“Lovely hotel, friendly and helpful staff”

Falkensteiner Hotel Wien Margareten
Ranked #38 of 360 Hotels in Vienna
UK
“Lovely hotel, friendly and helpful staff”
Reviewed 11 May 2014

We stayed for three nights at this hotel in an upgraded room (only cost us 20 Euros extra) and it was delightful. Our room was very large with a comfortable bed and a sofa. The room overlooked the inner courtyard, so was very quiet.

The reception staff spoke excellent English and were very helpful. The breakfasts were huge! A self-service buffet offered hot and cold items, including bread, cheese, ham, cereal, yoghurt, fruit, pastries, pancakes, bacon, eggs, sausages. With no limit on how many times you returned, we could have had a day's worth of food right there!

There is a U-Bahn station five minutes walk away, and the only downside is a slightly dodgy-looking park that lies between the hotel and the station. However, it is quite easy to make a detour round this. The U-Bahn takes you directly to Karlsplatz, just 3 stops down the line.

Overall, this is an excellent hotel that I would not only recommend to others but would also stay at again.

Room Tip: Inner rooms are quieter - ask for an upgrade!
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
Jasmin B, Front Office Manager at Falkensteiner Hotel Wien Margareten, responded to this review, 16 May 2014
Dear Peegee,
thank you so much for writing us a review on Tripadvisor!
I'm very happy to hear that you had a delightful stay with us and that you will recommend our hotel to others.
I'm looking foward to welcome you soon again and to spoil you again with our breakfast buffet.
Regards from Vienna
Jasmin Berger

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (45)
  • Czech first
  • Greek first
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Ottawa, Canada
Reviewed 8 May 2014

Nice hotel and staff but kinda seedy area and not as close to center as expected.

Prefer trendier area, safer feeing environment with more things to do at night.

(Strangely dark hallways-attempt at hipness gone wrong.)

Dear Derek S.,
thank you for your comment on Tripadvisor!
I'm very sorry to hear that our Location didn't meet your expectations. We are not located directly in the city center but you'll find a central initial point with us to start you city tours.
I hope we can welcome you again.
Perth, Australia
Reviewed 4 May 2014

The service was a major reason for me and my husband to like this hotel. They're friendly and helpful and made us feel welcomed during our 5 nights. Cheers to Jasmin, Tamara, Charlene, Thomaz, Marina (reception desk)and Alexander (waiter).
If you re keen on having dinner nearby, there is an authentic Italian pizzeria named San Marino. The guy (Dule) doesn't speak much English but that wasn't a problem. Delicious pizza! We found this place by chance after walking around for about 15 min and we kept going back there during our last days at Falkensteiner Hotel. The pizza address is Arndstrasse 13 A, 1120 Wien (around 400m from hotel).

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
Jasmin B, Front Office Manager at Falkensteiner Hotel Wien Margareten, responded to this review, 5 May 2014
Dear Merch2014,
thank you for your review on Tripadvisor.
I'm very happy that you had a comfortable stay with us and it was a pleasure for my team (thank you for mentioning all of them) and me to have you as our guest.
Looking forward to see you soon again (today :-) ) and wish you all the best for your further journey to Falkensteiner Prag.
Hong Kong & London
Reviewed 8 March 2014

Had a very pleasant two nights stay. The room were comfortable and nicely modern decorated but I expected the rooms to be slightly bigger. Considering I have booked a Superior Room, honestly I couldn't tell the difference between the Standard and Superior. The front desks staff were very friendly and helpful. Few minutes walk from the train station and only 2-4 stops from the touristic sights. Street parking also available outside the hotel.

Only feedback I would like to share is: would be nice if someone can assist with the bags upon arrival and departure instead of just watching from the reception desk. Also, comfy slippers should be provided instead of plastic flip flops since the flooring is wood and is cold. Complimentary water would also be appreciated in the room.

