“Wonderful hotel - friendly, great value and well located”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Hollmann Beletage

Hollmann Beletage
Ranked #6 of 362 Hotels in Vienna
Sydney, Australia
“Wonderful hotel - friendly, great value and well located”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 February 2013

Thank you Hollmann Bellage. All staff members were very attentive, friendly, smiling and helpful. The hotel had a very cozy, warm and welcoming feel. We felt at home and welcomed. Loved the hotel the location... in a non assuming but convenient part of the old city. It was so easy to get to everything. You helped make our first trip to beautiful Vienna even more amazing. Well done and keep up the great work.

• Stayed February 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Seetheworld8_13

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (111)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Hebrew first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Bad Zurzach, Switzerland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 February 2013

I had absolutely incredible time with my two sons then I travelled to Vienna and stayed in this remarkable hotel in December 2012! Surrounded by the historic buildings of Vienna's inner city, the Hollmann Beletage is a small boutique hotel offering modern convenience and elegance in an exceptionally central location!!! Everything sparkled there including smiling staff who was working there and the cleanliness of the hotel. Fantastic location, excellent service and the best room I have ever had! It was a huge, very posh, hight selling, beautiful queen's size bed with lots of soft cushions, fantastic bath and spa room and a useful kitchen!!! We didn't really use the kitchen, but it was nice to have a coffee in the room when we want it without needing to go out. We had a breakfast in our room. Two beautiful ladies, wearing national austrian dresses, brought it to us. We could choose everything we want. Everything was very fresh and testy and it was more than enough. I felt like a queen there! We could also use an ipad which was very useful for my boys and myself. I will highly recommend this hotel and the Luxury Suite! Many thanks for making my sons and me feel like royalty! Anya Switzerland

• Stayed December 2012, travelled with family
2 Thank Anya F
Melbourne
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 January 2013

Our family of 5 stayed here for 3 days over Christmas 2012 based on TA reviews. It was everything stated and more and certainly our favourite hotel on our 1 month European vacation. Andrea at Reception was the friendliest and nicest receptionist we have ever encountered.

The hotel itself is funky, fun, comfortable and we loved it. We had 2 rooms which were both spacious and extremely well fitted out. The afternoon tea/snack each afternoon was delightful, the games room fun and the breakfast great.

If you're planning a trip to Vienna - stay here - it's fantastic!

Thank you Hollmann Beletage - if we ever return to Vienna, we'll certainly be back.

• Stayed December 2012, travelled with family
4 Thank Melb5
Basel, Switzerland
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 January 2013

POSITIVE:
- Nice design
- Very nice staff
- Individually prepared breakfast, delicious egg dishes
- Perfect location

NEGATIVE:

- In my room (21) there was an incredibly annoyning noise all day long from the service elevator (tak tak tak tak tak). I woke up from it in the mornings. I complained a few times, but no kind of compensation offered.

- I was promised several days that the hotel director would email me terms for a special rate, since I considered moving into the hotel for up to 6 months a year. No such email arrived, so I checked out in frustration and found another hotel.

- Not flexible: I'm on a new diet without breakfast, but they would not offer me a rate that takes this into account. I would have to continue to pay breakfast with the all-inclusive rate without actually making use of it. Most hotels let you choose whether you want the breakfast or not.

Except for these negative points, this boutique hotel would qualify for a 5 star rating. But these things left me quite angry.

• Stayed January 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank dgor82
PALP, General Manager at Hollmann Beletage, responded to this review, 4 February 2013
Dear Daniel,
sorry we didn't live up to your expectations. Since I've met you in person let me ask you: why are you on a diet? ;) I hope you enjoyed the workout we recommended for you.
Regarding your comments: I am glad to hear about our great staff, our delicious breakfast and our nice interior design - which you obviously liked, otherwise you wouldn't have requested special rates - on site - for a 3-4 month stay for this coming year.
The elevator will be serviced immediately and until then our staff members are being advised to use our other elevators and stairs in the morning. Thank you for letting us know.
Indeed we are different than other hotels: "Most hotels let you choose whether you want the breakfast or not." We do leave you with choices, but our choice is not "to have or not to have" it is rather to have an "egg florentine", or "hot chocolate cake in a cup", "poached egg with black nuts and alpine cheese cream", "beef stock with cheese dumplings", "spinach-goat chees quiche", "carinthian eggs with potatoes, bacon, cheese and onions", "waffle on a stick" etc... so these are the choices you will get. And since breakfast is a mandatory part of our experience (and the most important meal of the day ;)) we do not sell rooms without breakfast. Indeed we are different. And we are proud of it.
Concerning your long-stay request for a period of 3-4months I already told you in person that we can hardly match your budget requirements, since our lowest rate is still 50% over your expectations and we are already fully booked for a whole lot of dates in 2013. Again, I thank you for having thought about dedicating so much of your valuable time to stays in Hollmann Beletage, but please understand our point of view.
Hope to see you sometime in the near future,

Philipp Patzel, GM
Ontario, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 January 2013

The hotel was little hard to find with GPS leading us there to the blind road behind with not big enough sign outdoors one can easily miss it.
Entrance is like what ever old town house use elevator to get to the lobby..
Parking is little drive around block-they gave us map at lobby..you got to ask the key at lobby to get to the parking first.Down point is its locked during night so you wont be able to get your car till the morning.We were there just for short one night trip so it didn't matter.
Matrass is harder then usual but it was ok .Room is nice clean the washroom is the best part of it Breakfast was disapointment for me.It was tasty but they forgot to bring my order-scrambled eggs,there were only few people at time so after half an hour-my bf and every one else there who came after finished their plates l had to remind my order.(l don't speak German but there was some tention between cook and waitress it sounded like he was giving her hard time).then they made it really fast l have to admit :) but till then l could eat double portion lol starving..
stuff was friendly -most l liked is that they wrote personal greetings in front of our (each) room on chalk board
Best about place is location very close to St Stephan's cathedral its clean its spacious

• Stayed January 2013, travelled as a couple
London
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 January 2013

Stayed here with family for a weekend during September 2012. We booked two rooms - one XL and one L, right next to each other. We paid around 800 euros in total.

Location
Brilliant, less than 10 minutes away from St Stephen's cathedral, and also directly opposite a little supermarket.

Rooms
They are pretty much as they appear on the website - high ceilings, flush doors to hide everything, and generally quite clean and modern. The bathrooms come with little Pez sweet dispensers, which is a fun touch, but I'd have preferred a little more counter space..!

The XL room came with a double/twin bed and a sofa bed, while the L just a bed.

The hotel offers snacks and drinks in the late afternoon, in a little nook - very nice, although I get the feeling most people don't take it up, given the relatively small amounts of food and drink placed out.

Breakfast was great, and served in a friendly room just off the main living area. We noticed, though, that with a little rush of guests, the breakfast staff got a little flustered - they could make things much easier for themselves by placing a lot of items out as a buffet (e.g. Juice, water...) rather than bringing to your table, which is obviously nicer, but time consuming.

Overall, we had a great time here - it's extremely relaxed and the staff are very friendly, and for the money, I think it's quite good value. Would go back.

• Stayed September 2012, travelled with family
3 Thank EuroLondon
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 January 2013 via mobile

Very interesting place, key defenition - "feel-at-home". Personnel extremely pleasant and friendly. Very difficult to find a hotel's parking, you'll get a personal guide if you'll ask about help. Only one small problem - bed is very "soundly", you know... ;)

• Stayed January 2013