“God value honest tapes”
Review of El rincon de Don Quijote - CLOSED

El rincon de Don Quijote
Price range: US$3 - US$10
Good for: Kids, Special Occasion Dining, Groups, Business meetings, Child-friendly
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Cash Only, Free Wifi, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wine and Beer
Neighbourhood: Mariahilf
Description: Enjoy with us the best tapas, spanish beers and wine
“God value honest tapes”
Reviewed 10 August 2014

Went there because of the good review in this forum. From the street it doesn't look like much, but the room is small, cozy and quiet even though it was full. The couple who has the place are spanish speaking and very friendly, and the food is good value and very tasty. They had no olives which was a bit od, but otherwise a perfect experience.

• Visited August 2014
Mbarakaja, Propietario at El rincon de Don Quijote, responded to this review, 11 August 2014
Hello!! :)

first thank you :) and second sorry for the olives, sometimes i have it but casually that day i didnt.

the restaurant is not so little, we have another big room, but it was a mess and we are painting it and making a beautiful decoration with plants and with speakers :) in one week we will have ir finished (i hope hehe)

thank you again and nice to have met you :)

• Hebrew first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
Solihull
“Thanks Trip advisor”
Reviewed 9 August 2014

Looked for a Tapas restaurant on Trip Advisor and found this.
It is a small, but first rate Tapas bar. The staff are typically Spanish Tapas staff and the food really tastes.
The location is a bit off-putting but do not let this put you off.
Excellent food at a good price.

Visited August 2014
1 Thank jackb39
Mbarakaja, Propietario at El rincon de Don Quijote, responded to this review, 10 August 2014
Dear Jackb39,

thank you for everything, your opinion and visit. You are right with the location but its not so difficult to find, you have 3 bus lines 12a,13a and 14a, and a ubahn U4.

And Vienna is going to work hard in my location, the will make it more beautiful with trees, parks, a new ubahn line, it will be very beautiful soon. This summer i didnt have a terrase because some problems, but next summer i hope ill have a very nice one.

Miguel
Oslo, Norway
“great food”
Reviewed 27 July 2014

i was there because i red something about in this website.
i was really surprised because the food there is very good, we wanted to eat something before party... i recommed it to everybody!!
the best things? i couldnt say, but the meatballs are very tasty and the wines are very nice too.
i felt like if i were in Spain,

• Visited July 2014
1 Thank john l
“Authentic Spanish food”
Reviewed 23 July 2014 via mobile

My girlfriend and I had dinner here. The food was great, very authentic and good for the price (3 euro per tapa). The service was fast and extremely friendly. I'd recommend this place whenever you get sick of eating pork in Vienna :). There is very easy access from the u 4.

1 Thank Pablo D
Drogheda, Ireland
“Not quite the loaves and the fishes!”
Reviewed 23 July 2014

We ate here on our last night in Vienna and we were so looking forward to our meal having head the reviews on Tripadvisor. It was almost 9pm when we arrived at the restaurant and as it was very busy the owner kindly opened up an adjoining area of the restaurant where we sat on two lovely comfy sofas. There was some live music being played by a lovely Spanish guy and the atmosphere was excellent.

The man who runs the restaurant and the lady assisting him were both lovely friendly individuals and we understood that the owner was also the one who does the cooking too.

We are huge fans of tapas and we were eagerly perusing the lovely menu when the owner came to the table and suggested what we might eat. We went along with his recommendations ordering a small amount of food to begin with and he also ordered some wine. Before long we were licking our lips and the tasty bits we had started with were all excellent.

We were all ravenous and we were ready to work our way through the rest of the menu but there was only one problem. It turned out however that the chef's original recommendations were what was left in the kitchen as he said that the large group who were there when we arrived had eaten everything!

I have to say that the menu did "look" excellent. There was a great variety of foods listed, but as only about 10-15% of what was on the menu was actually available to us we really couldn't assess the true quality of the tapas.

We settled for repeated portions of prawns and chick peas and bread and although it was disappointing on our last night, we appreciated that the young owner/chef was just getting a grip on things, and he obviously didn't want to have any wasted food!

I would say that in contrast to our normal experience of tapas as a dining option, we felt that the meal at this restaurant was expensive, and of the four nights that we ate out in Vienna this was our most expensive bill for the least amount of food.

In summary, the setting is cosy and fun and the staff friendly and helpful. The food and wine we tried were tasty and well presented but the variety for us was sadly lacking. Value wise I would say it's overpriced but I would still be tempted to go again for a second chance if I found myself back in Vienna.

• Visited June 2014
2 Thank Berniebobcat
Mbarakaja, Propietario at El rincon de Don Quijote, responded to this review, 4 August 2014
Dear friends,

thank you for eating in my restaurant and write an opinion.

I remember you very clear, we were talking long time and you were very friendly.

but what youd say is not really true... I remember, that day I only didnt have TWO tapas, it was late and a lot of people came that day (i cook everything fresh, not like in other places, my tapas bar was only two months opened and my food is limited, and you came without booking ), however I had THREE tapas extra out from the menu but you only wanted to eat meatballs and lentils.. maybe shrimps too. I remember two that one of you just asked me to get marry because my food was so good (it was very funny too) heheh

excuse my english.

thak you very much and I hope to see you again

un abrazo y un saludo, Miguel