“Good for reasonably price”
Review of Hostel Hutteldorf

Hostel Hutteldorf
Ranked #50 of 216 Speciality Lodging in Vienna
Reviewed 5 May 2014

The room was clean. Bathroom was new and very clean. Same as toilet. Breakfasts were very very plentiful. 4 min walk from U4 station. Quiet neighbourhood around. There was free WiFi in entire bulding.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Michal C

Reviewed 24 April 2014

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com
Reviewed 9 April 2014

The hostel is pretty good with the prices (breakfast included), staff being friendly and helpful. But it is located pretty far from the center so you have to spend about 20-25 minutes to get to the city center by metro. Rooms are clean and our one had a nice city view, but the thing we disliked was that towels weren't included in the price, they charge 2,50 EUR for each which I think is inappropriate.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
2  Thank c01d88
Reviewed 24 January 2014

I stayed here in April 2013 while on a backpacking trip in mainland Europe. The hostel was very easy to find with signs at the overpass in Hutteldorf station directing where to find it. The location was particularly convenient for me as I was moving on to Salzburg and the Westbahn trains leave from Hutteldorf station. Staying 2 minutes from Hutteldorf station saved me a long trip back into Vienna to get to the Hauptbahnhof.
The staff were helpful and looked after me very well. I arrived early in the morning- long before check-in - but the receptionist allowed me to store my luggage in the locker room before checking in so I could enjoy Vienna without lugging my things around! One night I asked if I could eat at the hostel and was told that they only catered for large groups, but the receptionist then went and asked the kitchen if they could make some extra food for me as they did have a group in eating that night, which was very kind of him.
The room was warm, clean and comfortable with an ensuite bathroom. There were problems with the hot water on my first day, so I had to wait a while to have a shower, but they sorted it out within a few hours so it wasn't a major inconvenience. The breakfast was simple but filling and just what I needed to fuel up for a day's sightseeing! I also was grateful for the free internet access in the lounge.
Thank you to all at Hostel Hutteldorf for a pleasant experience- I'm sure I'll be back!

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 26 November 2013

Although the hostel is just a 2 min walk from Vienna Hutteldorf train station, it is avg. 30 minutes from the city center. However, the hotel rooms are really nice and clean and is so well furnished, it almost feels like a hotel. The view from the balcony was mindblowing.

The breakfast provided in room price included Bread, Butter, Jam, Milk, Fruit, Yoghurt, Coffee etc.

Room Tip: Choose the 6-bed mixed dorm room
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank SerendipityIndia
Reviewed 27 September 2013

I stayed in the hostel twice in a week. One for 2 days and once for a day. The Hotel has really a warm reception staff. It was very interesting to see that it is one of the most preferred hostel for students.

The check-in time is 3:00pm. However, we reached the hostel by 10:00am. The hostel staff assisted us to keep our luggage in the luggage room. They also advised us to visit some nearby places (Schönbrunn Palace, Zoo etc) and gave clear instructions how to reach them.

There were big crowd to check in at 3:00pm. However, the reception staff were very good and assigned the rooms with patience. The reception is open for 24-hours and always open for questions.

The complementary breakfast is served from 7:00am till 10:00am and it is descent. They also give you packed lunch on request for a very small price.

The rooms are neat and clean. There single rooms have only common bathrooms. But, they are well maintained. There is large free area in the backside of the hostel where you can sit and chat.

There are very regular metro (U4) till midnight on week days. There are buses as well. This matters as you can not walk down to this place from city center.

Overall, this is a very descent place to stay, which very good staff. However, the only concern it its location (far away from city center)

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 1 August 2013 via mobile

The hostel is far from the city centre, you have to use the metro.
I stayed in a 20-beds rooms, but they are quiet enough. The shared bathrooms were clean, but a bit too small. There are lockers available for free if you have something to lock them with. The breakfast is very good, as it's free and full of different kinds of food, but there is no kitchen. We enjoyed our stay, mostly because of the nice guys we met

• Stayed: August 2013