“Like in student dorm room”
Review of Korotan Hotel

Korotan Hotel
Ranked #218 of 359 Hotels in Vienna
Reviewed 15 March 2013

I have choosen this hotel for one-day business budget trip to Vienna, mainly based on price, wi-fi availability and breakfast. I will agree with another review that I rember reading, about this place reminding a student hall of residence. Simple and practical furniture, a big desk with desk lamp for studying and a single bed.
It was clean, quite, the bathroom was in excellent condition, wi-fi worked perfectly, breakfast was more than descent BUT the bed was not good. Soft, weared out mattress, gave me a sore back after sleeping there, for me this ruined everything else. I am not sure if I will use this hotel again at my next short visit in Vienna, because having a comfortable sleep is very important. I don't know if the double beds are better.

The reception desk was polite, but when I asked for my room to be billed to my company, the system crashed. He asked me to write down my company details so he would try to issue the bill later on. When I checked out next morning and asked for the bill, I saw the piece of paper with my handwritting still in my keyhole. Nice one. I didn't want to miss my flight, the whole cost was low so I didn't bother to insist on the correct invoice.

Well if you like soft matresses, then you are for a good deal!

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled on business

Reviewed 25 February 2013

Korotan has signs in German and Slovenian and there are a number of other hints at a Slovenian connection. It seems to be leaving behind it's hostel/pension background and becoming more like an all purpose hotel. The whole 2nd floor was being upgraded while we were there in Feb 2013. It is decorated in a modern style to a good standard with an excellent foyer overlooked by a small library with computers for guest's use. Buffet breakfast was marked by a good variety and excellent coffee. Clean. Efficient staff with enough English to get by. The WiFi worked for me on the 3rd floor (Android phone and Tablet). Note: password is all lower case and no spaces.

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 20 August 2012

I spent two days at the hotel. I am satisfied. Advantages of the hotel: Big, rich and tasty breakfast. Very good location. Very close to the subway and cheap restaurants. Quiet neighborhood. The service is nice, cleaned thoroughly every day my room.

Hotel Cons: No air conditioning in the hotel. Very poor quality, small TV. Very small and very few TV channels. The problem is also the fact that the reception does not work around the clock.

If you do not have to have air conditioning I can recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 17 August 2012

The hotel was expetionally great. I would highly recommend this hotel to other. If I have to go back to Vienna I will stay at Korotan Hotel

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled solo
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com
Reviewed 11 May 2012

This hotel is a great value. It is in a nice area and close to 2 tram lines that will take you to the nearby city center or other tourist sites. There are 2 good restaurants across the street. The hotel is very basic & "spartan", but the rooms are big & clean, although the showers are small. The breakfast is very good also. The only drawback is a lack of air conditioning or fans in the room.

Room Tip: There are rooms on the central courtyard that are very quiet.
  • Stayed: May 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 28 September 2011

The location of Korotan is very good and close to both tram and undergorund stations. The lobby is nice and looks fine, but the rooms are not that nice. You have all the basic, though. Everything worked in my room, but it was not the most enjoyable place to stay at. There's free wi-fi in the lobby bu not in the rooms (there you can access the internet only by cable). The receptionists were very kind and helpful. Breakfast was nice and everyone can find something for themselves.

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled on business
1  Thank Izletnik
Reviewed 23 September 2011

I stayed 3 nights in a single room. The hotel is well located close to U6 line. The room was very very shabby and not well maintained and it largely reminded me of a dorm-room. Some instances: The door would not lock - but instead of having it repaired, the door handle was replaced with fixed doorknob. No "Do not disturb" sign available. When I grabbed my duvet, the slip got torn. Craky tiles in the bathroom. In addition, the shower stall was extremely small. There is no wi-fi in rooms. At least it was clean, though. The breakfast was quite OK, except for eggs, which were cooked only half-way (when I peeled it, the upper part drained). I payed 39EUR per night, so not much. But in general, I do not recommend this hotel, there are definitely better ones that will make your stay in Vienna more pleasant.

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled on business