“The Worst Hostel I Have Been”

Blue Corridor Hostel
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Vienna
Blue Corridor Hostel
Ranked #161 of 194 Speciality Lodging in Vienna
Paris
“The Worst Hostel I Have Been”
Reviewed 1 January 2008

I have just finished one night stay in blue corridor in this hostel. In fact I am reluctant to put 'hostel' for blue corridor because you could not find any 'atmosphere' of a hostel there. The room actually I was given is a street away from the front desk. The service of the front desk from the mid-age lady (a lot of people mentioned in their review) was so poor. I felt that she just wants to get your MONEY and she does not want to provide any comfort or friendliness that a hostel normally has. They don't accept credit card but cash, which probably will save the bank commission to be charged to them.

My room is on the 4th floor in another street of a old building. There is no lift so I have to carry my 20kg luggage to the fourth floor. (Nobody from the hostel was there so you don't dream any help from them). It is a big room seperated into a few samll rooms. The room I was in perfectly installed with 4 beds and 2 chairs without any other space. You just could have a bed. Ourside of the room there are two pretty dirty sofas. If somebody really wants to sit there, then you will block other people walking in and out.

The bath room is small without washing basin so you have to go to the shower room to wash your hand. The shower room has two shower heads in one room without seperation and the lock does not work (anybody could get in even somebody is in the shower). So there is no privacy. Also be minded to the steps. You probably will fall down to get in the shower room because you could not switch the light on which is inside the shower room.

They promised to store luggage in the post that they give me howerver when I tried to do so in the next day, the lady refused because she was not working on that day!! I have never seen a hostel to break the promise in such a direct way!! As long as you give the MONEY to them, they are all set and the rest is your business!! So I have to carry my 20kg luggage again scrolling on the Vienna street.

I heard a lot of complaints from other people staying in there. I would NOT recommend this hostel except you could not find any other one. I don't feel that they want to improve their service level or facility. I think the way they make MONEY is to TRAP the new travellers. Don't be the next one!!

• Liked — location is good
  • Disliked — service
  • Stayed December 2007, travelled solo
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
2 Thank pangziParis

Business
Czech Republic
Reviewed 18 September 2007

Good location, the service is not worth the money. We stayed in a double room, which was just ok - clean; it had bulbs - no lamps. The bathroom was flooded and not very clean, water cold, the rules that you have to sign and that are written on your door are more of orders (see attachment). We will definitely not come back to this hostel and won't recommend it to others. It was ok for staying one night but we have much better experience with other hostels in other countries (e.g. Meininger) for same money.

• Liked — location
  • Disliked — service
  • Stayed June 2007, travelled with family
1 Thank Bluebarca

Travellers are raving about these Vienna hotels

Rennes
Reviewed 21 April 2007

Booked through hostelworld.com.
The location was fantastic - a five minute walk from the main attractions and downtown Vienna. Much closer than most hostels, which are located near the main train station.
However - its attractions end there! This hostel is super sketchy. We had difficulty communicating with the woman in charge of check-in (she would be the receptionist, if there was a front desk) as she barely spoke English and it took a while to make her understand that we'd already reserved a room. The room was unfinished, which holes in the walls, and a back door that looked off into a courtyard full of junk. Upon further investigation, the back door came off its hinges. The bathroom was miniscule, and the sink not securely in place. There was no hot water the first night - it appeared our proprietress had "forgot" to turn it on. The third night we stayed in a 12-bed dormitory-style room, which was located through a couple doors behind the bar in a creepy illegal-immigrant-hiding-in-a-back-room sort of way. The room was far too small for twelve beds and had no amenities whatsoever.

I would NOT reccomend this hostel to anyone, despite its great location. That said, we had no real problems while staying there, other than a general feeling of uneasy creeped-out-ness.

• Stayed April 2007, travelled with friends
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
3 Thank ltarte