“A Perfect Hotel In A Perfect Location In A Perfect City”

Radisson Blu Style Hotel, Vienna
Ranked #58 of 361 Hotels in Vienna
Marbella, Spain
“A Perfect Hotel In A Perfect Location In A Perfect City”
Reviewed 1 June 2014

As a much seasoned traveller, I have been in countless hotels all over the world, but I can honestly say, that this was one of the best, if not THE best experiences I have ever had in any hotel, including five star de luxe competitors.

We stayed in room 410, which we shall return to soon. It is a large room, with a good view of the famous Cafe Central next door. It had a 42" flat screen TV, a safe, amazing coffee making facilities and a bathroom to die for. I actually looked forward to my morning shower.

The rooms are very well soundproofed and it was the only hotel I have ever been in, where you could shut the door from the outside without slamming it and disturbing adjacent rooms.

The location is simply the BEST, it is within a 10 minute walk of so many attractions, that one can see several key sites in a short stay.

The breakfast is fantastic, with a wide choice of freshly cooked options, the only black mark being the head waiter, who was unsmiling, slow and rather less than helpful.

All the other staff were truly wonderful from the receptionists to the maids who did a superb job in cleaning our room promptly and to a standard that would please the most discerning client.

When booking, I told them that we were celebrating our wedding anniversary, so requested a good room. Not only did they oblige with a fantastic room, but on our first night back to the hotel, we found a complementary chilled bottle of champagne with a very kind note of congratulations. A truly class act.

On our next visit to Vienna and we shall certainly return, we will not even consider staying anywhere else.

Do yourself a favour and do likewise, you will thank me.

Roby070

Room Tip: We stayed in room 410, which was great. If you cannot get this room, try to stay on the 4th, 5th or...
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Roby070
isabel_fiedler, Guest Relations Manager at Radisson Blu Style Hotel, Vienna, responded to this review, 10 June 2014
Dear Roby,

Thank you very much for your reservation and for taking the time to write such a friendly and positive review about it. We really appreciate it and we are very happy that you had a pleasant stay in our property and could enjoy your time in Vienna. Thank you very much and please be assure that I will pass your friendly comment to all involved employees.
We hope you had a great anniversary and we can welcome you soon back in our hotel.

In the meantime we remain with best regards and greetings from Vienna.
Hopefully see you soon back here.

All the best

Guest Relation

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (77)
  • Arabic first
  • Czech first
  • Finnish first
  • Hungarian first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Launceston, United Kingdom
Reviewed 17 May 2014

We arrived at the Hotel, for a 5-night city-break.
We got an upgrade to a Suite (408), which was a very welcome surprise. It was spacious, well-appointed and had great views of the Old Town.
Breakfast was well-catered for - cooked, continental, fruit, etc - more than enough to set you up, for the day.
ALL the staff we came into contact with, were friendly, helpful and welcoming.
We would thoroughly recommend this Hotel.

Room Tip: Corner Suites are spacious. Try and get a high-floor room, at the front, overlooking Herrangasse.
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
isabel_fiedler, Guest Relations Manager at Radisson Blu Style Hotel, Vienna, responded to this review, 19 May 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for your reservation in the Radisson Blu Style hotel and for taking the time to wrtite such a friendly review about it. Thank you very much for your friendly and positives words. We really appreciate it and we are happy to hear that you felt comfortable in our property and could enjoy your stay in Vienna.
We all hope, we are able to welcome you soon back in our house.

Best Regards
Lochristi, Oost-Vlaanderen, Belgium
Reviewed 14 May 2014

Radisson Blue Style hotel is situated very close to the city center and is therefor in interesting location to start a city visit. We were with 3 persons and it took 15 minutes to get checked in. Also check-out was slow. Rooms and lobby are quite nice, but not in relation to the pricing level of the hotel. When I returned to the hotel after my first day, I found the door open and a keycard in the electricity lock in my room. Nobody was in the room, but is was clear that the room cleaning was not fully done and towels and soap not replaced. Luckily nothing was stolen. After notification to reception, this was NOT corrected. This is very poor service for me.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
isabel_fiedler, Guest Relations Manager at Radisson Blu Style Hotel, Vienna, responded to this review, 16 May 2014
Dear Guest,
Thank you very much for taking the time to write a review of your recent stay in the Radisson Blu Style Hotel. I would like to apologize for all inconveniences you had to experience during your stay. We are taken complains very serious and I am very sad to hear that your feedback was not treaten as it should be treaten. We will discuss it with all involved employees, so we will fine tune our service in here.As I said, I am really sorry for all of this and regret that you could enjoy your stay. I really hope you accept my sincer apologize and hope you would give us another chance on your next visit.

Zagreb, Croatia
Reviewed 14 May 2014

rooms look really nice, nicely decorated, very large but i had a problem with heating in my room, they tried to fix it unsuccessfully. it was freazing cold in the middle of winter in vienna.
we paid for business room but wifi signal strenght was horrible.
location is great

• Stayed December 2013, travelled on business
Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for your stay in the Radisson blu style Hotel. We are very sorry for the inconvenieces regarding the heating in your room last winter. As it is some while ago, I can just mention that we have a general heating system which goes maximum to 24 Celius.
I am sorry that my colleagues have been not able to fix it.
I really hope you accept my sincer apologize.

