“Creative and special place à la Viennoise”
Review of Hollmann Beletage

Hollmann Beletage
Ranked #5 of 361 Hotels in Vienna
Lahr, Germany
“Creative and special place à la Viennoise”
Reviewed 7 June 2014

I've been here several times and I've always enjoyed it. Location close to Stephansdom is fabulous, all major Vienna attractions (besides Schönbrunn) are in walking distance. But what we like best is the creativeness in many details plus the very positive and friendly service attitude. Some decoration is just funny and crazy, like it! We feel like coming home. Breakfast is outstanding with very creative variations every day. But you should bring time - at least 45 min. - to really ejoy it. Rooms have all the amenities we expect. Air condition in our room worked well, so we could keep the windows closed. Very fast complimentary internet.Good wines in the mini bar.
Room for improvement: Strawberries would be nice in peak season.

Room Tip: XL rooms are expensive, we do not need those big rooms. Vienna offers a lot, so I am in my room just...
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled on business

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (119)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Hebrew first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Seal Beach, SO CA USA
Reviewed 2 June 2014 via mobile

Location: ideal
Breakfast: waitress took our breakfast request, cooked to order eggs etc (a first for us at a breakfast-included hotel)!
Staff: just great
Restaurant recommendations: 3 winners out of 3
Not an ultra-modern hotel, but spacious and clean. Well run.

Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
Alexandria, Virginia
Reviewed 25 May 2014

Great hotel. We loved the room design. Ours was modern, clean, spacious, really comfortable. Breakfast was a full 6 course meal made to order meal by a fantastic chef. The location is perfect, central with easy walk to main sites and public transportation. Staff was friendly, sort of a hipster vibe about the place. Highly recommended.

2 Thank Keith992
London
Reviewed 24 May 2014

Booked this place on th basis of the Trip-advisor reviews and they weren't wrong. The location is perfect for the centre, and only five minutes from the underground and trams. The room was huge for a city centre hotel and included a big sofa. Fruit was provided in the room, and we made use of the hotel sauna when we came back from a hard day's sight-seeing. There was masses of cupboard space and a big bathroom with a bath. The breakfasts are staggering; I think there were 6 courses, but it could have been more. They were different every day - poached egg and pear was my favourite dish. You just could not eat any more and lasted you through to a tea-time cake in a cafe. The staff were very friendly and helpful.

Why not 5 stars? First the TV did not work on the first night, and when it was fixed had only CNN Europe as its only English speaking channel. I've kind've got used to some BBC channels in Western Europe. Second, the bed was twin mattrasses with quite a gap between them, and seperate duvets. I would have preffered a double, or at least less segrated twins. Third, the towels were bit small and thin. The sauna towels were big and fluffy, the bath towels could have closer.

These are minor quibbles and did not affect the enjoyment of our stay. I would definitely go back.

VENICE, CA
Reviewed 17 May 2014

I only stayed here one night, arriving from Budapest and flying back to the US the next morning. I tried to book for 3 nights while in Vienna, but it was booked. I would stay here again no questions. All the staff were extremely helpful. The location is spot on, right in the city center, especially for a solo traveler if you like to have quick access to everything. I had the room with the exposed bath tub. Which was awesome! Best bath after a long rainy day. The room just had a good vibe. I didn't get a chance to enjoy the nice sauna or indulge in the extensive breakfast, but what I did enjoy was excellent. When I return to Vienna I will be booking in advance to make sure I get to stay here the whole time.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled solo
Reviewed 16 May 2014

We booked this hotel based on the overwhelming positive reviews and didn't regret this for a minute. Literally minutes after my reservation I had a confirmation email from Fabian introducing himself and welcoming us to the hotel. Fabian was more than helpful answering all my questions and helping us to get concert tickets to the boys chorus days before our arrival. He was super nice and helped us with all the questions ( and we had a lot:) ) about the city, restaurants, visits to museums... He also has a great sense of humor so it was a pleasure to work with him.

Can't say enough about the rest of the staff especially, the chef and everybody working in the dining room. Breakfast is a feast and every staff member is trying to make it very pleasant. Food is excellent and way more than we could consume at one seating. Besides breakfast, they also put out a nice afternoon snack.

The whole place feels like a home away from home with great service included.
The location is excellent and we could walk to many of the main attractions within 15 min or hop on the tram or underground (less than 5 min walking from our hotel door) which is very easy to navigate and very convenient with the trains coming every 5 min even at night.
I would not hesitate to recommend this place to all my friends or anybody else staying in the city.
Next time in Vienna we are definitely staying at the Hollmann Beletage!

1 Thank iberlin
Spain
Reviewed 15 May 2014

We could not have selected a better hotel to stay in Vienna and really recommend a minimum of two nights. The property is small, but super for couples, conveniently located close to the Stephansdom area, in and within walking distance of everything - restaurants and shopping. The facade does not look like a hotel, but once inside you have surprises, gifts and comfort. We stayed in one of the larger rooms that was spacious. The bed was extremely comfortable. A first for us, the sink was situated behind the headboard and the shower was hidden behind glass - the set up worked for us. There are two floors - the first has a game area and a tiny movie theater. The reception is located on the second floor, has is a nice sitting/reading room, the dining room and kitchen.

The staff is awesome and I particularly want to introduce you to Fabian. Even before arriving, he was so helpful going above and beyond what was expected, promptly answering questions and assisting with reservations. I had concerns about the train schedule and he emailed me exactly what I needed. Even while away visiting Prague, he researched and confirmed a couple of reservations and made sure to communicate promptly making us feel very well taken care of. Every hotel should have a Fabian!

The icing on the cake staying at the Hollmann Beletage is their breakfast - OMG!! Josef the chef makes special eggs and such each day. The breakfast starts out with a basket of breads, then fruit platter, then juices and a menu with various other things to choose from that Josef will prepare for you in his open kitchen. We would wake up excited each morning wondering what we were going to have that day! NOTE: breakfast IS included in the rate.

To get a good idea regarding the hotel's philosophy and style, check out this link located on YouTube "Be a Good Host" - featuring it's manager, Phillip Patzel.

We would return for sure!

Room Tip: Ask for a room away from the shopping street. We had rooms 24 and 25 - you could hear street noise...
1 Thank habaneros