We found this hotel through the overwhelmingly positive TA reviews, and although I looked at several hotel options, this one seemed to offer the best value for money. I booked online and requested the optional airport pick-up service. I emailed our flight number to the hotel later and got an instant response and confirmation. The driver was waiting for us in Arrivals with a clean and luxurious saloon car, and kept up a running commentary as he drove us to the hotel, including pointing out the best gelateria just around the corner from the hotel.
Check in was very friendly, and although it was late morning our room was ready. We had room 13, a beletage XL room, a couple of doors away from reception. We were slightly concerned about potential noise, but in the end it was only our next-door neighbours who disturbed us on the last night coming home late and very noisily. The room overlooks a tiny side-alley with some outdoor restaurant tables and we never heard a single sound from outside so we slept really well.
The decor was clean and simple and perhaps a little spartan but the bed was huge and comfortable and I loved the huge deep bath in an alcove. There was not a great amount of hanging space, but enough for two people only staying for 3 nights. One slight niggle was that the Ikea trouser hangers were mainly broken so we had to juggle things round to get everything in the wardrobe. We also had a lot of problems with the electronic safe which seemed unable to store our code so that every time we tried to open it we got an error message. Luckily one of the keys we were given fitted a hidden manual lock on the safe so we just used that. But these are very minor niggles and not enough to influence the overall rating.
Breakfast is served in a relatively small room with an open kitchen area and it's wonderful. It starts with a themed platter of meats and cheeses and a basket of lovely bread items. There is also a loaf of rye bread and some fantastic homemade preserves to help yourself to (try the orange it's out of this world), cereals and yogurts. There are always a number of options for hot dishes including eggs of the day, and the chef will also make omelettes on request. Finally there will be a sweet course which might be chocolate cake or palatschinken (pancakes). They make a mean cappuccino and are happy to keep them coming.
Every member of staff we met was friendly, cheerful and helpful and the whole place has a positive welcoming atmosphere. The location is also great, a couple of minutes from the U-bahn stations at Schwedenplatz and Stephansplatz making it easy to get around.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Boutique hotel, design refuge, living room for globetrotters and the pampered jetsetters: the Hollmann Beletage is all this and much more – a Viennese jewel in the truest sense of the word. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Agoda, Hotel.de, Odigeo, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Hollmann Beletage reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hollmann Beletage - Design And Boutique
- Hollmann Beletage - Design & Boutique Hotel Vienna
- Hollmann Beletage Design Boutique Vienna