“Best breakfast ever!”
Review of Hollmann Beletage

Hollmann Beletage
Ranked #3 of 358 Hotels in Vienna
Reviewed 29 July 2013

This is a fantastic boutique-style hotel located very centrally in Vienna, with all the main attractions nearby or easily accessible by the metro. When I first checked in, the room I was given was a little small for my liking, but Alex at the front desk was quick to move me to a bigger room when I made mention of it, and without any fuss. The hotel rooms are modern with iPhone docks and other nice amenities. The bed is comfortable but I found their pillows a little soft (I always bring my own pillow when I travel for this reason). The room was nice and quiet too, ensuring a good night's sleep.

If there was to be only one reason to stay here, it's for the included breakfast. This has got to be the most amazing included breakfast I have EVER had in a hotel, and I've done some travelling. The service in the restaurant was fantastic and personalised, and the food they offer is simply spectacular!

The front desk staff were also very helpful and accommodating with virtually any request. My only concern is that the front desk is not available 24 hours a day (they go home at 9pm). If you lose your key you have to call a number to get back in to your room. That's the only negative thing about this hotel; everything else was fantastic.

I highly recommend this hotel and I would like to thank Alex and the rest of the staff at the front desk and also those in the restaurant for the excellent service I received during my three-night visit.

Room Tip: Request a larger room when you book.
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank Mike R

Reviewed 28 July 2013

The staff are friendly and helpful. We had an XL room which was spacious with a very comfortable bed. The bath in the room looked great but was not easy to climb into/out of to shower. The lounge area was not very comfortable & there are no bar facilities. The front desk was unattended after 8.30pm so no staff were available to help you.The location made getting around Vienna easy & there were many good restaurants nearby.The breakfast was tasty but too slow with lots of orders forgotten. Some mornings we had to ask three times for our food. The snacks provided in the afternoon was a great idea unfortunately we went just after some very hungry & thirsty guests & nothing was available.

1  Thank oscarq
Reviewed 26 July 2013

We stayed here with our two teenagers and thought it was great. The family suite was large. It's very close to all the major city center sights. They have chefs cooking made to order breakfasts and a tiny theater where they show movies along with fresh popcorn every night. Vienna itself was beautiful and a real treat.

Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Greg G
Reviewed 26 July 2013

it is in a great location, clean, friendly staff, great design and unique atmosphere. I have been into many boutique hotels and this is one that exceeds my expectations. the breakfast was indeed unique,personal and very articulate-great morning environment,peaceful.

the staff is friendly , the hotel clean and peaceful

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank 210,104
Reviewed 20 July 2013

We have just returned from a 3 night stay at this lovely hotel.

The room was clean and very comfortable, although ours did look straight out onto the garden area (room 17) so you need to ensure the blinds are closed!! The staff are exceptional, particularly those that work in the kitchen at breakfast ... you could not ask for more friendly and helpful staff ...Oliver had such a welcome for you each morning, a lovely guy. The food was great too; a different choice every morning. There are complimentary beers and snacks every afternoon but if you don't get back early enough it may have all gone!

Great hotel, great staff and great location!

Reviewed 12 July 2013

We just returned from Vienna, where we allotted just one night to Hollmann Beletage. What a mistake--I wish we'd stayed here for our whole visit! The hotel is as other reviewers say: friendly, warm, great communal spaces, clean and contemporary rooms, lovely garden, free wine/beer/snacks in the afternoon, movie screenings in the adorable theater in the evening…if you are looking for a haven after days of exploring the city, this is the place. The breakfast was AMAZING. Truly. Such a treat, especially at a hotel this reasonably priced.

The only thing I'd say is that if you're traveling with somebody you *don't* want to see naked, be aware that the showers (at least in our room) are exposed to the rest of the room. It's a cool design but I can certainly imagine it creating an awkward situation depending on who you're traveling with!

In summary: This place was an absolute dream. Reserve, anticipate, and enjoy!

1  Thank Violet326
Reviewed 11 July 2013

We have just completed a 3 night stay at this fantastic hotel.

From the time we arrived the staff could not have been more helpful - absolutely nothing is too much trouble. We took two of their dinner recommendations and did not regret either.

The rooms are bright and spacious. The beds comfortable and bathroom bright. There are also a number of common areas to sit and relax.

The breakfasts were sensational: freshly baked breads, great eggs, fresh fruit and cereals. Great coffee!

It was quite warm when we stayed and so were able to enjoy sitting in the garden late in the day, having a drink and gorgeous snack provided complimentary to guests. A relaxing end to the day and opportunity to chat with other guests or plan the evening or next days sights.

The hotel is well located - near the main sights, has lots of restaurants and bars nearby and is convenient to Vienna's best cafes

We loved this hotel and its people. Truly awesome!

1  Thank browney237