Room Tip: Superior room is not necessary. No major difference from Standard Room.
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank jma88
Jasmin B, Front Office Manager at Falkensteiner Hotel Wien Margareten, responded to this review, 11 March 2014
Dear guest,
thank you for taking time to write us a review on Tripadvisor - I'm very happy that you had a comfortable stay with us.
We appreciate your honest feedback and this will help us to offer a little extra service for the future to raise a smile on our guests face.
Hopefully we can welcome you soon again!
Belgrade, Serbia
Reviewed 17 February 2014

I like to think of myself as not too demanding a guest. But I am! Apart from a regular couple of requests ahead of my arrival, I always need something extra – extra towels, extra pillows, extra chargers for my gadgets, extra copies...Staying at proper hotels, It’s not a matter of whether I can get those, but how. Margareten knows the difference. The extra towels were sent to my room immediately, with a smile, and I was offered a pillow menu to choose from. Clearly the staff mastered the first impression, but even though disturbingly young, they were invariably nice, kind, polite, helpful and friendly throughout the stay.

Another thing the Falkensteiner does extremely well is to bring a sophisticated flair to a hotel, and theirs never feel cookie cutter or corporate. In a fantastic dialogue with the Biedermeier period, the star architect Matteo Thun created a unique atmosphere for Margareten. I loved the chic chandeliers in the lobby and the open plan bar, with its super comfortable sofas and the soothing grays and greens throughout. Admittedly, I hated the black corridor walls, but absolutely loved the black metro tiles in the spa shower area. And, the spa! Decently sized and spotlessly clean, it makes the perfect end of a long day in Vienna.

The room was great, too. Slightly masculine in feel, with its undecorated walls and sparse furniture, it did give me a feeling of space, airiness and elegance it had promised. The bathroom was spacious, with a separate cabin for the shower and – for every woman to appreciate – flattering lighting. The superb breakfast, consistent WiFi, focussed service, the enjoyable touches like a coffee machine in the room and the perfect location – the underground station literally at your doorstep and the easy access to the city centre and the highway by car – only added to the excellent impression.

Business or pleasure, Margareten is my new first choice in Vienna.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Dragana O
Jasmin B, Front Office Manager at Falkensteiner Hotel Wien Margareten, responded to this review, 19 February 2014
Dear Dragana O,
thank you very much for taking the time to review us on TripAdvisor and for your positive feedback - we appreciate your recommendations very much.
We are really happy that we will be your first choice for your next stays in Vienna and we are looking forward to welcome you soon again!
Jasmin Berger

ps: I hope your next stay will be for pleasure not for business ;-)
Berlin, Germany
Reviewed 31 January 2014

Great room, excellent breakfast, very enjoyable spa area. It's not in the old center of Vienna, so the prices are extremely reasonable for the high quality one receives, and it's located directly at a subway station, so transportation to anywhere in the city is a breeze. Most of all I would like to compliment the stellar service, from everyone: at the reception desk, in the breakfast room, in the spa area, at the bar. Every employee we encountered was very friendly and happy to help. We would definitely be more than happy to stay here again!

• Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank tugendhat
Jasmin B, Front Office Manager at Falkensteiner Hotel Wien Margareten, responded to this review, 5 February 2014
Dear tugendhat,
for taking the time to tell us about your stay and your positive feedback.
I am very happy that you enjoyed your stay with us and I will share your comments with the entire team.
It would be a pleasure to welcome you soon again in our Falkensteiner Hotel Wien Margareten.
Paris, France
Reviewed 28 January 2014

Brandnew hotel open since a few months only, slightly out of centre. Decent room size in normal rooms and even better in 'comfort plus' rooms. very nice and modern design. Marble(themed) bathroom. High tech TV system with youtube and games (youtube did not work properly because of lack of bandwidth). Water pressure in shower could be better. Room was too warm and thermostat was stickered off and could not get the room cooler.
Very good service all around, fast/friendly. Good breakfast. OK lunch buffet. Conference room and rest of hotel a bit low ceiling-ed. Chairs in conference room increadibly noisy, need to be changed as is disturbing.

All in all this is a very good hotel that delivers excellent value for money.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled on business
Jasmin B, Front Office Manager at Falkensteiner Hotel Wien Margareten, responded to this review, 30 January 2014
Dear dekdroes,
thank you for taking time to write a response to our hotel.
I'm very happy that you liked the rooms and the facilities of our hotel. Also many thanks to your feedback regarding water pressure and room temperature.
We try to convey the best experience for every customer and therefore your feedback is very important to us that we can improve ourselves continously.
I hope you'll choose us again for your next stay in Vienna.