“Excellent! Great location and friendly owners.”
Review of Pension Kraml

Pension Kraml
Ranked #9 of 115 Vienna B&B and Inns
Sarajevo, Bosnia and Herzegovina
“Excellent! Great location and friendly owners.”
Reviewed 29 April 2013

Great family pansion, 5 minutes walk to Mariahilfer Strasse. Friendly owners, very clean apartment, nice breakfast and service. Quiet and calm place. This is one place where I would return. It is great to stay with children.

• Stayed November 2012, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (31)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Reviewed 30 March 2013

Lovely hotel, my only gripe was that the mattress is too soft, but that is just my opinion. Incredible location and fabulous service. The room was HUGE!! Breakfast was lovely too. The staff are excellent.

• Stayed March 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank Alex P
Berlin, Germany
Reviewed 24 February 2013

thats the right slogan for this hotel. We stayed there for 2 days on our anniversary day and had a wonderful time. The communication from the beginning over booking via Email, was very professional. When we arrive we had a small "Bottle of Sparkling Wine" in our room and a "Warm Welcome" from the owner and his staff. We feeled like spirit of Vienna in this small, but very well managed house. Room was very big, compared to the small rooms we stayed before. Tickets for a amazing Sight Seeing Tour was organized by the owner himself. You have a 24 hours contact person as the owner lives in the house himself, which makes it different from other places. "We are family" thats the best slogan for this excellent runned Pension. We will definitely come back on our next anniversary Thank you very much Pension Kraml for this great time !

Room Tip: Contact the Owner direct, you get a better rate !
  • Stayed January 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Herman S
Armacao dos Buzios, RJ
Reviewed 21 February 2013

On our journey in Europa , we booked two nights in the " Pension Kraml" in Vienna to have a typically family accommodation. I have to say it was the best and friendliest stay in whole Europa. We had a very welcoming check in and our room was cosy and top clean. When we ask for two extra towels it was no problems at all. The owner of the Pension gave us great insider tips to eat in the area. Breakfast was excellent and the ladies who work there are the efficient I have seen. Definitely we recommend this pension, if you want a great value for your money and live Viennese style for some days , instead of living in a standard hotel ! Thank you Family Kraml

Room Tip: Call direct, you get a better price !
  • Stayed January 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Magreth P
Rome, Italy
Reviewed 17 January 2013

I can't find anything negative about this hotel: clean huge rooms (maybe larger than my apartment in Rome!), friendly and professional staff, good breakfast, perfect location. But more than all these things I will never forget the classic music (of course, it's Vienna...) spreading in the hallway everytime you step by!

• Stayed December 2012, travelled as a couple
2 Thank micklupin
Heraklion, Iraklion, Greece
Reviewed 6 January 2013 via mobile

We stayed there for the New Years holidays. It is in a very good location, quiet place and friendly stuff. Our room was quite big and clean and it was warm all day. If we will be in Vienna again, we will stay there for sure! We recommend this pansion!

Stayed December 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Kapsalis M
Berkeley, California
Reviewed 4 January 2013

I stayed at Pension Kraml three separate times last summer, using it as a home base of sorts for a multi-leg trip. I was traveling alone for the first visit, and had a tiny but impeccably clean room with a sink for a VERY reasonable price (honestly, I was amazed to get a private room for such a low price during the summer in a major European city). I was a little nervous about sharing a bathroom, but the WC was right next door; I never had to wait to use it, and didn't notice any noise from other guests. The same was true for the shower down the hall. On my second visit, three of us rented a large suite with private bath. The suite was lovely, comfortable, and also very reasonably priced. When two of us decided to stay in Vienna for an extra night, Pension Kraml was able to offer us a slightly smaller room with only one day's notice (all arranged by email). A couple of weeks later two of us were passing through Vienna again and had loved Pension Kraml so much that we asked to stay one more time - and once again, we were lucky enough to get a great room on short notice. On every visit, I was impressed by how clean and comfortable the rooms were (great beds!), as well as how easy and efficient it was to arrange everything by email. The breakfast was wonderful, too, with a nice selection of breads, cheeses, yogurt, etc - and I loved having my own pot of tea every day! I also enjoyed the hazelnut wafers placed on our pillows and the lovely music playing in the entryway. Wifi was stronger in some areas than others, but this was not a big issue for me. The location was ideal - in a quiet neighborhood just a couple of blocks away from tons of restaurants and shops, with easy access to several subway stations, and a lovely 20-minute walk to the city center. Pension Kraml offered the perfect combination of Viennese charm (this is NOT a generic chain hotel), comfort, and value. The staff was welcoming, professional, and quick to respond to every inquiry or request. They were also very accommodating with some unusual requests I had involving my travel gear, for which I am incredibly grateful. If I ever have the chance to visit Vienna again, I will definitely stay at Pension Kraml!

Room Tip: Every room is different - ask specifically for what you need.
  • Stayed July 2012, travelled with friends