Best Regards

England,UK
Reviewed 2 May 2014

The perfect place to come back to after spending a day trekking around Vienna.

Pro's:

Very central location
- 5 minutes away from Herrengasse U-bahn
- 40 min away from Airport via underground (costs less than 10 euros door-to-door)
- Medium sized European-standard rooms, but enough storage space to put everything way
- Comfy beds, lots of pillows, very comfy duvet - doesn't get too hot
- Temp control (i-built fan) in room (min 19)
- Plenty of mirrors, cosy seating, hair dryer and nespresso/kettle available
- Great bathroom, shower to die for - both rain shower head and flexible showerhead, plenty of toiletries supplied
- Safe and mini-bar, though mini-bar is expensive
- Supermarket 5 min away
- Couple of great cafe's 5 min away
- Close to several major attractions - Imperial museum, Spanish riding school & opera house
- Front desk staff very friendly - will provide you lots of information & a city map & arrange taxis and fiakers (2-horse carriages)
- Room service prompt & efficient, though I couldn't get hold of them early morning (before 7 am)
- Wifi worked without a hitch - both on phone & laptop

Cons:

- Very little - small things like sharp corners on tables, lack of enough tea bags for tea lovers, no extra loo roll, was a bit awkward having to asking front desk for loo roll!
- My one major gripe was that the blackout blinds still let light in from around the corners.
- TV doesn't have any English channels (didn't bother us in the least - but just for FYI :)

Would definitely stay there again.

Travel tip:
- Its easily to get to the hotel from the airport using either: a combination of S-bahn from airport to Wein Mitte and changing over at Wein Mitte station for the U-bahn U3 to Ottakring;
or CAT to Wein Mitte and U-bahn U2 line to Ottakring;

- When entering the S-bahn train you have to climb a couple of steps, CAT is easier if you have heavy luggage

- Directions are clearly signposted at train stations. S-bahn tickets purchased at airports, and weekly tickets do not need validation. Single tickets must be validated BEFORE boarding the train.

- Once you get off at Herrengase U-bahn, exit the station and turn left, then right onto Herrengasse. We couldn't spot the name of the road at first because it is written in cursive script and split over two lines. The hotel is within an easy 5-6 min walk from the U-bahn, so if you haven't found it by then, do ask for directions :)

- Get a adapter which fits recessed European plug sockets!!!!

- Try and get a pop-out guide or a underground map - its very useful when walking around. We couldn't find any underground map leaflets like you do in London, but I am sure the tourist information will have some. The hotel also has a city centre map.

Room Tip: Stayed on the 2nd floor facing street, had no problems with noise
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank Flowerscat
isabel_fiedler, Guest Relations Manager at Radisson Blu Style Hotel, Vienna, responded to this review, 5 May 2014
Dear guest,

Thank you very much for taking the time to write a review of your recent stay with us. We really appreciate all your feedback and will use it to fine tune our operations in those specific areas.
I already passed your concerns to all involved employees, so we are able to work on it as soon as possible. I would just have to mention one thing, that we have 2 english channels.
It is a pleasure for us to hear that you enjoyed the room, the service and the staff. Thank you very much for all your friendly words. We all hope you had a great time in Vienna and that as soon you are back in Vienna, we are able to welcome you again in the Radisson Blu Style Hotel.
We remain with best regards

Cardiff
Reviewed 29 April 2014

This is the second Radisson Blu I've stayed in (the other being in Lisbon) and, once again, I've been really pleased with them. The hotel is excellently located, about a 10 minute walk from the Museum quarter, St Stephens and the Rathaus, and there are lots of great things to see and do very nearby.

The hotel was very clean and modern and I was especially impressed with my room which, as a standard, was more spacious, better equipped and far more comfortable than many so-called 'deluxe' rooms in other chains. The turndown service in the evening was a nice touch and all the staff I encountered were welcoming, friendly and helpful.

I ate in the restaurant once and the food was very nice...especially the Apple Strudel! It's not that cheap, but welcome to Europe folks!

Overall I wouldn't complain about anything (unusually for me!) and I would definitely recommend this hotel to anyone.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for your recent stay in the Radison Blu Style Hotel and as well for the friendly and positve review of it. It is a pleasure to hear that you always enjoyed our YES I CAN service. That is our biggest target to provide every guest the same service in all Radisson Blu properties.
We all hope we can welcome you soon back in our house and remain with sunny greetings from Vienna.

Toronto, Canada
Reviewed 26 April 2014

Highly recommended -The Radisson Blu Vienna is a great place to stay - The Hotel staff is outstanding - It feels romantic, cosy and welcome in this boutique style Hotel - professional and friendly people surround you - It is fantastic location in the heart of Vienna

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Radisson Blu Hotels

ManagementStyleHotel, General Manager at Radisson Blu Style Hotel, Vienna, responded to this review, 28 April 2014
Dear Guest,

many thanks for providing your feedback about your receint stay with us. We are happy that you had a great time and are looking forward to welcoming you soon again when your next trip brings you back to Vienna!
Best regards