Just returned from a four night break at the Levante Parliament from 17/11/10 to 21/11/10. First impressions very good, unique modern design with lots of coloured glass. After a very smooth check in the friendly receptionist explained the hotels facilities with a map and city guide. The receptionist also gave a voucher for a complimentary soft / local drink at the bar. All of the staff members were friendly and polite.
The room on the first floor was very small with a modern décor. Contained a flat screen television (BBC world, CNN), complimentary electronic safe, minibar and heating / air conditioning. The room was a little cold at times, even with the heating turned on. The room overlooked the courtyard and was very quiet at night which was a positive. The bathroom was again small but more than adequate with a walk in shower, hairdryer and the usual toiletries. Plenty of hot water with good water pressure. Excellent cleanliness in the room and hotel in general. The hotel left a bottle of water on the table with a name tag over the neck of the bottle. I thought the water was complimentary, big mistake, the water costs €4. The price is displayed in small print on the corner of the name tag. If you blink you will easily miss the price. As the bottle is situated away from the mini bar in the centre of the table it looks like it is complimentary.
Breakfast is served from 6.30am onwards, very good selection with beautiful bread, fresh fruit and the usual cereals, ham, cheese etc. Unable to comment on the omelettes and cooked breakfast but this was available if required. There is also a bar and restaurant menu. Restaurant opens 11am to 2pm and 6pm to 11pm Monday to Saturday. Bar opens 11am to midnight Monday to Saturday & 11am to 10pm on Sunday. The food in the restaurant was very good, have a look at the hotels website to view menus and prices. Not a great deal of choice, menus are limited. Found the restaurant to be extremely quiet at all times and there was never more than eight people in the bar or four customers in the restaurant. Mostly business people with some tourists as well.
The hotel is located in the Museum quarter, close to the City Hall, Opera and the Parliament buildings. Lovely area with some beautiful buildings and great architecture. Closest metro station is the Rathaus stop which is under two minutes walk away with easy access to any of Vienna’s districts and the well known Schonbrunn Palace (need to change metro stations at Karlsplatz) which is definitely worth a visit. Weather was generally cloudy during our stay (mid November) but mild, temperatures reached 13C on the first day. Vienna is a perfect choice for a city break and the Levante Parliament is a great place to stay. If you have any questions or would like to read my trip report (with photographs) contact me and I will try to assist. Enjoy Vienna!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Levante Parliament - A Design Hotel - is situated in the historic centre of Vienna, the capital city of Austria.It has 67 rooms and suites and a conference centre for up to 30 guests and as such the The Levante Parliament is a great venue for anyone looking for a privately run quality hotel where no wish is left unfulfilled, but is also keen to be somewhere quiet in the heart of this busy city – and expects excellent service and exclusive design. The hotel has been one of the leading design hotels in Vienna since 2006. Our restaurant and Nemtoi Bar with its unique 400-square-metre garden lounge is one of THE spots in the Vienna city centre during the warmer months of the year.Situated on Vienna’s “youth axis”, between the university campus “The old AKH“ and the museums quarter (MQ), our hotel is well-known as a hip meeting spot - for all generations.Immerse yourself in Viennese culture, “the scene” or the city’s business world but start your tour of discovery at the The Levante Parliament - A Design Hotel! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Jet2Holidays , Booking.com, TripOnline SA, BookAssist, Hotels.com, Expedia, Evoline ltd, Ebookers, HotelQuickly, getaroom.com and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your The Levante Parliament reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Levante Parliament Hotel Vienna
- Levante Parliament Vienna
- Levante Parliament Hotel Vienna