“Perfect location, friendly staff” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Hotel Terminus

Hotel Terminus
Ranked #250 of 367 Hotels in Vienna
St. Louis
“Perfect location, friendly staff”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 May 2012

Nice location since I was working at the Natural History Museum, thought the cab driver had never heard of it. My room was very simple, but the price was good for a large city. There was a shared toilet on my floor, but there is only shower for all the rooms without bathrooms (some have them) and it was on a different floor. I scheduled my showers to be at non-peak times, but it seemed odd for there to be ONE shower (and a tiny one at that). The breakfast was a standard German continental breakfast. The front desk staff were quite friendly and let me practice my German language skills on them (even though they all spoke some English). I'd stay here again, but maybe upgrade to a room with a bathroom.
My only complaint is the curtains were not long enough and I was blinded as soon as the sun rose despite putting my head at the opposite end of the bed. They needed longer, blackout curtains.

• Stayed May 2012, travelled on business
    • 4 of 5 bubbles

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
  • Greek first
  • Polish first
Moscow, Russia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 May 2012

My main goal was to get musical impressions, so I chose the Terminus hotel because of its convenient situation not far away from:
— the Theater an der Wien (7 minutes of a really slow walk);
— the Musikverein (15 minutes at most);
— the State opera (15 – 20 minutes).
The closest U-Bahn stations are Neubaugasse and Museumsquartier.

The room and its bathroom were clean, WiFi worked well. The breakfast didn't offer much to choose from, but it was OK to chew something before leaving for the city.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled solo
1 Thank Serbel
Manchester
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 April 2012

What can I say about this hotel. Well when I first saw the room I was not impressed as time went on I got used it and it was okay. The rooms are pretty small and they are not too clean. The hotel feels that it is not loved and used for functional reasons. It's in a really good location and everything is to hand. The breakfast is poor and boring. However, the people on the reception are really nice and so helpful. I think if we came back to Vienna we would stay here as it's so convenient.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank charlie&rich
Vancouver, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 October 2011

Good size room for 3 adults; convenient location,spotless room, decent rate, poor breakfast compared to all the hotels we visited in Austria.
Have lunch or dinner at MARTINS restaurant a few doors down the block. Delicious and inexpensive cuisine, where the owner / chef, Martin, makes every effort to accomodate you!

• Stayed October 2011, travelled with family
2 Thank nedgulden
Cypress, Orange County, California
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 January 2011

The hotel was not what we expected by any means. From the outside it looked nice the area was ok as well. When we first walked in the first impression was it was a nice average hotel we were not expecting to much, as it was. The man who checked us it was very nice and gave us our key to room 47 which I am still having nightmare about today. The elevator can fit no more than 2 people or 2 luggages and 1 person at a time.

The ROOM
Even though we were no expecting a lot we were not expecting this!!! The floors were uneven, worn out, discolored and dirty. They looked like they had never really been clean there was dust in almost every corner of the run and the rugs were a dark gray were they were supposed to be white. Our feet were black just from walking on the floor and it was like this for our whole stay. Don't expect the room to be dusted while you are there or before you get there for that matter. There were bumps in the floor and you could feel yourself going up and down as you walked on it with every step. I felt like I was waiting for the floor to fall out from underneath me. The furniture was really old and unstable they could have a least gone to get some cheap stuff from IKEA that would have been better. If you want to sleep-in you better cover your eyes because the sun will wake you up at 6am if you are ready for it or now!

Bathroom
I will say that the bathroom was the only plus it seemed to be new and remodeled recently and clean although there was red nail polish spilled all over it which I cleaned because it looked like a murder scene. There is only a bar of hand soap so bring everything else that you need.

Hotel
The first floor rooms 2 to 8 seems to be better with no problems like we had but we found this out the day we were leaving. There was one girl I had overheard complaining that their rooms had not been clean before they arrived and the short haired lady at the front desk stated that she could not do anything because the cleaning lady (singular) was not there and she was not going to do it. The girl asked to change rooms and the lady at the front desk stated that the girl could not. The hotel does have one computer with internet for free which is a plus because i saw other people looking for a new hotel while I was there. The only place they have for you to leave you luggage is under a table by the front door where anyone could take it. The hotel does not have any Parking and instead they will tell you to go to a parking area about 5 minutes away at a rate of 25 Euro a day.

Location
The hotel is not close to any MAIN train station like other people stated the two main train stations are each a minimum of 2 metro stations away. From Meidling it is 2 stations on the U6 plus 3 on the U4 from the Westbahnhof it is 2 plus about a 10 minute walk from the metro station to the hotel. To center near Church Stephan where everything is at you had to take two metro lines. The U4 and the U1.

Over all for what we paid on booking.com we would have picked something more central and something much nicer for what we paid. But it was New Years Eve so we were kind of stuck.

• Stayed December 2010, travelled as a couple
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
4 Thank CaliSunshine214

Travellers are raving about these Vienna hotels

Melbourne, Australia
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 December 2010

We chose this hotel based on the location and also because it was within walking distance from the main train station.

The room was extremely large, not the cleanest but quite comfortable.

Breakfast was typical and an adequate way to start the day.

Overall, whilst this hotel is certainly not luxurious it is great value for money if a central location is what you are looking for!

• Stayed December 2010, travelled as a couple
1 Thank MZE83
Bournemouth
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 October 2010

Excellent value - very clean, superb location, friendly staff, good room. It is true, as one reviewer said, that the breakfast was always the same but with several types of bread, two jams, 3 types of sausage, 2 cheeses, orange juice, joghurt, cereal, various teas, coffee and cream cheese we were more than happy. Easy walking distance from the station so we didn't even need a taxi on arrival. Could be described as no frills but what do you expect for the price. We would happily stay there again - in fact we hope to.

• Stayed September 2010, travelled as a couple