“Great Budget Hotel”
Review of Hotel Viktoria

Hotel Viktoria
Ranked #277 of 358 Hotels in Vienna
Reviewed 8 June 2014

Stayed at this hotel for 6 nights recently. It is a small decent hotel about 100 meters from the suburban station. This was extremely convenient to move around the city. A bonus is that It is walking distance from the Schönbrunn Palace, gardens and zoo. Plenty of restaurants and shopping options nearby too. I got a deal of a night free after the first two nights, and so paid for 5 nights. The room was small but reasonably sufficient for one person or a couple. It was fairly clean and well maintained.

As the breakfast was not included in the room rate, at an €8 additional, there are better options available nearby if one wishes to explore. So I would rate it as average especially because it was pretty much the same fare every day. I would recommend moving around the area to catch a more economical and varied breakfast as at the hotel .

The staff are okay. I had arrived about 4 hours earlier than my check-in time and was asked to keep my luggage in the lobby and return about an hour before the scheduled check in. On my return too, I had a flight about 4 hours after the check-out time and was asked to do the same. Even though I did not request for it, for someone who stayed 6 nights, the hotel staff could have been more accommodating. Won't hold it against them because the city itself was so lovely and overall I came away with very positive impressions. It has probably rubbed off on the hotel, and will give it a "Very Good" rating than an average.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Yatish71

Reviewed 25 August 2013

Stayed here for one night whilst visiting Vienna. Stayed in a family room which was a double bed and a chair that pulled out into a bed for our son. The room was ideal and the free WiFi was an added bonus and the bathroom was lovely. After a long day of walking around Vienna, I was in heaven at the thought of being able to have a bath.
The continental breakfast was lovely and there was lots of choice and the staff were only too happy to keep me topped up with fresh coffee whenever I asked for more.
The staff that we came in to contact with were all very polite and friendly and nothing was too much trouble for them.
The building itself was just gorgeous with the interior decorated perfectly in keeping with the style of the building. In my opinion, if the furniture had been too modern, it would have ruined the "feel" of the hotel.
Would highly recommend this hotel and if we ever visit Vienna again, this will be where we stay.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
4  Thank Cassie W
hotelviktoria, Manager at Hotel Viktoria, responded to this reviewResponded 9 September 2013

Dear Guest,

we are delighted that you have taken the time to record your opinion on Tripadvisor. com. For your positive thoughts I want to thank you very much. It is nice to read that you were happy with your stay. We hope to have the pleasure to welcome you back soon with us.

With best regards,

Ms. Guillebert
Hotel Manager

Reviewed 8 June 2013

Stayed here for one night in triple room. Well priced for basic accommodation. Near U4 line and Schonbrun. Staff were friendly and very helpful, organised my City Airport Transfer and printed my ticket for me. Should I visit Vienna again I would stay again.

Stayed: June 2013
1  Thank Tassietraveller005
hotelviktoria, Manager at Hotel Viktoria, responded to this reviewResponded 22 August 2013

Dear Guest,

we are pleased to have you as a guest at the Hotel Viktoria and that you took the time to put your positive experience on Tripadvisor. com.

Ms. Guillebert Svetlana

Reviewed 10 October 2012 via mobile

It is very close to Schönbrunn , only a short distance. Free wifi was great and worked properly. Room did not look like on the pictures, the reality was a bit disappointing. Bathroom is too small.. Breakfast was quite good, but the furniture very old fashioned.Price was fairly good for the service. In overall it was not a bad experience.

• Stayed: October 2012
Reviewed 21 September 2012

After I was waiting 10 minutes in front of the hotel around 22:30, the owner started to shout on me. They made a mistake in reservation and lady wanted to use my credit card number and make me pay what I have not ordered!! Breakfast is poor. Room is small, modest, and you can find dust on the hidden places.

Convenient location

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled on business
5  Thank Goran T
Reviewed 31 August 2012

We stayed here for 4 nights in July 2012. Even though not in the city center, the hotel is conveniently located a very short walk (about 100m) from the underground and within walking distance from Schonbrunn Palace & Gardens. The hotel itself is old, but with obvious renovations - the overall result is good. The room was rather small for a family of 4, with all the suitcases around, but we got by. There was a light smell upon entering the room (probably due to the carpet) but we got used to it in no time, so it was not a problem. The bathroom was renovated and in very good condition. The breakfast room was small and cozy - breakfast itself was descent. Overall, good location and good value. Parking is free but limited. I would stay here again if ever in Vienna again.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 2 September 2011

Very nice little hotel. Few rooms at a very comfortable location just next to the shonbrung park. Everything was very nice just for the breakfast too little possibilities and choice.

• Stayed: August 2011
1  Thank Terrywloch
hotelviktoria, Manager at Hotel Viktoria, responded to this reviewResponded 20 October 2011

Dear Guest,

we are pleased to have you as a guest at the Hotel Viktoria Vienna and that you took the time to put your positive experience on Tripadvisor. com. It is nice to hear that we were able to satisfy you and we hope to welcome you again soon.

Ms. Guillebert