“Good hotel for the price. Great location.”

Hotel-Pension Bleckmann
Ranked #42 of 116 Vienna B&B and Inns
Reviewed 11 March 2013

This is a budget hotel. It is in a good location and you can walk to a lot of tourist attractions and trains/trams. The rooms are quite old - don't expect room safes or fridges or air conditioning but the rooms are clean. The staff and friendly and helpful. I must compliment the lady who run the breakfast - she keeps the food fresh and offers both my wife and I a fresh pot of tea and coffee when we sit down - great service! The hotel is also very quiet. The only complaint I have is that we specifically requested a non-smoking and when we arrived it was clean this was a smoking room, it really stunk and I thought that someone had smoked like 10 packets in that room that morning. We were told we couldn't change room and it has caused our clothes and belonging to now stink of smoke. Not good for a non-smoker and asthmatic. Wifi is good however there is only one password per room so you can only use one device at a time.

Stayed: February 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Dan M

Reviewed 7 January 2013

FALSE ADVERTISING & UNPROFESSIONAL. DO NOT BOOK! The HOTEL "Austria Classic Hotel Bleckman" is actually "Hotel & Pension Bleckman”. My pensioner mother and I booked a triple room for 5 nights. As per our booking, we were assigned a room with a double bed and separate sofa/single bed within the “hotel”.

On our 5th night the hotel manager ILLEGALLY PACKED OUR BAGS (THROWING ANYTHING NOT IN OUR SUITCASES INTO A PLASTIC RUBBISH BAG) and deposited them in an INFERIOR “pension” room due to an "error in their booking system". NO CONSULTATION OR WARNING! We were INSTRUCTED by a voicemail on my UK mobile phone to collect the keys before reception closed. The room was like a YOUTH HOSTEL DORMITORY with three single beds. When we complained, the Manager was EXTREMELY RUDE. Instead of upholding our room assignment, she suggested we “sue her”. Our money taken, there was no intention to offer compensation. HAD WE NOT THREATENED TO CALL THE POLICE WE WOULD HAVE BEEN TOTALLY IGNORED.

We checked our original room to ensure all our possessions had been collected. The room was made up as a DOUBLE, not a TRIPLE, with the single bed remade into a sofa with decorative cushions. It was obvious that TWO SINGLE WOMEN WE WERE DOWNGRADED TO PRIORITISE A COUPLE, DESPITE OUR CONTRACTUAL BOOKING RESERVATION. HIGHLY RECOMMEND BOOKING ELSEWHERE.

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled with family
5  Thank 1Dara
Reviewed 2 November 2012

The hotel is not any more the newest, but still in good conditions. The room was great enougth for us four and viewed in the inner garden, for this it was quite at night. The hotel is situated close to the center of the city, ca. 15 minutes by feet. The breakfast buffet was not great, but one could find all that one generally wishes . The tables were cleaned at once. The reception personal was very friendly and competent. The tramstops and the U-Bahn stops are easy to reach by feet, so that it was no need to use the car. Also the parking with the special allowence given from the hotel was not expensive (almost 6 euro a day) and just behind of the hotel. One should all the time think when one reads all of the reviews about the "Blackmann" is that the price and location really pass.When you come to visit the city and dont plan to spend your hole time inside of the hotel, then it is the passing place also for you.

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled with family
2  Thank елена х
Reviewed 13 April 2012

My last review was written during a time, when I had not received the deposit in full, from the staff at Hotel Bleckmann, Vienna. In the end, I did receive it. There had been a misunderstanding about the whole situation. We did not stay at the actual Hotel, but in one of the private apartments rented out by the Hotel. I can recommend the apartment, because of its central location, and other amenities.

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 30 December 2011

I'm writing this review from my room in the Bleckmann because I was concerned about the mixed reviews this hotel received. Well, my experience here put my mind at rest. My wife and I are staying here 2 days already and we had a very good experience. The friendly staff gave us information about locations and transport arrangements. They also helped us with parking spots and then we found out that the wifi in the room is free! To be sure, this is a simple hotel without frills, but it is very clean and combined with the fairly central location this makes for a pleasant experience overall.

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 11 August 2011

We stayed as a family (4 adults, 2 children under 14) at the Hotel Bleckman in July 2011. The Hotel is conveniently located to many of Vienna's attractions and within a decent walking distance of their city core. We walked to their shopping concourse and enjoyed an evening at the famed Opera House. The Hotel is manned by friendly and very helpful staff at the front deask. They were quite helpful in identifying places to visit and nearby restaurants. The parking lot is small and when we were there it was full so they found a way to have our car accomdated on a side street at a very reasonable price. This is not the first time we have stayed there nor will it be the last.
The Cuffs

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 18 July 2011

GOOD POINTS:-
-> Great value for money - I paid Eur128 for 2 nights
-> Very close to city centre and important places of interest;
-> Clean environment and laundry;
-> Friendly, Enlish-speaking Staff;
-> Free, reliable internet connection.

LESS GOOD POINTS:-
-> No Aircondition in my room, but I slept peacefully nonetheless;
-> Breakfast is very humble but good and satisfactory.

Stayed: July 2011, travelled on business