“Daintily soft-spoken place”

and 1 more site!
Suite Hotel 200m zum Prater
Ranked #327 of 359 Hotels in Vienna
Reviewed 8 June 2012

The night we checked in there was an elderly and apparently shy Austrian gentleman at the minuscule reception desk, and I very distincly recall his soft-spoken manner (hence the title of my review), especially when I compare it with our rather boisterous group of ten. Almost everything looked and felt decent at that little hotel, including the price/quality ratio. I liked it a lot, and definitely intend to stay there again. Well, there is one minus, though: ghastly mattresses on both beds in our room. Mine had at least symmetrical broken springs, so after I had found the right position between them I could settle down, but the other person in the room slept very badly. Please, change the mattresses in room number 2!

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled with friends
1  Thank Smaranda N

Reviewed 24 April 2012

Excellent value and handy for the city. We paid €104 for two nights B&B for an ensuite room through booking.com which is fantastic value for a capital city hotel. We had a room on the ground floor, but it was quite quiet (some noises after 06.00 as it was next to the breakfast room). Breakfast included a good choice and supplies regularly replenished. Free use of hotel computer, but €2 charge for own computer in room. Easy access to centre with bus 4A or tram 1 to inner ring road and connections with U-bahn/S-bahn. City transport rover ticket recommended. Vienna is a beautiful city with many tourist attractions, we look forward to returning.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Davidanddeirdre
Reviewed 16 April 2012

Loved this property. I t was close to transit, was right on Prater Park, and had a great breakfast. The rooms were clean and the bathroom very spacious. I liked the hardwood floors vs. carpet. Free internet in the lobby as well. I would definitely stay here again~

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 15 December 2011

When we booked the hotel we read that is a 3 stars hotel with free wifi but actually the hotel deserves maximum 2 stars and if you want internet you have to pay extra 10E/day. The room is very basic, no carpets, old furniture, old window panes which allows noise to pass, old and defect bathroom furniture. I think my bed from my childhood was better than I get here. Unfortunately the hotel was one of my worst hotel-experiences. I'm sorry that this opinion is not good for the hotel, but I wanted to share it. Only one good thing: the hotel is located near Prater Park! :)

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled as a couple
6  Thank bia3184
Reviewed 31 October 2011

It's a pretty good hotel for the price.Rooms reported are very high, the hotel is 15 minutes from downtown by tram and breakfast was accept, may be more varied.
In conclusion is a clean hotel, but it deserves at least one painting in the room.

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled as a couple
2  Thank InspectorBucuresti
Reviewed 14 October 2011

I visited this hotel during vacations in Vienna. The hotel is not very centrally located, although the tram stop is very close to the hotel.
We chose the suite room, since we were 4 people.
We had problems with the heating, it was not working the first night and the employee from the reception was very indinfferent and rude. She did not help us at all, although we stated the problem in the afternnon and until midnight the only thing she had to say was that it was our problem that we weren't used to 10 degrees!!
The next problem was with the housekeeping. The housekeepers did not clean the suite, they only made the beds. They didn't mop the 2 bathrooms during the 5 days of our stay. They hadn't emptied the fridge from the previous ones, so when we got in the room we found old pizza and cakes in the fridge.
The breakfast was very very poor.
Also, the beds creak!
In general, I would not suggest this hotel.

Room Tip: The suite is very spacious and has two floors and two bathrooms
  • Stayed: October 2011, travelled with friends
3  Thank AngelikiPap
Reviewed 9 August 2011

We stood one night in this hotel. The suite was big: two bed rooms, kitchen, I think that the property is about 60 sq.m or more. Close to Prater (but little bit more than 200m - 10 minutes by walk. Good connection to city center - by tram or bus. Good breakfast. Good service. Good price (It cost me 84 Euro/night in July).
Cons: the property was repaired more than 15 years ago (by style of tiles in the bathroom and by condition of the kitchen)

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled with family