“It was an average experience.”

Arcotel Kaiserwasser
Ranked #133 of 359 Hotels in Vienna
Reviewed 2 June 2014

The cleanliness of the room was poor,we had dirty towels and dust in the room.
I liked that it was very close to the subway, the Prater park and the cruise point.
I did not understand why the hotel charged me with an amount of money as a guarantee for the breakfast and minibar, without letting me know when I made the reservation.

• Stayed: May 2014
ARCOTEL_Kaiserwasser, Manager at Arcotel Kaiserwasser, responded to this reviewResponded 21 June 2014

Dear Guest

We thank you for your honest feedback and we are sorry to hear that you were not satisfied with our service. You can be sure that this is not the quality which we would give to our guests. All your suggestions we forward to our management an will be reclaimed.

We hope we can prove our high quality during your next stay in our hotel.

Kind regards from Vienna
Your ARCOTEL Kaiserwasser Team

Reviewed 24 May 2014

Great location if you need to be at Vienna International Centre, and super location to get the train into the centre as well. I wouldn't say I liked or disliked this hotel. Let's just put it down to the fact it just wasn't my style of hotel. Too much red!!! Comfortable rooms but not in my opinion four star. Staff were friendly and made the stay more pleasurable.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 16 May 2014

Not a hotel I would holiday in but quite adequate from a business perspective. Could do with an all over upgrade. Bathroom was a bit grotty. Its a taxi drive anywhere. To be fair the staff were very pleasant

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business
ARCOTEL_Kaiserwasser, Leiter Gästebetreuung at Arcotel Kaiserwasser, responded to this reviewResponded 27 May 2014

Dear "smcelroy",
thank you very much for your stay at the ARCOTEL Kaiserwasser. We are very thankful for your feedback and appreciate your opinion that our hotel is more suitable for business guests.
We are very sorry that your bathroom wasn't cleaned properly. We will certainly follow up this point of criticism and train our staff again.
Nevertheless we hope you will give us the opportunity to show you our high standards and quality at ARCOTEL Kaiserwasser in the future.

With kindest regards from Vienna,

Reviewed 14 May 2014

Right next to the Convention Centre and a metro stop this is very convenient for a visit to Vienna. A very comfortable hotel with an excellent breakfast buffet each morning. I had a business room which gives access to free minibar and snacks in a small business lounge, plus free spa access. Highly recommended. I have stayed here several times and wouldn't think of looking for an alternative.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business

Dear "Zotsha"!
Thank you very much for your positive review posted on Trip Advisor. We appreciate your comments about our property and its surrounding area as well as your tip you gave to our prospective guests which will come by car to the ARCOTEL Kaiserwasser.
Your criticism about the internet and the parking, we already forwarded to our management, thank you for your input.

We truly hope that we will welcome you again in the future.

Kind regards,

Reviewed 7 May 2014

The hotel is next to the Donau-City where a number of large offices are located. The location is perfect for a business trip but I would recommend a more central hotel for families visiting Vienna.
The hotel is very nice, the rooms are clean and the bed is comfortable.
They offer the best breakfast selection of all the hotels I visited, including premium five star hotels. I guarantee that you can find delicious goods for breakfast with any taste and any dietary restrictions.
A bad point is that they ask for an EUR 50 deposit with credit card for a room even if you already paid and this amount was blocked on my account.for weeks.

Room Tip: Ask for a room which is not facing the highway.
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
ARCOTEL_Kaiserwasser, Leiter Gästebetreuung at Arcotel Kaiserwasser, responded to this reviewResponded 14 May 2014

Dear "nagytibi",
thank you for choosing the ARCOTEL Kaiserwasser Vienna it was a pleasure to have you staying with us. We are especially grateful for the time you have taken to give us a feedback on tripadvisor.
We appreciate your compliments concerning the room and our delicious breakfast.
Let us apologize that it took so long to cancel your reservation, we will certainly follow up this point of criticism and train our staff again.
We are looking forward to welcoming soon in our ARCOTEL Kaiserwasser.

Kindest regards,

Reviewed 27 April 2014

I stayed at Arcotel for 10 nights this time for a conference trip. I booked the hotel on an online promotional rate for a normal room with no breakfast (which I did for the last stay). about a week before, I received an email reminder about the hotel stay and an offer to upgrade to executive room at 15 euros per night (usually 25 euros per night more). I took the offer and had no regrets. the 15 euros were well spent as it included free wifi/cable (usually $9 per day), and access to the executive lounge all day that served snacks, tea & coffee from very early in the morning till late at night. this worked as my breakfast (they serve the best mini croissants!) I don't eat much breakfast and usually grabbed the snacks and ate while I walked to work. it was also my evening stop to get some dessert and a nice cup of tea before bed. best thing, it came with free mini bar - which was re-stocked every day with snacks, manner biscuits, mixed nuts, 2 different beers, 3 juices, cider, water... this was really useful.

it is not exactly right in town but near enough. the U-bahn is right in front of the hotel and it is an easy 5 stops into the city Stephansplatz. and 3 stops to the huge Donau Zentrum mall.

the lake behind the hotel is also a lovely lovely place for morning walks.

the hotel staff were very helpful and accommodating. they were great with suggestions on where to go and how to get there.

read about the unfortunately event of theft from a safe. I'm so sorry for the guest but I didn't feel unsafe at all throughout my long stay and none of my things were stolen. then again, I never ever put money or passport inside a hotel safe. it is the most obvious place for a burglar to target. just sayin..

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
ARCOTEL_Kaiserwasser, Leiter Gästebetreuung at Arcotel Kaiserwasser, responded to this reviewResponded 12 May 2014

Dear "soj0urner"!
Thank you very much for your feedback. We are happy to read that you have enjoyed your 2nd stay at the ARCOTEL Kaiserwasser even more than in 2012. It seems we have done everything right to improve our high quality standard that you have been satisfied again with our service.
Also we want to mention that we-and for sure the tripadvisor community as well-really like reading your review which is very detailed described. Thank you!
As we say "all good things come in threes" we are looking forward for your next stay in Vienna to pamper you like we did at your previous stays.

See you soon!

Yours sincerely,

Reviewed 18 April 2014

I spent 3 nights there. My room was clean and large, although it smelt like an ashtray. It had comfortable bed, very nice bathroom, service was great, it has perfect location close to U-Bahn, and I had lovely breakfast.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
ARCOTEL_Kaiserwasser, Leiter Gästebetreuung at Arcotel Kaiserwasser, responded to this reviewResponded 23 April 2014

Dear Mr. "Jakub8686"!
Thank you for choosing the ARCOTEL Kaiserwasser Vienna, it was a pleasure to have you staying with us. We are especially grateful for the time you have taken to give us feedback. Thank you also for your compliments concerning the breakfast, our location and your room.
We want to apologize that you got unfortunately a smoking room instead of a non-smoking.
Nonetheless we hope your overall impression is outweight positive and you will be back at the ARCOTEL Kaiserwasser within the near future.

Kind regards,