“no surprises - good standard”

Courtyard by Marriott Vienna Schoenbrunn
Ranked #67 of 358 Hotels in Vienna
Reviewed 8 March 2014 via mobile

A decent hotel, conveniently located at the sight "Schönbrunn". I stayed here for business at the nearby conference center. That was very convenient. Otherweise I prefer locations closer to the city center, as it takes about 10 - 15 minutes by metro to get downtown.
The rooms are standard, very clean and typical marriott style (US design), without much charme.
The staff is well trained and do the job as I would expect it in a hotel chain.
Would I go back, of course if I have business in this area.

Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business

Reviewed 1 March 2014

We stayed here for three nights; the hotel is within walking distance of the palace and the metro station, and there're some nice local restaurants in the vicinity. The staff were very welcoming, the buffet breakfast was very adequate, and the rooms were reasonably luxurious, well-kept and very comfortable. Definitely recommend.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Amaris L
CourtyardSchoenbrunn, Executive Assistant Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Vienna Schoenbrunn, responded to this reviewResponded 7 March 2014

Dear Jordan,

First of all, we would like to thank you for staying at the Courtyard by Marriott Wien Schoenbrunn and also for completing our guest survey. Your valuable feedback helps us to steadily improve our service and to ensure the ongoing satisfaction of our future guests.

Moreover, we are glad to learn that you have enjoyed your stay in our hotel. Since all members of our team are giving their very best every day to provide great service, we will definitely forward your good feedback to them.

We are looking forward to welcoming you back to the Courtyard by Marriott Wien Schoenbrunn in the near future.
Best regards,

Louis Alesch | Executive Assistant Manager in Charge of Administration | Courtyard by Marriott Wien Schönbrunn | V.A. Hotel GmbH | Schönbrunner Schlossstrasse 38-40 | 1120 Wien, Austria I T: +43 (0) 1 810 1717 814 | F: +43 (0) 1 810 1717 177 | Email: administration@courtyard-vienna.at | Web: courtyard-vienna.at | courtyardhotels.de | courtyard.com | courtyard.fr

Reviewed 20 February 2014

Stayed in Vienna for 1-night and had a pleasant stay. I wasn't in the room very much because I wanted to sight-see, but the rooms are what you would expect of a Courtyard. It was not exceedingly fancy, but it was very comfortable and clean. The staff at the front counter was terrific and everyone was focused on providing terrific customer service. Stephanie at the front desk especially left an impression. After breakfast (which included champagne), I was planning to walk around before heading to Budapest but hadn't decided where to stay while in Budapest. She called a couple of hotels and got their rates and make the reservation. She even called me later in the day after I checked out to provide me with the confirmation number. This may seem small but it was a big, big help. I had some 6 other colleagues with me and she did the same for them too.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank Sharolyn P
Reviewed 21 January 2014

We stayed here twice for a weekend trip in autumn. Situated very near to the Schönbrunn Palace, the hotel provides an excellent starting point for walks through the castle gardens. Downtown Vienna is also easily attainable by subway or by car. The only drawback of the hotel is that its front side rooms are situated to the very busy street and the do not meet expectations of lovers of opened windows breathing fresh air. The air condition lovers do not have to afraid this, the windows are well insulating guests from the outside noise. I recommend to book a room oriented to the yard in advance.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Robert G
Reviewed 19 January 2014

I stayed for a few nights with friends while we explored Vienna and Bratislava. The hotel is walking distance from the Schonbrunn Palace. It is also very close to a train station which made it very easy to get to the center of town for dinner and other sites.

The rooms were simple and clean. In advance of the trip I contacted the hotel about getting an rollaway bed added to our room and they had it ready to go when I arrived. They were also very accommodating about holding onto our luggage until check-in time since we arrived early.

The breakfast was really nice, with a large selection of items to try. There aren't a ton of restaurants or stores nearby, but again the train station being so close made it a fine choice.

Overall, the hotel is a pretty standard Courtyard Marriott- clean and safe with friendly staff.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank Jennifer L
Reviewed 10 January 2014

The hotel is located very close to the Schonbrunn Palace, in a nice area. Rooms are very wellcoming and clean. The bed and sheets are great and really relaxing. Breakfast with plenty of choice and tasty.
I would like to thank Ilaria from the reception for all the great advices she gave us regarding the places to visit in Vienna. So, grazie Ilaria!

It is a pleasant hotel I would any time return to with great confidence.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Izabela401
Reviewed 28 December 2013

Our family of three stayed here for one night during this year Xmas break on our way to Tirol. The location is great. It is close to the park and Schonbrunn palace. Also it is not so far away from the historic centre. The room was nice, equipped with all the usuals (including kettle, selection of teas/coffe, etc...). There is a additional charge for the parking EUR 17 and the lots are getting filled up quite quickly. The breakfast was delicious - typical continental buffet including wide selcection of various cheeses and pastries. It is a great value for money. I will definitely stay here when visiting Vienna again.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family