“Great hotel”

Courtyard by Marriott Vienna Schoenbrunn
Ranked #75 of 359 Hotels in Vienna
Reviewed 23 March 2014

We stayed here for three nights while in Vienna. The hotel was great. Very spacious and clean. We loved that it was literally down the street from the metro and the schonnbrun palace. Staff were pleasant and spoke perfect English.

We didn't eat breakfast there (too pricey). However there is a grocery store (Spar) a few blocks away where we picked up soda and baked goods. There aren't many eating options around either so try and eat while you're out.

The only negative was there was no free wifi in the rooms, just the lobby. Which wasn't bad but the lobby only has like 6 small chairs.

We would defiantly stay here again.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Renoir4119

Reviewed 22 March 2014 via mobile

Courtyard Schonbrunn was a no doubt choice given its location to the historical palace and upcoming Christmas festivities. I used my reward points to cover my stay and it was worth of every point! Spacey bright rooms, great shower, new furniture and helpful staff. Metro is right next to the hotel so it takes a short ride to get to Stephanplatz. Recommend to all. Thank you.

Stayed: December 2013, travelled with friends
2  Thank Emil R
Reviewed 10 March 2014

I went in winter, it is close to Metro station and Schobrunn palace and park (around 5 minutes walk). I recommend it for medium price budgets. The handicap is the absence of a good restaurant inside the hotel and the cars noise at night.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 8 March 2014 via mobile

A decent hotel, conveniently located at the sight "Schönbrunn". I stayed here for business at the nearby conference center. That was very convenient. Otherweise I prefer locations closer to the city center, as it takes about 10 - 15 minutes by metro to get downtown.
The rooms are standard, very clean and typical marriott style (US design), without much charme.
The staff is well trained and do the job as I would expect it in a hotel chain.
Would I go back, of course if I have business in this area.

Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 1 March 2014

We stayed here for three nights; the hotel is within walking distance of the palace and the metro station, and there're some nice local restaurants in the vicinity. The staff were very welcoming, the buffet breakfast was very adequate, and the rooms were reasonably luxurious, well-kept and very comfortable. Definitely recommend.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Amaris L
CourtyardSchoenbrunn, Executive Assistant Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Vienna Schoenbrunn, responded to this reviewResponded 7 March 2014

Dear Jordan,

First of all, we would like to thank you for staying at the Courtyard by Marriott Wien Schoenbrunn and also for completing our guest survey. Your valuable feedback helps us to steadily improve our service and to ensure the ongoing satisfaction of our future guests.

Moreover, we are glad to learn that you have enjoyed your stay in our hotel. Since all members of our team are giving their very best every day to provide great service, we will definitely forward your good feedback to them.

We are looking forward to welcoming you back to the Courtyard by Marriott Wien Schoenbrunn in the near future.
Best regards,

Louis Alesch | Executive Assistant Manager in Charge of Administration | Courtyard by Marriott Wien Schönbrunn | V.A. Hotel GmbH | Schönbrunner Schlossstrasse 38-40 | 1120 Wien, Austria I T: +43 (0) 1 810 1717 814 | F: +43 (0) 1 810 1717 177 | Email: administration@courtyard-vienna.at | Web: courtyard-vienna.at | courtyardhotels.de | courtyard.com | courtyard.fr

Reviewed 20 February 2014

Stayed in Vienna for 1-night and had a pleasant stay. I wasn't in the room very much because I wanted to sight-see, but the rooms are what you would expect of a Courtyard. It was not exceedingly fancy, but it was very comfortable and clean. The staff at the front counter was terrific and everyone was focused on providing terrific customer service. Stephanie at the front desk especially left an impression. After breakfast (which included champagne), I was planning to walk around before heading to Budapest but hadn't decided where to stay while in Budapest. She called a couple of hotels and got their rates and make the reservation. She even called me later in the day after I checked out to provide me with the confirmation number. This may seem small but it was a big, big help. I had some 6 other colleagues with me and she did the same for them too.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank Sharolyn P
Reviewed 21 January 2014

We stayed here twice for a weekend trip in autumn. Situated very near to the Schönbrunn Palace, the hotel provides an excellent starting point for walks through the castle gardens. Downtown Vienna is also easily attainable by subway or by car. The only drawback of the hotel is that its front side rooms are situated to the very busy street and the do not meet expectations of lovers of opened windows breathing fresh air. The air condition lovers do not have to afraid this, the windows are well insulating guests from the outside noise. I recommend to book a room oriented to the yard in advance.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple