up nicely and is a great place to enjoy a cup of coffee or hot chocolate.
Room has a 'safe' but no cupboards as such, just a few hangers. Housekeeping was okay but often came very late in the day to clean the room. Huge glass window behind the bed which gave a good view of the city and when required, the blinds shut out the lights completely.
Breakfast was a good spread with varieties of breads, cereals, fruits, yogurts, juices, cheeses, cold cuts of meat, eggs, cakes and tea/coffee. The food never ran out and was continuously replenished.

The only drawback for me was that the shower had a glass door which gave no privacy to the user. It is somewhat very inconvenient if one is not with one's spouse and instead is with a friend. We needed a print out of a ticket and the staff gladly helped and did the needful. Check out too was breezy. All in all, great value for money and a nice hotel in a good locality.

Trip type: Travelled with friends
1  Thank Anitaa_Yadav
Reviewed 30 August 2016

I don't like giving bad evaluations but now I have to. First, the infrastructure of the hotel is very good, nice and modern rooms with good public transportation (although it's not in the city centre).
The problems started during check-in. I booked two rooms for four people - obviously under the same name. The ladies in the front office said there can't be two rooms with the same name. So I had to make my old parents to get their ID and undersign the check in documents because I can't. This is ridiculous – what if two Mr. John Smith check in the hotel??

The second - even more ridiculous problem was that I needed an iron for my shirt. As there was no iron in the room I went down to the front office and asked for one. The lady said that there was an iron but she couldn't give me a board. She said I could iron in the table! I guess the burned table would have been my responsibility... I ironed on towels squatting next to the bed...

The third - I'm a silver member, thus after check in I'm entitled for a free welcome drink in the bar. In Accor hotels the number of welcome drinks always corresponds to the number of guests. I got a voucher only for one person, although I booked two rooms for four people! It was really embarrassing when we went to the bar.

So, if you choose this hotel just to sleep there, I recommend it. Otherwise look for something else.

• Trip type: Travelled with family
Cornelia K, Manager at ibis Styles Wien City Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 1 September 2016

Dear Satc0,
thank you very much for staying with us and your feedback.
I am very sorry that not everything was up to your satisfaction. I am very sorry also for the conversation with our front desk team regarding "the iron affair" - unfortunately all iron boards were in guest rooms and so we could just offer an iron. I give you completely right, that the conversation with our front desk clerk was not very good and a little bit clumsy. Just a better explanation from her would be the better way.
Referring the registration, I have to inform you, that I understand that it is no a comfortable situation that your "old" parents also had to register, but unfortunately it is required that each room has to be registered. In that situation I suggest, that you fill in for your parents and your parents just sign. Especially in case of similar names, the whole registration is very important, so that there is no mistaken identify which is for your own safety.
It is correct that normally welcome drinks are just for our Le Club members, but most of the time we make an exeption.
I am very happy, that you had a very good sleep in our house and that you recommend us.
It would be a pleasure for me to talk about all explained points directly with you and I am always at your disposal.
Kind regards and hopefully see you soon!
Cornelia Köller
Resident Manager

Reviewed 27 August 2016

Stayed here for 2 nights when visiting Vienna with children.Family room was a really good size with efficient air conditioning.We also had a balcony which was lovely. Hotel is slightly out of centre but the tram stops right outside the hotel and is a quick and easy way to access the centre.The U bahn also stops very close to the hotel for ease of access to Vienna.
Definitely a good choice for families. Free tea and coffee in foyer all day plus a water tap were a nice touch.Breakfast was a bit manic and limited but all in all a place I would highly recommend particularly as staff were also helpful.

Room tip: Ask for a balcony room
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 14 August 2016

We went there as couples. The hotel is pretty close to central Vienna and is pet friendly. The hotel staff was prompt and the price of the room (including breakfast buffet) was reasonably priced. The room was clean and the breakfast buffet was OK.

The biggest downside was the lack of parking and having to walk a bit to get a nearby car parking spot to park for one day.

Overall: 4 Stars

• Trip type: Travelled as a couple
3  Thank ozjamesq8
Cornelia K, Leiter Front Office at ibis Styles Wien City Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 25 August 2016

Dear J G,

thank you very much for taking the time to write a review of your experience with us.
I am delighted that you found our service excelent, that you enjoyed our good breakfast and that you were satisfied with the general condition of our hotel.
I hope that we will have the pleasure of looking after you on a future visit soon!

Best regards from Vienna,

Gyöngyi Karasz & Ibis Styles Team

Reviewed 12 August 2016

Ibis Styles Wien City is a very nice hotel, interior design looks very good. Rooms and bathrooms are clean, service is friendly, good breakfast. Hotel is not in the city center but very easy accessible, so highly recommended.

Date of stay: August 2016
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Cornelia K, Leiter Front Office at ibis Styles Wien City Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 24 August 2016

Dear AniaLichanow,

Thank you very much for choosing our Ibis Styles Wien City and your review about your stay with us.
I am so pleased that your overall stay was so enjoyable and I do hope that we will have the pleasure of welcoming you back on a visit to our wonderful city.

Best regards from Vienna,